Can we do something with Oil Cartel??

So... since the change of cartels generating money directly to gang bank, oil cartel has basically been ignored by anyone that knows better.

The only thing ANYONE wants from Oil Cartel is Rubber.  

So... I’m thinking we have 2 options.  1. Delete Oil Cartel or 2. Have it generate rubber again.

The only other option to generate rubber is to do runs from the oil rig, and half the time, the Cartel is there, making the job riskier than it need be.

@Mitch (IFRIT) @Leady

50 minutes ago, TRYHARD said:

Why release a change and hope the community likes it? That’s how we got garbage like the salt flats prison and rotating drug fields. 

In depth finalised details are for the patch notes, basic changes will be posted in discussion with everyone else for feedback. If there are any questions after something is revealed, feel free to ask. I will take a look at my previous posts and elaborate.

19 hours ago, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

In depth finalised details are for the patch notes, basic changes will be posted in discussion with everyone else for feedback. If there are any questions after something is revealed, feel free to ask. I will take a look at my previous posts and elaborate.

Make it so there’s a rubber tree and we need to chop it down or some shit

I used to make oil runs an rubber runs as a "chill" or calmer way to run an make money if i got burnt from doing meth..If done right it can be a pretty penny at the end of a reset.This was before they nerf'd the price in half,didnt make much sense since they added the land version an added an extra step with a certain truck you need to do it and get less money with more time spent.

I kinda get what they were going for but the nerf price kinda made it little to pointless unless it was for crafting.

There should be a great way to make money Legit an non legit..Meth ofc is the best way to make money,but shouldnt be the only "best" way to make money,oil used to rival coke in terms of risk reward.

2 hours ago, JillaTijd said:

I mean, not just oil. 

No one is capping Wong either because no one is going to be dumb enough to sell a load of scotch without the cartel. It's simply useless.

Same goes more or less for the drug cartel, big gangs probably aren't going to do runs if they don't have the cartel, thus it's really not earning you that much.

We've held both Arms + Drug for a couple hours yesterday to see how much it would net us (on S1), and it totalled at roughly 40k. We've held both of them for multiple hours.

I understand that the intention of the cartels might not be to be profitable, but some substantial reward would go a long way to get more people to fight for them.

Maybe add back how dirty money used to automatically fill up to a 100k, even when no one was doing drugs/w/e (the 998 increments or whatever they were), to make cartels a bit more profitable and viable to cap.

i sell scotch either way... and i don't run meth, so drug cartel means nothing to me.  but i see where you're coming from, Drug and Wongs used to net almost  100k/hr before the dirty money change.

JillaTijd likes this