The Reason We Play Asylum

Flax

Do you guys actually know why we play Asylum? If ego's and reputations didn't exist we wouldn't play. Most gangs now are real gangs. Just a group of people trying to stand out and get into T1 gangs. Gang life is literally all about fighting now. Buy a loadout and die. Loadouts used to be used for way more than a fight. We used them to rob people doing runs; Or driving around and getting into trouble and actually interacting with others. Gangs used to be like a virtual family. You would develop relationships with your gang mates and update them on irl shit. Honestly, why do we play this game? Some play for 8+ hours a day just to play it. They aren't making any money. I believe the reason people still play this game is because Asylum is a great community. People's opinions affect the way you play. If no one had an opinion about how good or bad you were, you wouldn't play the game as much. It's the people who keep this community alive, not the game.

Edited by Noobious
17 minutes ago, Noobious said:

Do you guys actually know why we play Asylum? If ego's and reputations didn't exist we wouldn't play. Most gangs now are real gangs. Just a group of people trying to stand out and get into T1 gangs. Gang life is literally all about fighting now. Buy a loadout and die. Loadouts used to be used for way more than a fight. We used them to rob people doing runs; Or driving around and getting into trouble and actually interacting with others. Gangs used to be like a virtual family. You would develop relationships with your gang mates and update them on irl shit. Honestly, why do we play this game? Some play for 8+ hours a day just to play it. They aren't making any money. I believe the reason people still play this game is because Asylum is a great community. People's opinions affect the way you play. If no one had an opinion about how good or bad you were, you wouldn't play the game as much. It's the people who keep this community alive, not the game. So why don't we all just buy Identity and give it a try :shrug:

I was with you until the last sentence. 

Xavorey, Calle., Twinkie and 32 others like this

Asylum is addictive because there is non stop ungoing interaction with other people. Good risk vs reward systems, an economy which requires you to actually grind if you want things as houses, ifrits, full rebel loadouts through a legitimatr way. A active community where your reputation lasts. In most games you often don't fight the same enemies twice. Here its like most know eachother. If you love this type of gameplay you stick with asylum till its closed. Fuck identity and its owner. 

Asylum has always meant more to me than any other game. This is where I met Drunk Squad and ever since it has been the best 6,249 hours of my life. Not only have we made some of the best memories in game but we became so close that I have met several DS members in real life. I have flown out to watch one graduate basic training. We have had DS members fly out to visit me. I took a road trip with a few DS members and went to a few states. I am planning to fly out sometime next year to watch a DS member get married. To me Asylum has always meant more than just cartel fights. Some of us have grown so close in DS that if something bad were to ever happen (God forbid) we would be on a flight within the hour to go see whoever it was. I will always be a part of this community and I hope that maybe someone else can get the same experiences I have had from this community. 

1 minute ago, Azeh said:

Gangs wouldn't "just be gangs" if they didn't disband every other week. While I can't speak gangs other than Envy - I think any long-time gang feels the same way too. Gangs that have stuck together for years are more than just an Asylum gang. You said gangs used to be like a virtual family, but I think the vast majority of my gang if not everyone would agree when I say we are like a virtual family. We talk to each other about anything, both game related and non-game related. Even if we don't have a game to play, those who are around will usually just sit in TS and talk about anything.

If I want to play something that isn't Asylum, my gang members are usually the first people I'll ask to play. LoL, CS:GO, DayZ, Exile, Siege, Rust, Golf With Your Friends, whatever the game or server may be. We'll play something for as long as it's fun, then stop playing and either come back to it at a later time or never play it again. However, Asylum is just one of those things you keep coming back to despite the many complaints that can be made about both ARMA and Asylum. The game might be terrible at times and Asylum definitely has its issues too, but the experience you have on Asylum can't be replicated on any other game. The community has certainly played a very major part in making Asylum what it is, but the gameplay it offers is what allowed the community to be molded into what we all think is so great. Not many games let you play with groups of 10, 20 or even 30+ people.

giphy.gif

3 years & 8 months with practically the same roster, my boys were with me catchin a case the other night.

explicit, Squirtle, Don and 3 others like this

To add onto everything in this post, people are more interested in purchasing money than actually running meth and grinding for cash.

Granted, a decent chunk of people don't want to run it due to server issues, but other than that, it feels like people in most gangs want to log on, fight, then log off. My favourite time to play is currently around 2am my time when the Synergy old guard log on and we all do random shit like fight cops, take over HQs, and rebel patrol. It's a lot of fun and I always find myself struggling to log off for bed because i've been waiting for it all day.

Maybe things will change if the servers are fully stable again.

Google™, Flax, Spek and 2 others like this

Asylum is fun to me because of how dynamic and persistent it all is.  I've never been a huge fan of cartels as I think the gameplay of it is very repetitive and kind of just wannabe esports for a lot of people.  But I agree the community is what makes it all fun and I've made some really great friends on here who I pretty much talk to everyday almost.

