Change Log 8.3.0

9 minutes ago, Steve said:

Bounty hunters we're initially designed for newer players to jump into combat and make money in a legal way. To add to that bounty hunters don't have to follow nearly every rule the cops have to besides initiaying. They don't have to read charges, listen to a story or give you a ticket. On quite the contrary they from what cops can do, bounty hunters can strip your gear keep for them selves and arrest you or just kill you if they feel like it. Think about the amount of freedom bounty hunters have comparatively to cops when you compare them to rebels. They are the only other faction (subfaction really) that can take up to 45 minutes of your time besides cops, whom are as I said strapped down by rules and regulations.

I'm not talking about freedoms and what not, I'm talking about the assets bounty hunters can have is far less superior to every other faction. If you really want to talk about the 'freedom' bounty hunters have, you can only get up to four bounties out of the 85 total players on the server. Chances are you will come across wanted players and can't do anything to them, unlike cops. So yes, my position stands - Inferior to cops, Inferior to rebels.

11 minutes ago, justi said:

I'm not talking about freedoms and what not, I'm talking about the assets bounty hunters can have is far less superior to every other faction. If you really want to talk about the 'freedom' bounty hunters have, you can only get up to four bounties out of the 85 total players on the server. Chances are you will come across wanted players and can't do anything to them, unlike cops. So yes, my position stands - Inferior to cops, Inferior to rebels.

Combat wise bounty hunters are fine lol.  Pilot coveralls, tac vest and an MX does a lot of damage.  I wish we could drop bounties by simply relogging.  That was seriously the dumbest change and shut out a lot of newer/less experienced bounty hunters who had no chance of going after someone in a big gang

Edited by Elaiscancer
Daryl Dixon and Virrx like this
17 hours ago, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

First off, we appreciate your cooperation and support as we work on server performance. While we do so, here are some small additions and changes that have been asked for by the community, we do listen to your voices :). Once we get the performance to an acceptable level, we will begin adding the new content we’ve been working on for all players to experience. We'd also like to welcome back @Bikstok as contributor and look forward to our development team pushing out great changes in the future!

• Added the ability to claim vehicles at Chop Shop.
  • Added 2 additional Rebel outposts.
  • Reworked the prison, designed by @Jbdragon!
    • Second bridge removed from the prison
    • A second bridge will be added soon. The dynamic map system Poseidon implemented needs to be reworked or adjusted to accept objects "snapped to surface" or with pitch and yaw settings for the new Eden Editor.
    • There is a laptop in the prison that you need to upload the virus to in order to infect the security system.
    • The timer is now handled server side, so the player who starts it can lose connection, get killed, leave the server, etc and the prison break will continue.
    • The APD will need to stop the prison break if possible by restoring the system at the laptop in the prison.
    • When the map marker returns to blue, prisoners can no longer escape.
  • Increased price of the Qilin to 50k.
  • Increased price of the Prowler to 45k.
  • Removed side doors on Qilins/Prowlers.
  • Increased the price of the APD Prowler to 25k.
  • Added ability to add additional smokes to Ifrits and Striders using the vehicle ammo item.
  • Added vehicle ammo item to Cop shop.
  • Added the Raven vest to Rebel outpost, Skip Tracer and UC.
  • Added rear/side seats to the DLC cargo van.
  • Increased price of the Suicide Vest to 80k.
  • Increased price of the RPG round to 50k.
  • Increased revive payout to $3500.
  • Added MX SW to CPT+.
  • Added MX GL (Smoke rounds only) to SGT+.
  • Added SWAT uniform to LT+.
  • Added Brown NVGs to UC.
  • Removed Gendarmerie uniform from APD.
  • Removed killer shelves from Kavala.
  • Players can no longer sync their location while within 200m of any cartel.
  • Tweaked downing script.
  • Tweaked vehicles to be more resilient to non projectile damage.
  • Removed the seat belt option and made vehicles significantly safer.
  • Fixed a bug with red names and vehicles.
  • Fixed an exploit with RPGs.
  • Fixed APD talent for Hellcat.
  • Fixed an exploit with syncing.
  • Added an auto-locking method on the servers when FPS gets low on the server
    • It will auto-unlock if the FPS recovers, we hope this will aide in having less crashes

IMPORTANT NOTE: Some buildings (like the deer stands at the prison) will be created local to the client and not on the server. Meaning if you close the hatches on the deer stands others will see them open. So don't use them for cover. If you're unsure of if the building is client-sided or server-sided have a friend look at the building while you open/close windows. If they don't move for your friend, don't hide behind them and expect not to die... This will be adjusted when the map system is changed in the near future to accept pitch and yaw.

Hotfix #1:

• Donor Rebel outpost has been added back to its original location. Now you have (6) rebels to gear up at. If you get camped, fill out a "hurt feelings" report
  • Honor & Honor Talents should now sync properly

I CANT HIT A FUCKING ROCK AT 30 KMH WITHOUT FUCKING GETTING KILLED FROM IT WHERE THE FUCK IS MY SEATBELT

Donald likes this
Just now, justi said:

28ec3bace7c9f3fd1c712beb9dffc8c2-jpg.jpg

I'm triggered.

@BaDaBiNg_10-8 @Clint Beastwood @Gen. Henry Arnold

Honesty, how is this fair?

Cops only GOT prowlers to match the civs off-road abilities.  Civs lose doors and cops don’t??  Civs prices increased by approximately 30-35k, Cops increased 5k.  I’m not trying to be an asshole, but this is simply biased in the favor of cops.... because the owners are career cops.

