Change Log 8.3.0

53 minutes ago, Steve said:

The reason they cost so much is because bad players could kill good players or blow up an ifrit for 30k a piece.

This is about as braindead as it gets. It's a relaxed RP / Life server, not an MLG event with rules and guidelines on how to fight, what to wear, what to use, not to use, "no chop / claim."  Sounds like you need to readjust your playstyle if RPGs or even vests are an issue.

Stop being such a baby about how people choose to spend their money.

Edited by Maaqs
Nubis likes this
Just now, Maaqs said:

This is about as braindead as it gets. It's a relaxed RP / Life server, not an MLG event with rules and guidelines on how to fight, what to wear, what to use, not to use, "no chop / claim."  Sounds like you need to readjust your playstyle if RPGs or even vests are an issue.

Not sure how you can call what Steve said braindead then say what you just said. Just because it isn't an "MLG event" doesn't mean that a suicide vest that you can shoot from a kilometer away should be cheaper than a suicide vest that you have to be there to use.

TRYHARD and Sikorsky like this
Just now, Scott said:

Not sure how you can call what Steve said braindead then say what you just said. Just because it isn't an "MLG event" doesn't mean that a suicide vest that you can shoot from a kilometer away should be cheaper than a suicide vest that you have to be there to use.

You need to be able to HIT the RPG though from 600+ meters out; which doesn't always happen. DS members miss them all the time. That's a 50k miss.

Just now, Scott said:

Of course you have to hit it, I don't see how that is relevant at all. That applies to guns and suicide vests as well.

2045c7061ff836de52960cdf1bd60bac.png

This is the part that strung me up. I don't see how this type of statement is a legitimate one at all to make. You could say:

1.) A good player would play around an RPG being at a cartel / bank / fed.

2.) Are you only a good player if you don't use RPGs / vests?

3.) I RPG'd you from 700meters out, what a shot! But because I used an RPG, I'm a bad player simply because it wasn't pure gunskill.

I just don't see how that comment can be used as an argument for the price increase in the slightest.

Haych likes this
Just now, Maaqs said:

2045c7061ff836de52960cdf1bd60bac.png

This is the part that strung me up. I don't see how this type of statement is a legitimate one at all to make. You could say:

1.) A good player would play around an RPG being at a cartel / bank / fed.

2.) Are you only a good player if you don't use RPGs / vests?

3.) I RPG'd you from 700meters out, what a shot! But because I used an RPG, I'm a bad player simply because it wasn't pure gunskill.

I just don't see how that comment can be used as an argument for the price increase in the slightest.

I dont think you get the point nevermind D00D

18 minutes ago, Maaqs said:

Stop being such a baby about how people choose to spend their money.

All I'm saying is the game was more balanced without them in at all. Gun play > rpgs. With the price increase it's more reasonable to have them in the game but I'd prefer to see them removed. I don't like losing loadouts to people who lack almost any kind of strategical thinking so they use rpgs to compensate for it. It was also ridiculous to lose an ifrit that costs 100k when rpg rockets use to cost 30k in an instant from easily up to 500m, it doesn't make sense. To be frank I'd wager that they we're put in by a Dev originally because he got dropped on by a full ifrit and it pissed him off. You're right though it's not an mlg game, arma would be terrible for it because it's simply not consistent enough. Can't tell you how many times I've seen someone die in 1 shot to the chest after blood bagging but someone tanks 4 to the chest. It isn't just about cartels either before you say that, I can say that part of what I enjoyed from the start of my time on asylum was that the combat was 90 percent gunplay (in 2014/2015.)

Donald, TRYHARD, Sikorsky and 1 other like this
13 minutes ago, Steve said:

All I'm saying is the game was more balanced without them in at all. 

Balanced, sure. I would agree. Without RPGs, it did/does mostly come down to personal skill / tactical awareness, comms, and positioning. 

I don't like losing loadouts to people who lack almost any kind of strategical thinking so they use rpgs to compensate for it. 

