Something New

I'm going to try creating this post as relevant as possible and for any comments that disagree, disagree and be mature about it

My thoughts of how Asylum was heading around a year and a half ago was going to be like a reaction of a stock market crash from the depression fortunately it hasn't but at this moment in time it's great the developers are adding changes and fixes and that's what every player wants their developer to do but also add new BIG updates, sure there's new systems that can be added new updates that fix big issues and even new vehicles and guns given to us by DLC but those are just add-ons 

Asylum has grown to a big community in the past years but I think it's safe to say there needs to be something new such as a map change, new guns and vehicles a new persona that isn't just a Bohemia created map I'm talking mods created by other users in the community 

and if you're worried about the revenue the server is providing or if it's just all in the fun it adds a new "project" to the developers and maybe even the community, I've played this server on a different game and how they gain their money is very indeed interesting but if you're worried about revenue there's many ways of gaining it there just needs to be a game plan

in conclusion of this suggestion I'm basically saying create a server under Asylums name and adding a Mod-pack to a server created by you guys as the developers or the Arma 3 Community.

Big Bird and Samuel like this

They tried this with Austria. Where’s it at now?

They shouldn’t do this at all, it’d be stupid. You’re essentially asking the developers to quit working on Asylum Altis to make Asylum modded. Because developing a whole mod takes tons of time they can’t be splitting it up. They shouldn’t try to do lots of things at once they should focus on one thing at a time.

The only half successful alternative map was Stratis, and even that eventually became just a money making map. 

Australia, Tanoa, and even Strife have proven, if nothing else, that Asylum is not capable of supporting anything but Altis life on an Altis map.

I wish it was different, I love Tanoa’s map personally, but it’s not. Any project is doomed to fail or become a money grinding server. 

Scott and Google™ like this
Just now, Boris said:

The only half successful alternative map was Stratis, and even that eventually became just a money making map. 

Australia, Tanoa, and even Strife have proven, if nothing else, that Asylum is not capable of supporting anything but Altis life on an Altis map.

I wish it was different, I love Tanoa’s map personally, but it’s not. Any project is doomed to fail or become a money grinding server. 

Stratis and Tanoa is a military sandbox type map, indenting Mods such as an actual role-playing map would fix money making servers into actual role-play servers that would be the way to go and to make money harder would make the server more fun and intense sure there can be issues regarding being easy to obtain money but that can be easily fixed and Nerf'd.  

Samuel likes this
Just now, EthanS said:

I just don’t think mods would work with asylum I know a lot of people that just don’t wanna deal with them and enjoy have enjoyed vanilla arma for 1000s of hours. I just don’t think asylum is the community for mods

There will never be an answer unless they try, I'm not saying taking away their current servers for the project that wouldn't be a smart play at all but making a whole new server and trying this out (not connected to asylum current exchange) meaning money won't be transferred a whole new fresh start for everyone to enjoy.

Edited by Error : No Unit
2 hours ago, Error : No Unit said:

There will never be an answer unless they try, I'm not saying taking away their current servers for the project that wouldn't be a smart play at all but making a whole new server and trying this out (not connected to asylum current exchange) meaning money won't be transferred a whole new fresh start for everyone to enjoy.

They tried it with Australia it didn't really work out

Virrx likes this
3 hours ago, Error : No Unit said:

It would not be a smart play to do that. To do a project that big requires time and money. Both which could be better invested into Asylum.