Google™ and BaDaBiNg_10-8 like this

The reason Asylum is still played is because Triple-A companies can’t seem to put their brains together in order to release an actual good game. Your friends have nothing to do and you still want to play games with your friends and Asylum is still kicking so why not just hop on for a few fights until you decide to get bored and you go try to play CSGO, Runescape, League of Legends, and Overwatch with your friends until that gets boring then you all hop back on Asylum. rinse and repeat.

also plz take off my mod que this is aids 

Edited by Reapered
bum41 likes this
5 hours ago, Noobious said:

Do you guys actually know why we play Asylum? If ego's and reputations didn't exist we wouldn't play. Most gangs now are real gangs. Just a group of people trying to stand out and get into T1 gangs. Gang life is literally all about fighting now. Buy a loadout and die. Loadouts used to be used for way more than a fight. We used them to rob people doing runs; Or driving around and getting into trouble and actually interacting with others. Gangs used to be like a virtual family. You would develop relationships with your gang mates and update them on irl shit. Honestly, why do we play this game? Some play for 8+ hours a day just to play it. They aren't making any money. I believe the reason people still play this game is because Asylum is a great community. People's opinions affect the way you play. If no one had an opinion about how good or bad you were, you wouldn't play the game as much. It's the people who keep this community alive, not the game. So why don't we all just buy Identity and give it a try :shrug:

The old days where gangs used to control their own servers was the best, Server 1 was Innovative, S2 was FSA, S3 was Bad Blood, S4 was Regiment, every server had their main gang that controlled that server for the majority of the day, I know in Regiment people would pay us for protection on their drug runs, if cops came to coke field, they would text us and an orca full of us would hot drop on the cops, break them out of their cuffs and let them go etc, there was always a lot more to do and the game was definitely more enjoyable, unfortunately most of those gangs disbanded and players quit the server, then gangs would switch servers and do 20 vs 20 cartel fights on another gangs home turf and all have fun, gf's at the end, I don't see that coming back though, it's too far gone from that to go back now.

And to the last part, no.

Midamaru and Flax like this
48 minutes ago, Reapered said:

The reason Asylum is still played is because Triple-A companies can’t seem to put their brains together in order to release an actual good game. Your friends have nothing to do and you still want to play games with your friends and Asylum is still kicking so why not just hop on for a few fights until you decide to get bored and you go try to play CSGO, Runescape, League of Legends, and Overwatch with your friends until that gets boring then you all hop back on Asylum. rinse and repeat.

also plz take off my mod que this is aids 

I somewhat agree.  Not a lot of good games have came out and games as a service makes games fucking boring and grindy.  Also no Triple A Company seem to want to make a Altis Life type game and something that was as terrible as Identity certainly doesn't help with genre just like all the terrible survival games that were early access.  But as a whole I think Asylum is just really fun and there's always something worthwhile doing

Midamaru likes this
42 minutes ago, Fluxah said:

The old days where gangs used to control their own servers was the best, Server 1 was Innovative, S2 was FSA, S3 was Bad Blood, S4 was Regiment, every server had their main gang that controlled that server for the majority of the day, I know in Regiment people would pay us for protection on their drug runs, if cops came to coke field, they would text us and an orca full of us would hot drop on the cops, break them out of their cuffs and let them go etc, there was always a lot more to do and the game was definitely more enjoyable, unfortunately most of those gangs disbanded and players quit the server, then gangs would switch servers and do 20 vs 20 cartel fights on another gangs home turf and all have fun, gf's at the end, I don't see that coming back though, it's too far gone from that to go back now.

And to the last part, no.

If you're throwing down S4 as "Regiment" with S1 as "Innovative" during that time of Asylum, you have to remember where Regiment got it's roots................*Brotherhood*

Midamaru, bum41 and Brutus like this

I only kept playing cause I enjoyed being a cancer cell and leeching off others money tbh, I also enjoy the casual racism you can occasionally hear in gang teamspeaks. I also wouldn't have met some of the people I know now @skrood` cause he's the strangest mf I know. I also met this fuckin legend @Revenant through just general sidechat toxicity, and I've got the boys of the past who don't even play but I've created some great memories with @X Jake @SafeMode

Also @Walt the best Co-Pilot to smack people around with Jeep Guild tags 

Edited by Hi Am Vedalkenn
gg jeep guild
skrood, Walt, SafeMode and 1 other like this
4 hours ago, BaDaBiNg_10-8 said:

If you're throwing down S4 as "Regiment" with S1 as "Innovative" during that time of Asylum, you have to remember where Regiment got it's roots................*Brotherhood*

most definitely, I played with Brotherhood a bit originally, still miss playing Insurgency with DK and a few others, then the AMW merge made S1 aids as hell for a while lol

Edited by Fluxah
  • 2 months later...
On 1/17/2019 at 8:40 PM, Fluxah said:

I know in Regiment people would pay us for protection on their drug runs, if cops came to coke field, they would text us and an orca full of us would hot drop on the cops, break them out of their cuffs and let them go etc

They didnt always pay us, idk why ;D

Edited by axuz
Big Fred and Fluxah like this