Just a silly statement to me. I personally don't use RPGs (or vests for that matter) but it's still a joy every single time someone lands a hit with their RPG. It's the thrill of landing the 30k (now 50k) shot and watching something go boom. 

It was also ridiculous to lose an ifrit that costs 100k when rpg rockets use to cost 30k in an instant from easily up to 500m, it doesn't make sense.

To this, I know it's not always doable and can be easier said than done, but try scouting for RPGs before Ifrit pushing. Shit, start to just get in the mindset that "there'll be an RPG at this cartel." Drop someone off from a distance, and look for anyone that pops up from behind a rock/wall with an RPG.

I can say that part of what I enjoyed from the start of my time on asylum was that the combat was 90 percent gunplay (in 2014/2015.)

As I sorta said above, I agree. I personally find more enjoyment in holding an MX / MK-18 in my hands than an RPG or sitting in a bush with a vest waiting for an Ifrit. I prefer to stretch my money as far as I can, but I wouldn't want to deny others the enjoyment (or misery if they miss) of using an RPG or vest. 

With all this said, I generally agree with just about everything you say/suggest on the forums. Just not about RPGs :P I like watchin my DS boys use em lol.

Edited by Maaqs
Just now, Maaqs said:

To this, I know it's not always doable and can be easier said than done, but try scouting for RPGs before Ifrit pushing. Shit, start to just get in the mindset that "there'll be an RPG at this cartel." Drop someone off from a distance, and look for anyone that pops up from behind a rock/wall with an RPG.

The problem with this is that any players using an rpg simply won't expose themselves until their risk of missing or death is at the bare minimum. A vest is different with a vest you sacrifice 1 player and 80k. Most of the time that player won't have a gun and if they do their odds of being revived are slim to none. A carryall can easily fit 3-4 rpgs and even if it isn't about the money to some the utility you gain from them is off the charts the rocket launcher it self is also reusable the entire vest is not. 

Edit - the only explosives I'm a fan with is grenades. Grenades have s very limited range and throwing them perfectly is not that easy. You will very rarely kill more then 2 people with 1 nade. I'd like to add that you can Dodge nades before they land and/or explode.

Edited by Steve
Donald and Gagss like this

When RPGs were added i'm almost certain there was an assurance made by bamf that they would only disable vehicles and wouldn't blow them up. He (may have) also mentioned they'd have to pretty much direct hit to kill people. I'm fairly certain that's the only reason he managed to get them in. I'd have zero issues with RPGs if they were used to disable choppers/ifrits without causing them to explode.

TRYHARD, Huan Lee, Sikorsky and 4 others like this
4 hours ago, Boris said:

When RPGs were added i'm almost certain there was an assurance made by bamf that they would only disable vehicles and wouldn't blow them up. He (may have) also mentioned they'd have to pretty much direct hit to kill people. I'm fairly certain that's the only reason he managed to get them in. I'd have zero issues with RPGs if they were used to disable choppers/ifrits without causing them to explode.

Blowing stuff up is fun though.. and it's not like the rockets are cheap. When's the last time someone RPG'd you?

Google™ likes this
On 31-1-2019 at 5:27 PM, Manolo said:

Why don’t you just ban all rebels.

spar 556 > Mk1

prowlers + q veh are 50k

removed doors from prowler +  q veh

shit for trunk space for the prowlers + q veh 

that’s why everyone is joining the APD and there are like 20 cops on each server confiscating all the drugs I’m trying to take! 

ifrit is just an over sized prowler that you can’t shoot out off. 

rpgs and vest require a home equity loan.

I mean if you don’t want us around just say so! I think we understand the none spoken words! 

You stole and chopped my mohawk, thats like a quilin right there. Stop complaining and start playing more :D 

Manolo and Fried Rice like this
On 1/23/2019 at 2:03 AM, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

Hotfix #3:

• Removed role switch/server hop cooldown
  • Fixed some exploits
  • Magazine Refiling should now work properly at Rebel Outposts
  • Server 3 Precinct is back to being enabled and will remain now (sorry...)
  • Federal Reserve elevated marker will now remove at the correct time

Very nice.

Edited by Wop