Motherboard CPU Ram Power supply Build?

Hello it's time to build price range is under 550.00 would like to get i-5 "Intel Core i5 9600K 6-Core 3.7GHz LGA1151 w/9MB cache CPU (BOX)" or something similar and i hear you need at least 16GB of ram for arma 3 any suggestions. Ohh what box should i get.

23 minutes ago, Russell* said:

Hello it's time to build price range is under 550.00 would like to get i-5 "Intel Core i5 9600K 6-Core 3.7GHz LGA1151 w/9MB cache CPU (BOX)" or something similar and i hear you need at least 16GB of ram for arma 3 any suggestions. Ohh what box should i get.

$550? u better be breaking open the piggy bank little boy. ive already spent over 1000 dollars in the past month on pc upgrades. still get 45 fps in kavala square.

Kev 23, Bandit and Russell* like this
9 hours ago, Russell* said:

lol i got 8gb of RAM and still run arma smoothly max 40fps cant complain .

Russell* likes this
Just now, Russell* said:

May i ask why and what stats do you conclude from this?

Intel has stronger single cores. Arma 3 is highly unoptimized. It typically will only use 2 cores. The AMD method for CPUs is to bombard you with cores. There are many cores but they just arn't as strong as Intel's. In games like Arma which relies on stronger cores over core count, AMD will always be lacking. So theoretically if Intel made a dual core processor with their cores being as fast as their quad core CPUs' cores it would be very good for Arma.

Just now, 王 rando 王 said:

Intel has stronger single cores. Arma 3 is highly unoptimized. It typically will only use 2 cores. The AMD method for CPUs is to bombard you with cores. There are many cores but they just arn't as strong as Intel's. In games like Arma which relies on stronger cores over core count, AMD will always be lacking. So theoretically if Intel made a dual core processor with their cores being as fast as their quad core CPUs' cores it would be very good for Arma.

That's deep mang thank you! does it matter what motherboard to get for amd? and should i get "larger fan" for the cpu?

18 hours ago, Nomadox said:

don’t go for the 9600k, the 8600k is faster gaming wise and is cheaper

Am i missing something when comparing the two? The 9600k is a newer model and has a slightly higher base clock. I see lots of people reporting OC speeds of 5ghz on it while i see 4.8ghz for the 8600k. But something is clearly off because the 9600k is $10 cheaper?

Russell* and 王 rando 王 like this
7 hours ago, 王 rando 王 said:

same. i think that may be setting me back from the 60 fps dream. i7-4790k and gtx 1080ti, still get 45 fps in kavala

4790k is holding you back the most, RAM second depending on speed and amt. I have a 4790k OC to 4.7 and it makes no difference.

The improved single core performance of the newer generations blows the 4790k out of the water when talking about arma

Patato and Russell* like this
5 minutes ago, explicit said:

4790k is holding you back the most, RAM second depending on speed and amt. I have a 4790k OC to 4.7 and it makes no difference.

The improved single core performance of the newer generations blows the 4790k out of the water when talking about arma

yah, i was gonna get i9-9900k cuz i can get around spending 530 dollars for a cpu, the issue would be having to get a new motherboard. so all together it would of run me about 680 dollars and i was like, nah.

4 hours ago, Russell* said:

That's deep mang thank you! does it matter what motherboard to get for amd? and should i get "larger fan" for the cpu?

Anything really works for AMD, just get the same generation of motherboard as your CPU. If you plan on overclocking, and AIO would work good but they can cost a bunch. 

Russell* likes this
3 hours ago, 王 rando 王 said:

@Elastic tell him what overclocking your 4790k did.

4 hours ago, explicit said:

I overclocked my 4790k to 4.8 ghz and it bumped my frames up by around 10-15 depending on where I am. I usually get around 65 fps in kavala and 90-110 outside of towns

Russell* likes this

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Bd2VP3 This is what I would build as it is one of the most cost effective builds as of right now. One of the reasons why I like AMD is that they come with pretty good stock coolers that don't look all that shit as well. Although, if you do want to go with AMD, you may want to wait AMD posts their keynote at CES as it is thought that they could be dropping Zen 2 chips which would be much better than their current line-up.

If you where to want to build a new system though and are willing use old drives if you have them, I'd not go with a new M.2 but get yourself a 2x8 as 16gbs is way better than 8gbs. 

3 hours ago, Twinkie said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Bd2VP3 This is what I would build as it is one of the most cost effective builds as of right now. One of the reasons why I like AMD is that they come with pretty good stock coolers that don't look all that shit as well. Although, if you do want to go with AMD, you may want to wait AMD posts their keynote at CES as it is thought that they could be dropping Zen 2 chips which would be much better than their current line-up.

If you where to want to build a new system though and are willing use old drives if you have them, I'd not go with a new M.2 but get yourself a 2x8 as 16gbs is way better than 8gbs. 

I have nvidia 1050 would this support this picker?

12 minutes ago, Russell* said:

I have nvidia 1050 would this support this picker?

Yes it would. I might ask, what makes you want to upgrade from your rig as of now if you have a 1050? Why not throw a better GPU or more memory in it or something? 

Edited by Twinkie
1 hour ago, Twinkie said:

Yes it would. I might ask, what makes you want to upgrade from your rig as of now if you have a 1050? Why not throw a better GPU or more memory in it or something? 

running aspire i3 from years ago 

Twinkie likes this