Change Log 8.3.0

Just now, Hoodlum Priest said:

He may not be right, but honestly, it does certainly feel at face value like this was meant to buff cops and nerf rebels.

Could you explain this buff to cops? I worked hard to make sure that this update kept them in check and you can ask @BaDaBiNg_10-8 and @Clint Beastwood and @leady. I opposed some proposed changes to the APD and provided reasons why X,Y, and Z should not happen. We were able to work through some ideas and these changes are hardly a buff for the APD. 

Just now, PENIS PUMP BANDIT said:

yes, but when we didn't have them before neither did the APD but that is not the case now, I can spend 50K compared to 25K for the cops and I get half the vehicle as they do  

Are the cops doing half the stuff with theirs that an average player would do with theirs? No. Camping Kavala checkpoint shouldn't need too many prowlers ;)

Just now, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

Are the cops doing half the stuff with theirs that an average player would do with theirs? No. Camping Kavala checkpoint shouldn't need too many prowlers ;)

LMAO what you just said is petty and I do not carry paper mache vehicles in my garage, hatchbacks, suv's, off-roads and so on, so yes this affects me greatly because i drive mostly in prowlers and quilins and for 50K I can get half the truck that the APD does 

Could you explain this buff to cops? 

You left the doors on cop prowlers and took them off civ prowlers. Look at it however you want. Its a buff for cops. And seeing as cop prowlers were only introduced recently to balance the qilin meta Id say taking them from cops would be ideal now that no one will be using qilins/prowlers.

Donald, Maaqs, thero and 4 others like this

Could you explain this buff to cops? I worked hard to make sure that this update kept them in check and you can ask @BaDaBiNg_10-8 and @Clint Beastwood and @leady. I opposed some proposed changes to the APD and provided reasons why X,Y, and Z should not happen. We were able to work through some ideas and these changes are hardly a buff for the APD. 

Cops not losing the armor on their Prowlers, rebels do, their price going up $5000, rebels price going up $40,000.

Honestly, if jeeps and offroads didnt explode or get their wheels ripped off from hitting a bush, I wouldnt care.

Like I said before, I used quilins cause it was the only vehicle I could get around the island on without blowing up and dying. Sometimes staying on road is not an option.

Just my opinion. Cmon dude, you have to know by now how the mob works........no good deed goes unpunished.

Edited by Hoodlum Priest
LITTLE HANOI likes this
19 minutes ago, cHIP ōTLE said:

LOL??? What, did proud hack your account???

being a former CoP is most DEFINITELY gonna make you biased in the APDs favor.  If you want me to think otherwise.  Make these vehicles equal.

Clint was a career rebel for even as of right now (to my knowledge) longer then he was an admin/career cop.

come on man, I was not 2nd richest on the servers and now with around 16 million just camping kaval checkpoint and I have over 4600 war points mostly capping cartels and turfs, so I do a lot more than you think with my prowlers and quilins 

Just now, TRYHARD said:

You left the doors on cop prowlers and took them off civ prowlers. Look at it however you want. Its a buff for cops. And seeing as cop prowlers were only introduced recently to balance the qilin meta Id say taking them from cops would be ideal now that no one will be using qilins/prowlers.

yeah the next time cops roll up on me in my prowler and I get out to fight them I will have no vehicle to hide behind while firing and they will have a fully armored prowler to hide behind and shoot my ass right through the opening where my doors use to be 

TRYHARD likes this
18 hours ago, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

First off, we appreciate your cooperation and support as we work on server performance. While we do so, here are some small additions and changes that have been asked for by the community, we do listen to your voices :). Once we get the performance to an acceptable level, we will begin adding the new content we’ve been working on for all players to experience. We'd also like to welcome back @Bikstok as contributor and look forward to our development team pushing out great changes in the future!

• Added the ability to claim vehicles at Chop Shop.
  • Added 2 additional Rebel outposts.
  • Reworked the prison, designed by @Jbdragon!
    • Second bridge removed from the prison
    • A second bridge will be added soon. The dynamic map system Poseidon implemented needs to be reworked or adjusted to accept objects "snapped to surface" or with pitch and yaw settings for the new Eden Editor.
    • There is a laptop in the prison that you need to upload the virus to in order to infect the security system.
    • The timer is now handled server side, so the player who starts it can lose connection, get killed, leave the server, etc and the prison break will continue.
    • The APD will need to stop the prison break if possible by restoring the system at the laptop in the prison.
    • When the map marker returns to blue, prisoners can no longer escape.
  • Increased price of the Qilin to 50k.
  • Increased price of the Prowler to 45k.
  • Removed side doors on Qilins/Prowlers.
  • Increased the price of the APD Prowler to 25k.
  • Added ability to add additional smokes to Ifrits and Striders using the vehicle ammo item.
  • Added vehicle ammo item to Cop shop.
  • Added the Raven vest to Rebel outpost, Skip Tracer and UC.
  • Added rear/side seats to the DLC cargo van.
  • Increased price of the Suicide Vest to 80k.
  • Increased price of the RPG round to 50k.
  • Increased revive payout to $3500.
  • Added MX SW to CPT+.
  • Added MX GL (Smoke rounds only) to SGT+.
  • Added SWAT uniform to LT+.
  • Added Brown NVGs to UC.
  • Removed Gendarmerie uniform from APD.
  • Removed killer shelves from Kavala.
  • Players can no longer sync their location while within 200m of any cartel.
  • Tweaked downing script.
  • Tweaked vehicles to be more resilient to non projectile damage.
  • Removed the seat belt option and made vehicles significantly safer.
  • Fixed a bug with red names and vehicles.
  • Fixed an exploit with RPGs.
  • Fixed APD talent for Hellcat.
  • Fixed an exploit with syncing.
  • Added an auto-locking method on the servers when FPS gets low on the server
    • It will auto-unlock if the FPS recovers, we hope this will aide in having less crashes

