Invisible Backpacks

Should they add them?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

Are you a constable in the APD and are tired of running out of mags trying to disable a HEMMT or a 86 wheeled vehicles or trying to disable helicopters engines but still want mags to fend off from active and dangerous shooters? Then vote for invisible backpacks today for the roleplay!

No, but deadass I believe we should add them for both factions because lets me honest 12 mags without medical can get kinda aids here and there if your not a corporal + or undercover, I believe we should at least get like one of the smaller backpacks invisible and that should be good. 

Edited by Nikoteen

I don't think its a bad idea, not like it matters at this point but I think the only argument against them is that you do lose some small amount of concealment when using a bigger backpack or anyone at all for that matter. I on rare occasion have spotted people in deerstands when they are bobbing and weaving back and forth or just moving in general. That sort of thing does rarely matter, if it does at all really. For me personally, I'm indifferent.

I personally think part of the charm when playing cop is making hard decisions as to how best make use of the limited space you have. 

How many lethal mags should i have? how many downing? should i drop a mag for a few flashes/smokes - do i really need this flash-bang?

I don't think cops should be able to run around having everything they need whenever they need it. One thing i do know is i definitely can't support this idea until blowing up Orca's with flash-bangs is removed because invisible backpacks will give this ability to every single constable+. Due to the fact re-gearing does not make you pay for getting your flash-bangs back every single cop can run around with 24 flash-bangs for blowing up deer-stands and orcas with little to no penalty for it if they die. I understand its alot of money for those flash-bangs but a rebel pays 30k for his RPG and loses it if he dies.

I mean its actually very common that cops carry a tourniquet on themselves that sometimes also contains simple first aid.  They have duty belt and ballistic armor carriers for them and everything.

Also if you really want to base your rationalization on reality and not gameplay balance, if altis existed as it does in our servers all cops from everywhere would be much more heavily armed, armored, and there would only be lethals...No one is trying to taze a madman with a rifle and body armor, let alone one with a sui vest or a rpg. 

So basing it more on balance, it makes sense.  Not the biggest bag ever, but one big enough that you can carry a decent kit with you.  It still is nothing compared to the csats, 7.62s and large bags rebels get.

That's the only thing I actually like about Olympus when I played there for a little bit.  The ability to use an invisible backpack on cop.  If it doesn't get added here I think the ability to keep a GO bag (Assault Pack) in our car that can only be pulled out when in combat or just at Fed/Bank/Prison would be a decent idea.  A GO bag in real life is something some cops keep in their car that keeps extra AR mags, medical equipment, etc.

Edited by Destrah
DankBud, Nikoteen and Patato like this
1 hour ago, danile666 said:

I mean its actually very common that cops carry a tourniquet on themselves that sometimes also contains simple first aid.  They have duty belt and ballistic armor carriers for them and everything.

Also if you really want to base your rationalization on reality and not gameplay balance, if altis existed as it does in our servers all cops from everywhere would be much more heavily armed, armored, and there would only be lethals...No one is trying to taze a madman with a rifle and body armor, let alone one with a sui vest or a rpg. 

So basing it more on balance, it makes sense.  Not the biggest bag ever, but one big enough that you can carry a decent kit with you.  It still is nothing compared to the csats, 7.62s and large bags rebels get.

You're saying its unbalanced for Rebels to have an advantage in the load-out department when they easily pay 5x what a cop pays for a load-out?

That's not even taking into consideration how many advantages the APD has

1. Cpl Prestige Tree > Infamy Tree
  2. HQ > Rebel
  3. Can Combat Seize Vehicles in HQ's (Rebels cant EVER combat store)
  4. Cops never lose Y inventory
  5. Cops can soft-log immediately to respond to FED/BANK/Prison keep in mind when they soft-log they spawn at an HQ and can load-up fully before a fight.
  6. Cops spawn with LVL 2 armor (The only lvl 2 armor in the game) and are able to stack it with Pilot coveralls. Granted you have to unlock the coveralls from a crate.
  7. Free NVG's 
  8. Endless repair kits that you never have to carry on your person (With Talent)
  9. Spike Strips

These are just a few of many advantages APD have over rebels (Not even going into the fact downing rounds are more likely to one tap Csat + Armor than 7.62)

MX's have 30 round mags while an MK has a 20 Round mag. Keeping in mind the 30 round mag takes up less space than a 20rnd 7.62 mag.