Just now, cHIP ōTLE said:

Cops only GOT prowlers to match the civs off-road abilities.  Civs lose doors and cops don’t??  Civs prices increased by approximately 30-35k, Cops increased 5k.  I’m not trying to be an asshole, but this is simply biased in the favor of cops.... because the owners are career cops.

could not agree more 

I said it before if you need to have doors removed to be able to shoot someone out of an open-topped prowler or quilin then you need to practice your shooting because you stink 

LOL??? What, did proud hack your account???

being a former CoP is most DEFINITELY gonna make you biased in the APDs favor.  If you want me to think otherwise.  Make these vehicles equal.

Just because this bothers you so much, no, I wont change it.  Infact I'll raise the fucking price.

Just shut up already. Calm down.

Roice, Russell*, Crossfade and 5 others like this

Lets all relax and enjoy the fact there's work being done on the servers.  NOT EVERYONE IS GOING TO LIKE IT.  I realize that.  We've gone far beyond constructive criticism now, lets patch up the bugs of this patch, work out the kinks then we can focus on the future.

Just now, PENIS PUMP BANDIT said:

It's basically a cop roleplay server, and we are the AI they play against 

No, thats just you being a bot :P

Eduardo, Feenix and BaDaBiNg_10-8 like this

LOL??? What, did proud hack your account???

being a former CoP is most DEFINITELY gonna make you biased in the APDs favor.  If you want me to think otherwise.  Make these vehicles equal.

trust me APD is pricing out the prowler and quilins so people will be using vehicles that you cannot shoot out of and are made of paper mache = better for the cops 

6 hours ago, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

After reviewing the Qilin/Prowler changes, we may have been harsh in our changes. We felt they were necessary because the vehicle was the best thing to drive, and nearly the only vehicle used on the island for every kind of activity. For the original price, it simply offered too much. We will review other options in balancing the vehicle to allow more access to it to the other end of the community, but keep it at a level that it is not the only vehicle on the roads.

Thanks for the work you guys are putting into this. Also thanks for considering whether or not a change is the right one instead of just saying deal with it.

Clint Beastwood and Mason like this
Just now, Clint Beastwood said:

Lets all relax and enjoy the fact there's work being done on the servers.  NOT EVERYONE IS GOING TO LIKE IT.  I realize that.  We've gone far beyond constructive criticism now, lets patch up the bugs of this patch, work out the kinks then we can focus on the future.

trust me APD is pricing out the prowler and quilins so people will be using vehicles that you cannot shoot out of and are made of paper mache = better for the cops 

Just now, Clint Beastwood said:

you are funny but what i said is truth 

1 hour ago, justi said:

The freedom that they have with accesibility to downing rounds and less rules is the biggest asset, especially when that downing gun caps out at an mx. Bounty hunters are simply not meant to be a huge faction in a game of cops and robbers, they are meant to be an underdog that can be extremely dangerous if the player is good/knows where to catch his bounty(s).

Vlad likes this
Just now, Steve said:

The freedom that they have with accesibility to downing rounds and less rules is the biggest asset, especially when that downing gun caps out at an mx. Bounty hunters are simply not meant to be a huge faction in a game of cops and robbers, they are meant to be an underdog that can be extremely dangerous if the player is good/knows where to catch his bounty(s).

FE8y.gif

DJB, Crossfade, ColtonB205 and 1 other like this
6 hours ago, Leady said:

Since the removal of money cap we've seen a significant increase in the use of vests and rpgs. Even taking into account the servers increased population, the number of vest and rpgs is quite high. This is one of those balancing items. If you want to see something go boom it is going to cost a bit more.

Of course you've seen a spike, some people got a bunch of extra money in their bank account and they are burning through it faster than they can make it. As people get back down to their original cash balance, the use of vests and rpgs will go back to what they were....but now an already expensive item is almost double the price even after the use tapers off.

If you guys are dead set on increasing the costs of those items, why not have the price adjusted on a sliding scale....just like every other commodity on the island. I can crash the scotch market by selling too much, my price starts to fall for each scotch sold. Why not have the price on RPGs and vests go up the more people are buying them and go down as people slow down on purchasing them.....natural economy of supply and demand, free market.

We arent a bunch of communists around here after all..,.....are we?

So at this point, I would believe that you all need to mend over your feelings about the quilin/Prowler change. You guys managed over the years without them. You have literally had the complete attention of everyone in positions to make changes. I cannot fathom the reason we are this hung up on a vehicle. I hate to see some amazing changes overshadowed by a vehicle change. Please let it go for now. Give us time to adjust further if we see fit. Your constructive feedback helps and is my guiding force when bringing changes to the table. Can we move past this for a while? 

Just now, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

At this point. I'm confused, I want to take the time to address some of the concerns listed here. But based on the responses of dense people, I'll spare us. 

Hey all I am saying is you guys have priced out the prowlers and quilins to the point where people will buy the paper mache hatchbacks that you can't shoot out of and that = good for the cops, but to have no doors on my prowler but the APD keeps their doors with only a 5K increase in price seems really over the top, people will stop buying the prowlers and quilins because they have no trunk space and now you can be shot out of them very easily = no worth 50 or 45 K = good for the cops 

Just now, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

So at this point, I would believe that you all need to mend over your feelings about the quilin/Prowler change. You guys managed over the years without them. You have literally had the complete attention of everyone in positions to make changes. I cannot phantom of the reason we are this hung up on a vehicle. I hate to see some amazing changes overshadowed by a vehicle change. Please let it go for now. Give us time to adjust further if we see fit. Your constructive feedback helps and is my guiding force when bringing changes to the table. Can we move past this for a while? 

yes, but when we didn't have them before neither did the APD but that is not the case now, I can spend 50K compared to 25K for the cops and I get half the vehicle as they do