IMPORTANT NOTE: Some buildings (like the deer stands at the prison) will be created local to the client and not on the server. Meaning if you close the hatches on the deer stands others will see them open. So don't use them for cover. If you're unsure of if the building is client-sided or server-sided have a friend look at the building while you open/close windows. If they don't move for your friend, don't hide behind them and expect not to die... This will be adjusted when the map system is changed in the near future to accept pitch and yaw.

Hotfix #1:

• Donor Rebel outpost has been added back to its original location. Now you have (6) rebels to gear up at. If you get camped, fill out a "hurt feelings" report
  • Honor & Honor Talents should now sync properly

When you really want Olympus to succeed.

LITTLE HANOI and JillaTijd like this

The amount of misinformation in this thread is sickening. 

Quilins were an issue, especially at cartels. 

Prowlers are not even NEARLY as powerful as pre-nerf Quilins. 

The owners aren’t career cops and regularly play civ with the synergy boys. 

Clint used to be in synergy montages. 

This was a wonderful patch. The vehicle change needed to happen. Stop complaining about balance changes when people with more experience than you have been requesting them. 

Suggest improvements if you feel that strongly. 

Kitui, Innate, Scott and 12 others like this
Just now, Boris said:

This was a wonderful patch. The vehicle change needed to happen. Stop complaining about balance changes when people with more experience than you have been requesting them. 

The amount of misinformation in this post is sickening. It's spelled Qilin not "Quilin"

This was another great patch, after seeing the servers in a standstill for like the last year, its good to see them up and about again, and a team trying to help out the community, and work on stuff.

Although I'm basically a career cop at this point, when I do play on civ I personally love the jeep,(I haven't played yet with them within the new patch, so excuse me if im being stupid, just basing off what the lads said this afternoon). Is there any chance that we could make the wheels on certain vehicles slightly stronger? Like Im completely fine with them being tissue paper thin, I own one irl, Ik they are.  But like if we could hit those pipes on the side of the road without 4 tires going out 10/10 would appreciate.  Just my two cents feel free to call me dumb. 

Maybe if it only happened to specific models of em? Like I know there used to be a rebel offroad that you could buy in camo, maybe a jeep in that the orange color like the armed one, just without the gun, and tires of moderate strength? Obv they'd be more expensive to buy, just like rebels drive around irl in nice cars, that are just retrofitted, I think it'd be a cool way to tweak rebel life a little bit.  

Feel free to rip me apart

-Papa Fitz 

Edited by P.FitzWallace
Innate, Huan Lee, sakha and 1 other like this
1 hour ago, Nagidal said:

can we fix the built in silencer from the phone its so annoying 

What is this you speak of?

36 minutes ago, Boris said:

PREACH

Was really hoping to see more use made out of the empty top left of the map. Maybe in the future I suppose, but Jesus Christ on that Kavala Rebel. Essentially just a spirit distillary rebel if even at this point. I suppose it would be incredibly safe but completely separated from the rest of humanity.

1 hour ago, Boris said:

The only people that requested the qilin nerf were cartel fighters.  Aka people who log in, fight a cartel for a few hours, and log off.  They created the meta, then cried about it.

But whatever, it’s a dead horse now...

Just now, cHIP ōTLE said:

The only people that requested the qilin nerf were cartel fighters.  Aka people who log in, fight a cartel for a few hours, and log off.  They created the meta, then cried about it.

I want the qilin nerf period, the shit is aids everywhere. You start shooting at a qilin > he uses it as portable cover to drop behind you there is not a shred of strategic thought in the entire use of the vehicle.

2 hours ago, Boris said:

Patato likes this
28 minutes ago, cHIP ōTLE said:

I don't mind the nerf but why are cops exempt from it? I already got fucked first day in..

4 hours ago, Boris said:

what purpose do the cop prowlers need to have doors if the rebel prowlers don't?  

cHIP oTLE and Donald like this
5 hours ago, PENIS PUMP BANDIT said:

yeah the next time cops roll up on me in my prowler and I get out to fight them I will have no vehicle to hide behind while firing and they will have a fully armored prowler to hide behind and shoot my ass right through the opening where my doors use to be = good times 

First of all you have to be a corporal + to pull it out. So its a less % of the APD that can actually pull it.

And from a rebel point of view they actually need a vehicle that the corporal + can pull for the bank/new prison. Because alot of the times its not gonna be a SGT + on to pull hunter/strider.

As a rebel you still got the ifrit. :) 

JIMBO likes this