I have been working on a new search menu.  One of the main reasons is it is hella annoying when you search someone and some jack wagon speeds in Kavala replacing the search menu with that message or any other stupid ass message that pops up.  Now you no longer have to worry!!!  Also, when a person has a shit ton of stuff/licenses it will no longer take up the entire right side of your screen.

I am also working on the ability to seize individual items.

Features:

- Shows all licenses, illegal virtual items, and weapons/clothes/accessories the searched person has
  - Shows and seizes magazines inside a weapon
  - Shows the ammo inside a magazine
  - When a magazine is seized it now keeps the correct ammo when going into the vehicle
  - Shows all attachments to all weapons
  - Attempts to put items that aren't seized back in players inventory if player has space
  - Seize given number of selected physical items from a person including uniform and vest (if they are police) (and HOLY FUCK does BI make it  more complex than it needs to be to do that!!!!!)
  - If you seize uniform/vest and player doesn't have a backpack then give the player an assault pack and store uniform/vest items in it
  - Revoke individual licenses
  - Seize given number of selected virtual illegal item.

Version 1.0:
Additions:
  - Revoke individual licenses
  - Seize given number of selected illegal virtual item.
  - Shows value of illegal virtual items at the top of the menu

Spoiler

Version 0.75:
Additions:
  - Seize given number of selected physical items from a person including uniform and vest (if they are police) (and HOLY FUCK does BI make it  more complex than it needs to be to do that!!!!!)
  - If you seize uniform/vest then store uniform/vest items in backpack, but if the player doesn't have a backpack then give the player an assault pack and store uniform/vest items in it

Spoiler

Version 0.5:
Additions:
  - When a magazine is seized it now keeps the correct ammo when going into the vehicle
  - Attempts to put items that aren't seized back in players inventory if player has space

Spoiler

Initial Design:

Spoiler

Edited by Destrah

Updated

Changes:

Edited by Destrah

Version 0.75:
Changes:
  - Seize given number of individual physical items from a person including uniform and vest (if they are police) (and HOLY FUCK does BI make it  more complex than it needs to be to do that!!!!!)
  - If you seize uniform/vest then store uniform/vest items in backpack, but if the player doesn't have a backpack then give the player an assault pack and store uniform/vest items in it

Edited by Destrah

Patting someone down/counting the rounds in each mag/ext?

Would be good to add a progress bar for searching someone, rather than be instant or after a x second delay.

Should also inform the person that they are being searched and by who(to avoid cops being able to search someone w/o them knowing, as currently as long as they don't seize anything you can't tell which is really unrealistic and can be abused)

Edited by Travis.
1 hour ago, Travis. said:

Patting someone down/counting the rounds in each mag/ext?

Would be good to add a progress bar for searching someone, rather than be instant or after a x second delay.

Should also inform the person that they are being searched and by who(to avoid cops being able to search someone w/o them knowing, as currently as long as they don't seize anything you can't tell which is really unrealistic and can be abused)

Added that it notifies the person that they are being searched by whoever is searching them.  Don't really think a progress bar is necessary for searching.

BaDaBiNg_10-8 likes this
49 minutes ago, 王 rando 王 said:

what if you seize someones' clothes and it has all their mags in it?

6 hours ago, Destrah said:

Version 0.75:

Edited by Destrah
王 rando 王 likes this
Just now, Mason Statham said:

Is it possible for it to recognise po7 isn't illegal when u have a bounty hunter license?

It's not really determining between any physical items as being legal/illegal.  If the owners/devs want it to do that to prevent an APD member from breaking the APD guidelines then I can make it do that, but right now it gives the APD officer that choice if s/he wants to be corrupt and seize legal stuff too (more RP).  It notifies the person that is being searched if their stuff is seize so they can easily make a report.

Just now, Destrah said:

It's not really determining between any physical items as being legal/illegal.  If the owners/devs want it to do that to prevent an APD member from breaking the APD guidelines then I can make it do that, but right now it gives the APD officer that choice if s/he wants to be corrupt and seize legal stuff too (more RP).  It notifies the person that is being searched if their stuff is seize so they can easily make a report.

If you're doing it to impress or please the owners/devs you're going in the wrong direction. You should be looking to impress the community which will impress the owners/devs.

Just now, Mason Statham said:

If you're doing it to impress or please the owners/devs you're going in the wrong direction. You should be looking to impress the community which will impress the owners/devs.

??? What I put basically said I wasn't doing it to their direction or anyone's.  I was saying if they want it like how you want it then sure I'll do it that way, but right now I like it this way and don't feel the need to do all that extra code to prevent the P07 from being recognized as illegal.

Edited by Destrah
Masonn likes this

This is well needed for so many reasons, got multiple people at a fed and had to search a guy atleast 15 times cause every time I hit search someone would be charged with something and it would just get rid of the search menu so I was unable to see what he had for a good 10 mins.

Keep up the good work and hope it's implemented soon :D

Masonn likes this
Just now, Fluxah said:

This is well needed for so many reasons, got multiple people at a fed and had to search a guy atleast 15 times cause every time I hit search someone would be charged with something and it would just get rid of the search menu so I was unable to see what he had for a good 10 mins.

Keep up the good work and hope it's implemented soon :D

That's the main reason I decided to start doing this.  So annoying to have to search a shit ton of times.

Fluxah likes this
Just now, Destrah said:

??? What I put basically said I wasn't doing it to their direction or anyone's.  I was saying if they want it like how you want it then sure I'll do it that way, but right now I like it this way and don't feel the need to do all that extra code to prevent the P07 from being recognized as illegal.

Just the way you wrote it :)

• 9 months later...