Change Log 8.3.0

7 hours ago, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

First off, we appreciate your cooperation and support as we work on server performance. While we do so, here are some small additions and changes that have been asked for by the community, we do listen to your voices :). Once we get the performance to an acceptable level, we will begin adding the new content we’ve been working on for all players to experience. We'd also like to welcome back @Bikstok as contributor and look forward to our development team pushing out great changes in the future!

• Added the ability to claim vehicles at Chop Shop. Needed for so long, great addition.
  • Added 2 additional Rebel outposts. Dont see the need for the rebel above kavala or arms rebel but to each his own.
  • Reworked the prison, designed by @JbdragonLove the new design. 
    • Second bridge removed from the prison
    • A second bridge will be added soon. The dynamic map system Poseidon implemented needs to be reworked or adjusted to accept objects "snapped to surface" or with pitch and yaw settings for the new Eden Editor.
    • There is a laptop in the prison that you need to upload the virus to in order to infect the security system.
    • The timer is now handled server side, so the player who starts it can lose connection, get killed, leave the server, etc and the prison break will continue.
    • The APD will need to stop the prison break if possible by restoring the system at the laptop in the prison.
    • When the map marker returns to blue, prisoners can no longer escape.
  • Increased price of the Qilin to 50k. Honestly think they shouldnt have been removed but we will see where this goes.
  • Increased price of the Prowler to 45k. Im guessing these would be use also if quilins where removed so 
  • Removed side doors on Qilins/Prowlers. ..
  • Increased the price of the APD Prowler to 25k. Dont see a need for the increase.
  • Added ability to add additional smokes to Ifrits and Striders using the vehicle ammo item. Yes.
  • Added vehicle ammo item to Cop shop. Yes
  • Added the Raven vest to Rebel outpost, Skip Tracer and UC. Yes
  • Added rear/side seats to the DLC cargo van.
  • Increased price of the Suicide Vest to 80k. Where they being abused enough to have a price increase?
  • Increased price of the RPG round to 50k. ^^
  • Increased revive payout to $3500. Not bad
  • Added MX SW to CPT+. Can Civs use them if they get their hands on them? @Clint Beastwood @BaDaBiNg_10-8
  • Added MX GL (Smoke rounds only) to SGT+. Can Civs use them if they get their hands on them? @Clint Beastwood @BaDaBiNg_10-8
  • Added SWAT uniform to LT+. Can Civs use them if they get their hands on them? @Clint Beastwood @BaDaBiNg_10-8
  • Added Brown NVGs to UC. No harm
  • Removed Gendarmerie uniform from APD. Can Civs use them if they get their hands on them or alreayd have them in houses?? @Clint Beastwood @BaDaBiNg_10-8
  • Removed killer shelves from Kavala.
  • Players can no longer sync their location while within 200m of any cartel. Nice
  • Tweaked downing script. About time.
  • Tweaked vehicles to be more resilient to non projectile damage. Great
  • Removed the seat belt option and made vehicles significantly safer. Great
  • Fixed a bug with red names and vehicles.
  • Fixed an exploit with RPGs.
  • Fixed APD talent for Hellcat.
  • Fixed an exploit with syncing.
  • Added an auto-locking method on the servers when FPS gets low on the server
    • It will auto-unlock if the FPS recovers, we hope this will aide in having less crashes

IMPORTANT NOTE: Some buildings (like the deer stands at the prison) will be created local to the client and not on the server. Meaning if you close the hatches on the deer stands others will see them open. So don't use them for cover. If you're unsure of if the building is client-sided or server-sided have a friend look at the building while you open/close windows. If they don't move for your friend, don't hide behind them and expect not to die... This will be adjusted when the map system is changed in the near future to accept pitch and yaw.

HOTFIX:

• Donor Rebel outpost has been added back to its original location. Now you have (6) rebels to gear up at. If you get camped, fill out a "hurt feelings" report.

Great patch to start off the new owner ship. @Clint Beastwood @BaDaBiNg_10-8 

Edited by Sean That Irish Guy

@everyone

Just so we’re clear, Mason and I are STILL gonna buy RPGs and take out your Orcas, Ifrits, Hemmts, plus whatever the hell else we feel like blowing up.

15k increase ain’t shit, You’re not safe, we WILL sniff you out.

Your crying won’t save you.

PS... we MAY have a few members training in the editor to take out your orcas on bank roof from max distance (aprox. 900m)

good luck, and god speed 

love,

cHIP oTLE

1 hour ago, Steve said:

The suicide vest price increase is in my opinion debatable as to whether or not it was needed, however the rpg price increase definitely was. If anything the RPG rockets should cost more then a vest because it is essentially a suicide vest that you can shoot. I've always felt like an RPG rocket has a hell of a lot more utility then a vest ever would but maybe that is just me.

I just find that an RPG is easy to miss at range and will either disable a vehicle, or destroy it if you're lucky. It's not effective against people, or multiple vehicles like a suicide vest. Suicide vests have always been 50k and no one has complained about that, so I don't know why they had a price increase. I'd rather have the RPG removed and vests back to their original price.

DosWolf likes this

I am sorry but maybe the change to donor rebel is going way too far. It didn’t need to be changed, and we didn’t need to put a rebel on Arms Island. The kids who cry about rebel being camped are too lazy to spawn athira or pygros and go to the other rebels... 

If you wanted to move Kavala Rebel, you could have placed it maybe north of Therisa right in between Drug and Arms so they are equal distance. But to place it on Arms, that seems whack to me. 

#giveusOGdonorback

@Clint Beastwood rather than add a second bridge like I’ve been hearing people say, what about a double-wide single bridge? Maybe add like 2-3 concrete road blocks for cover on the very edge of it, make cops use armor? I’d much rather see a double-wide than a second bridge

(It may be that way I don’t actually know as I won’t be on to see the changed until tomorrow)

8 hours ago, Clint Beastwood said:

Yes.  Except for cop vehicles, obviously.  

Each vehicle will cost a fraction of what a new one would cost...  There is also a talent that makes THAT cheaper. :)

@Boris

whats your reasoning behind not being able to not claim cop vehicles. i believe that it would be fair if it was just hunters and striders since you nerfed qilins into the ground so you basically have to pull an ifrit to push

hello, not able to log in as medic or uc slot for p3 as far as i know we could yesterday and last week not sure if it has changed. And one cadet this morning said he was not able to get on due to he was not whitelisted. @Gen. Henry Arnold