Leady

Rule Clarification

66 posts in this topic

We want to make everyone aware of a couple changes/clarifications to server rules.

 

  • Exiting or driving any vehicle or helicopter, locked or unlocked, while downed or in restraints is not allowed.
  • Entering a player's house by any means other than thru an unlocked/open door is an exploit.

 

 

Thank you

- Asylum Admin Team

HomeUser, Tony., MASTA_B and 23 others like this

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

Just now, Smee said:

so getting downed in the pilot seat - do i remove my hands from the mouse and keyboard ??? and let everyone die ??:?

yea just press X and go into auto hover

Edited by eatmyass

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Smee said:

so getting downed in the pilot seat - do i remove my hands from the mouse and keyboard ??? and let everyone die ??:?

Being downed in a heli while flying is something we are being very lenient on as there are game mechanics/joysticks that will allow you to be just fine. The being downed part applies more to those in ground vehicles who, when downed, still have full control.

Bully likes this

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

Just now, Leady said:

Being downed in a heli while flying is something we are being very lenient on as there are game mechanics/joysticks that will allow you to be just fine. The being downed part applies more to those in ground vehicles who, when downed, still have full control.

What if my foot is stuck on the gas when I get downed 

Edited by TRYHARD

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, TRYHARD said:

What if my foot is stuck on the gas when I get downed 

That happens, Its quite different and easy to tell when someone is spinning in circles or going in a straight line and hitting everything in front of them to someone who has complete control.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Leady said:

Being downed in a heli while flying is something we are being very lenient on as there are game mechanics/joysticks that will allow you to be just fine. The being downed part applies more to those in ground vehicles who, when downed, still have full control.

The amount of times ive gotten downed and still been able to drive and fly is more than i could count on 10 pairs of hands. Unless theres something to fix this ingame bans are gonna happen for something out of peoples control.

 

thero and Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz like this

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Sean That Irish Guy said:

The amount of times ive gotten downed and still been able to drive and fly is more than i could count on 10 pairs of hands. Unless theres something to fix this ingame bans are gonna happen for something out of peoples control.

 

The being downed/driving part has been in the rules for sometime now. We added the restrained and helicopter part to address recent issues of people jumping out of unlocked helicopters and cars while restrained/downed.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, massi said:

for a second i thought you were going to make it a bannable offense to jump out of a moving vehicle while being chased397111202704130050.png?v=1

man would make chasing so much easier (:

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Leady said:

The being downed/driving part has been in the rules for sometime now. We added the restrained and helicopter part to address recent issues of people jumping out of unlocked helicopters and cars. 

So if i get downed and can still operate my heli im supposed to just crash it? Same with a car?

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Sean That Irish Guy said:

So if i get downed and can still operate my heli im supposed to just crash it? Same with a car?

See 

3 minutes ago, Leady said:

Being downed in a heli while flying is something we are being very lenient on as there are game mechanics/joysticks that will allow you to be just fine. The being downed part applies more to those in ground vehicles who, when downed, still have full control.

 

1 minute ago, Leady said:

That happens, Its quite different and easy to tell when someone is spinning in circles or going in a straight line and hitting everything in front of them to someone who has complete control.

 

Share this post


Link to post

If you get downed in a heli and can still control it, seems like just autohovering would be a fair play way to play it.

Also the last time I got downed in a car it held down W and I completely escaped the cops because of it. :pogchamp:

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, Leady said:

Being downed in a heli while flying is something we are being very lenient on as there are game mechanics/joysticks that will allow you to be just fine. The being downed part applies more to those in ground vehicles who, when downed, still have full control.

So is it exploiting to fly when you're downed or not? like it's either against the rules or it's not against the rules?

Bobby The Pilot likes this

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, Leady said:

 

  • Entering a player's house by any means other than thru an unlocked/open door is an exploit.

 

@Leady Does this mean you can no longer use flashbangs to break into people’s houses?

ron the player and Big Fred like this

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Reapered said:

@Leady Does this mean you can no longer use flashbangs to break into people’s houses?

