Random Server Events

I just thinking and thought of how cool it would be if they added some sort of random side event, like a crate drop mission or some sort of mission that would pitch the apd/bounter hunters/rebels against each other to complete. This could be unbalanced with big gangs taking it, but this could be counteracted by applying the turf cap rules to the events. (5 gang members allowed in the radius)

I think this could be another simple feature that could give everyone something else to do besides just mindlessly doing the same loop over and over again.

FudgeR likes this
Just now, Twinkie said:

DayZesk missions in Asylum but without the AI?

could be sorta, they would need to be balance in some way to not allow people to abuse them and easily win them. Maybe only allowing them to begin once a certain amount of people are within the radius zone or incentivising cops in some way so they actually want to fight and fight hard for them. Could also have the payouts be in  special gang talents/ cop talents/ bh talents. Things that you could only get from doing this missions.

Just now, Elaiscancer said:

They probably will once the servers are more stable.  They use to be semi-common back in the day.  I miss purge events :(

Those events were started by admins, im talking about a fully random automated system. So theres always something extra to do besides bank, fed, prison and cartels. Maybe they could start once a player count has been reached.

Sheriff Rick likes this
Just now, Gяavlツ said:

I miss the toilet events. I remember one popped, and i only had a meth house on dp14 / dp 15 and i got hella guns from the event so i drove all the way across the map with a hatchback full of guns. good times

good old scrubbing toilets in the hopes you would get a mk18 and not a zuber. haha

GravL likes this
Just now, Silver-Spy said:

Please contact Event Coordinator @Ba-KA

I doubt its going to be a thing because its already a big headache to host an event as an admin.Events are always fun with an admin supervising it but many admins try to avoid the headache.

i dont mean an event that relies on a person, Thats kinda lame. Why not implement a system that is automatic so no admin input is required?

Silver-Spy likes this

Events like on Wasteland would be pretty cool. Haven’t played wasteland in like a year or two, but if I remember correctly, there would be random events where it would say “A convoy has been marked on your map. Destroy it and earn you and your squad money.” That would be pretty cool on Asylum, just instead of destroying it either Cops take it back to HQ where they get the option to seize it, or rebels / civs take it to chop shop to chop it. The vehicle (or vehicles) that you take probably shouldn’t be anything special like an ifrit or .50 cal, it could just be maybe a HEMTT or an off-road with a special skin so people know it’s the event car. Some vehicle that wouldn’t be too easy to take and run from people in. Not sure how easy that would be, but i think it would be a pretty good beginner event into this random open world event thing. 

19 hours ago, Boomerman said:

I just thinking and thought of how cool it would be if they added some sort of random side event, like a crate drop mission or some sort of mission that would pitch the apd/bounter hunters/rebels against each other to complete. This could be unbalanced with big gangs taking it, but this could be counteracted by applying the turf cap rules to the events. (5 gang members allowed in the radius)

I think this could be another simple feature that could give everyone something else to do besides just mindlessly doing the same loop over and over again.

Ok Ok Even coordinator is here

One of the biggest problems would be adding the scripts needed to make these run. Unlike admin events if something does go wrong someone is there to fix the issues that come with events (apart from @Deazy Johnson the man needs his hand held 24/7). 

Second yes as you said balancing. Balancing out events is a huge bitch. Example of this would be the Hunger games event @Deazy Johnson and I use from time to time. putting the right amount of crates/gear for a event that wont effect anything after a event is the worst part about them. Little timmy does a" airdrop" event gets to the crate finds 3 suicide vests and finds out oh shit arma crates are garbage and it dupes the gear inside if pulled to fast or drag and dropped out.Unless there is a way to track spawned in crates this will be a huge problem. Also for events that cops will be able to do is not as simple as a basic civ event people on cop have restrictions on what they can use.

Big thing is the reward for after events. People bitch and complain about rewards for after events all the time so if you have randomly generated events with set rewards some will have better rewards than others which people will complain about. Well there is ways to hand out rewards for non admin events but regulating such rewards is uhh complicated. one way would be just put shit in vehicles like drugs or weapons. Drugs would be the easiest way to do so but need to factor in cops over running it and seizing like $500k worth of drugs ( which isn't a big problem but cops can easily overrun events via constantly rushing down lives with free gear". Weapons would be a big no go unless you put in garbage stuff like pistols/SMGs (but who wants that garbage). When using weapons as a reward the average player needs a use for these weapons like if i put 7.62 in a vehicle some wont have talents to use the weapons or houses to store them in so they just did a event for nothing.

none admin events would be great BUT there is so much needed to make them work that people dont see and with current server problems it will just fuck more stuff up. Maybe later when servers dont crash every hour something will be added

Also let me do events @Clint Beastwood and @BaDaBiNg_10-8 Thanks : )

p.s. 

English no good typing hard sentence structure makes me head hurt sorry

Edited by Ba-KA
Deazy Johnson likes this