This is a bit old but its how i calculate the load out of an "Average" Rebel

Spoiler

Obviously some important things that should be noted but are not calculated in the data.

1. Cops must respond to fed bank prison
  2. Cops don't generally get to pick their fights a majority of the time they are fairly obligated to fight on the rebels terms (Bank Roof, Alamo & towers Ect.) 
  3. Cops only have one avenue of making money
  4. Smart rebels will craft guns

But for this conversation lets just focus on a constable vs "Standard" rebel

Constable+ Spawns with Clothing, Lvl 2 Vest, NVG's which means they must pay for an

MX ($2,120)

Scope ($500)

Ammo x 13 ($50ea)

Fresh Buy Total $3,270

Re-gear Price $2,912

(We will assume no smokes or flashes)

Y inventory Saves so no Y inventory to buy

ANY Constable+ can carry 13 magazines of ammo if they sacrifice smokes & Flashes that's 390 Rounds of ammo and they maintain 3 full bars of stamina

A rebel load-out - CSAT, Tac Vest & Viper Harness (You are unable to wear carry-all with CSAT's as per Bohemia TOS, Yes i know their are exploits to wear a carry-all) can only hold 33 Mags of 20 bullets meaning 660 Bullets 

(Again Assuming no Smokes Grenades or FAK's)

To buy just the clothing, gun and Ammo is 20k leaving them with one bar of stamina.and we haven't even gotten into buying any Y inventory yet

-------------------------------------------------------

Defib ($800) x1

Blood-bag ($130) x10

Pain Killers ($15) x10

Adrenaline Shot ($900) x2 

Redgull x 10 ($132)

Tac Bacon x 5 ($7)

Lock picks x13 ($15)

Total Inventory Weight 90/90

Total Price $5,600

Total Rebel load-out with 0% Taxes 25,600

(Make @Gen. Henry Arnold Buy the drill for bank)

Cop pays $2912 for a 390 bullet load-out upon death

rebel is paying $25,600 for a 650 Bullet load-out upon death. 

This isn't taking into account 20% taxes either.

Again its a bit unrealistic to assume either side would only carry just massive amounts of ammo but it is the best way to illustrate that Rebels having backpacks isn't as big of an advantage as you would think 

Maaqs likes this

I can carry 1 flash, 3 smokes, and 10 mags [7 Downing and 3 Lethals] and I don't complain because I'm not a bad shot. That AND I repack used mags to make more room. We DON'T need to carry the 4 FAKs we spawn with, you DON'T need to carry Pistol ammo (Cuz it's basically never used). You could also just resupply when you take someone to HQ to process.

Let me put it plainly: Practice your shots in a range or something like that and get better with your shots.

Or maybe just don't spray your entire load of ammo and die because you don't take 3 seconds to search your surroundings while moving to cover to locate the shooter. Or just follow the damn tracers, either way. But when all you do is spray every single bullet you have, of course you're going to run out of ammo.

I even carry 8 Blood bags, 6 Painkillers [I get injured a lot and the shaking screen is annoying af] 2 splints, 2 Adrenaline shots, 6 Coffee, 6 Donuts, 6 Water, and like... IDK 20 something Redgulls that I gather off dead bodies. And I still have inventory space remaining.

All in all, I see no need for invisible backpacks. So if you're always running out of ammo, then you're just a terrible shot.

Edited by Kitsune Neko
Cuz I felt like it.
王 rando 王 likes this