This doesn't apply to destroying someones house (Flashbangs, Speedbomb, Sui vest)

Bobby The Pilot likes this

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Mason Statham said:

So is it exploiting to fly when you're downed or not? like it's either against the rules or it's not against the rules?

@Leady

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Mason Statham said:

So is it exploiting to fly when you're downed or not? like it's either against the rules or it's not against the rules?

See 

42 minutes ago, Leady said:

Being downed in a heli while flying is something we are being very lenient on as there are game mechanics/joysticks that will allow you to be just fine. The being downed part applies more to those in ground vehicles who, when downed, still have full control.

IE: If you are piloting an heli, get downed and maintain control you are fine. You are downed oustide a heli/car but become bugged where you have full control, get into a heli/car to escape that is an exploit.

Share this post


Link to post

Things like this need to be clarified because people will use it to their advantage Ex: hopping in and out if a bounty hunters car in restraints to stall for time until your friends get there.

Leady and Donald Clinton like this

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Leady said:

See 

IE: If you are piloting an heli, get downed and maintain control you are fine. You are downed oustide a heli/car but become bugged where you have full control, get into a heli/car to escape that is an exploit.

People seem to have problems understanding you eventhough you're speaking clearly so i'll help the ones out with a few lacking braincells.

THIS IS OK = Already in a vehicle and get downed and continue to control the vehicle

THIS IS NOT OK = Standing next to a vehicle > get downed > somehow still have full control of character (quick restrain/unrestrain) > jump into vehicle and take off eventhough you're supposed to be downed, aka knocked the fuck out.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Midamaru said:

People seem to have problems understanding you eventhough you're speaking clearly so i'll help the ones out with a few lacking braincells.

THIS IS OK = Already in a vehicle and get downed and continue to control the vehicle

THIS IS NOT OK = Standing next to a vehicle > get downed > somehow still have full control of character (quick restrain/unrestrain) > jump into vehicle and take off eventhough you're supposed to be downed, aka knocked the fuck out.

+1

 

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Blake.Theyseemerollin said:

Things like this need to be clarified because people will use it to their advantage Ex: hopping in and out if a bounty hunters car in restraints to stall for time until your friends get there.

Could just add a script to keep people from getting out of vehicles while in restraints. 

@Pizza Man

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Leady said:

Being downed in a heli while flying is something we are being very lenient on as there are game mechanics/joysticks that will allow you to be just fine. The being downed part applies more to those in ground vehicles who, when downed, still have full control.

just the way the wording is :)

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, TRYHARD said:

Could just add a script to keep people from getting out of vehicles while in restraints. 

@Pizza Man

Until the script is in place the rules will be there to stop it

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, Leady said:

See 

IE: If you are piloting an heli, get downed and maintain control you are fine. You are downed oustide a heli/car but become bugged where you have full control, get into a heli/car to escape that is an exploit.

So say i'm spooling my heli get shot out by a bounty hunter or cop but find myself able to fly completely fine. Am i fine to lift up and fly off?

Share this post


Link to post

The more people question the helicopter thing the more complicated it gets. Its so simple lets keep it that way

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Leady said:

Entering a player's house by any means other than thru an unlocked/open door is an exploit.

So are we allowed to blow up player's houses or nah?

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, Google™ said:

So are we allowed to blow up player's houses or nah?

Are you joking?

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, Google™ said:

So are we allowed to blow up player's houses or nah?

 

3 hours ago, Leady said:

This doesn't apply to destroying someones house (Flashbangs, Speedbomb, Sui vest)

 

Google™ and Araciea like this

Share this post


Link to post

Would entering a second floor balcony count as and exploit? People, especially APD, love to exploit the games physics engine and "hop" onto balconies. If players access the second floor balcony in any other way than through the locked door, I think it should be seen as exploiting. 

 

@Hoodlum Priest has especially fallen victim to this in his Athira DMV house next to the Gen. store. Cops just "vault" from the General Store 2nd floor to his balcony. 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.