Automatic AFK lobby kicks

Kick people who are AFK in lobby using server slots  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Kick AFK people in lobby ???

Just now, Smee said:

Simple as servers 1 and 2 are full and when a server crashes people want to mass switch, so could we have an auto kicker for people who are lobby for more than 1 minute.

Problem here is that when someone is downloading the mission files it will show as afk. If we did this. It would need to be a little bit longer to allow for the various download speeds people have. I'll look into it 

Just now, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

Problem here is that when someone is downloading the mission files it will show as afk. If we did this. It would need to be a little bit longer to allow for the various download speeds people have. I'll look into it 

5 min lobby kick makes sense.  Host the mission file where they can download it out of game in the case of someone with a super low download speed or whos downloads bug out on asylum like me!

6 hours ago, Smee said:

5 mins ^ seems fair

6 hours ago, danile666 said:

5 min lobby kick makes sense.

2 hours ago, dennozZ said:

10 minutes more reasonable. 10 minutos you know someone is really AFK.

I'd say 10 minutes is good. Sometimes, if you're like me, you just have to soft log so you can go drop some logs and it usually takes more than 5 but less than 10

13 hours ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

Anyway to set it so it only kicks people when the server is full tho?

So I spoke with the developer of our rcon that we use. Currently there is no way for us to kick afk lobby.. however, it's on their to do list. Admins can see who is in lobby and can kick, but we cant see how long they have been in there. When I get the word that it's been implemented by the developer, I will enable the system here in some fashion.

Russell* likes this