VorpX and Asylum

Guest Doomba

Probably more of a dev question but I didn't see a category this question would fit in. There's a 3d driver for my VR headset that lets me play Arma 3 in VR that allegedly IS whitelisted with battleye. I wanna use it for M A X I M U M  I M M E R S I O N (read: motion sickness and not being able to hit the broad side of a barn door but funny yt "content"). Before I even bother picking this software up I wanted to make sure there's no existing policy in place about using this on Asylum servers.

So tl;dr if I fire up VorpX for some Arma 3 and vomit, would I get the hammer from Asylum assuming I don't get it from battleye?

https://www.vorpx.com/

Arma 3 is an officially supported game for this driver is why I'm asking. They seem to have Bohemia's blessing and a lot of the flight oriented servers I play in people use it.

Just now, Elaiscancer said:

Can I play Arma 3 with my VR headset and controllers?  If so i'm getting this shit.

As far as I'm aware it doesn't support the controllers. So it's sit down only. Lucky for you bastards, because I'm a competition shooter IRL and I've found it translates nicely into Onward and Pavlov lmao

Just now, Doomba said:

As far as I'm aware it doesn't support the controllers. So it's sit down only. Lucky for you bastards, because I'm a competition shooter IRL and I've found it translates nicely into Onward and Pavlov lmao

Damn.  It would still be cool but if it was compatible with the VR controllers then that would be a shit load of fun.  But I wish they enabled something like that for VR users.  Trolling in Kavala would be immersive as fuck

Just now, Elaiscancer said:

Damn.  It would still be cool but if it was compatible with the VR controllers then that would be a shit load of fun.  But I wish they enabled something like that for VR users.  Trolling in Kavala would be immersive as fuck

Once I get this all sorted and tested I plan on doing exactly that. I'll post vids to forums and a setup guide if it's not as easy as they advertise.

Edited by Doomba

When I make the yt channel it I'll link it. All I have is one I use to upload promos for work. Good news is turns out I bought VorpX a year ago and totally forgot about it so It's installed. Just gotta set up the rift

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah battleye doesn't like the way vorpx injects the driver at all. It's a no go sadly. Working on a SBS shader for Arma that might work well enough since arma already has independent head movement etc

On 2019-02-07 at 9:42 PM, Doomba said:

Yeah battleye doesn't like the way vorpx injects the driver at all. It's a no go sadly. Working on a SBS shader for Arma that might work well enough since arma already has independent head movement etc

Aimlocks and ESP is fine, but a virtual reality drive is a no-go... Thanks Bohemia.  :fail:

Rahim and Sheriff Rick like this