Custom Keybind for Seatbelts

Add a custom user action to bind for putting on seatbelt. Simple QoL change that just makes it easier to deal with than the scrollwheel selected option.

fn_setupActions.sqf (current; line #459)

life_actions pushBack (player addAction ["<t color='#BBBB00'>Put Seatbelt On</t>", {life_seatbelt=true; playSound "seatbelt"}, "", 0, false, true, "", 'vehicle player isKindOf "Car" && !life_seatbelt']);

fn_setupActions.sqf (proposed; line #459)

life_actions pushBack (player addAction ["<t color='#BBBB00'>Put Seatbelt On</t>", {life_seatbelt=true; playSound "seatbelt"}, "", 0, false, true, "User20", 'vehicle player isKindOf "Car" && !life_seatbelt']);

Here's the syntax for addAction and the usage description for the shortcut parameter that has been changed:

object addAction [title, script, arguments, priority, showWindow, hideOnUse, shortcut, condition, radius, unconscious, selection, memoryPoint]

String - (Optional, default "") one of the key names defined in bin.pbo (e.g. "moveForward"). Adding available shortcut will bind corresponding keyboard key to this action. Shortcut availability can be tested with inputAction command.

I'm not currently in game, so I don't know what all custom user key numbers are still unused, but the proposed example uses "User20". Obviously, that can be changed to some other number that's not currently in use.

Just now, Feenix said:

Or just get rid of seatbelts.

Well, it at least serves the purpose of mitigating the damage you take from dumb shit like bushes, so as long as it's a thing I'd like to see a keybind added so I don't have to fumble with the already overpopulated scrollwheel menu. Those who wanna use it can; if you don't mind the scrollwheel then you don't have to bind anything new.

3 hours ago, Distilled said:

Well, it at least serves the purpose of mitigating the damage you take from dumb shit like bushes, so as long as it's a thing I'd like to see a keybind added so I don't have to fumble with the already overpopulated scrollwheel menu. Those who wanna use it can; if you don't mind the scrollwheel then you don't have to bind anything new.

Or they can just make it the way it used to be and "seatbelts" were automatically on when you entered a vehicle...