Make the free fire zone great again

Disclaimer: I’m very well aware that there are cartels there. 

Disclaimer #2: Yes, these are all to promote PVP. These events would be aimed at increasing gang activity versus individual activity, in most cases.

The free fire zone has been a desolate spot on the map for ages now. The only practical reason for going there is the single cartel that spawns there. I think it is time the developers make it more appealing for people to visit it. Here are some of my ideas.

1. If it’s a “free fire zone”, maybe we could make it so that no crimes committed in the area are able to appear on a ticket. (Maybe you could apply the system you use to automatically charge people in the vicinity of a bank or fed with “Bank Robery” to make it so that no one receives a ticket in the area of the free fire zone). 

2. Add random NON-AI related events such as:

-Supply drops: Allow 3-4 of these per server restart in the zone. These crates could be different in their contents. One could have a considerable amount of dirty money or gold bars. One could be filled with diamonds and drugs. The other, obviously ammunition and guns. Maybe these crates could be picked up only by a hemmit for transport (and despawn in x amount of time after it is moved) and lootsble by any player. 

-Wrecked vehicles: Maybe we can add random vehicles that spawn and aren’t announced as an event. These vehicles could range from box trucks to hemmits to ifrits. With that, a chop chop should be added near donor. Allow these vehicles to be driven by anyone, and only able to be chopped for profit. These vehicles should spawn regularly (every 15-30 minutes or so). Maybe helicopters might be even a good idea. But, here is the catch. In order to get in these vehicles, you may need a diamond tip drill or bolt cutters rather than lock picks. This would increase the risk of grabbing these vehicles as you would be exposed for a certain period of time. 

-Automatically spawned admin events: everyone loves admin events, maybe we should have 1-3 per restart exclusively in the red zone, preferably battle royale. 

-Lootable small bases/outposts: this idea is not mine, I don’t particularly care for it. However, it may be a good idea to allow more and more guns to be available without the need of crafting/buying them. This would perhaps give people even more incentive to go down and fight in these areas. 

-Special types of wrecks: if we were to have 1-3 special excevating sites that are sorrounding the zone which spawn a surplus amount of profitable items (diamonds, cocaine, etc). This may actually make excevating something to do again. These sites would obviously be red zones. 

-Even more special vehicle events: Perhaps along with the vehicles randomly spawning, we could add a slight twist. Maybe some of these vehicles spawn with 3-4 gold bars (despite trunk size) or a lot of x item. When unlocked, a global ping would activated and this ping would either be continuous or updated every 1-5 minutes. Players would defenitely fight over these things. 

I know some of these ideas may not be applicable to asylum, but, there is so much more that can be done in the free fire zone. It’s a barren place which has no real purpose. Heck, maybe some of these ideas could expand to the entirety of the map.

Edited by Dick Romney
Schiang, Walt, dennozZ and 8 others like this
Just now, Huan Lee said:

no, we shouldn't make arms island more "fun" because it would BE a different mod or concept

No, this would add more events for people to make money? It does nothing to take the life out of asylum life as it literally would be focused in a small area of the map where the fighting would take place. 

Just now, Dick Romney said:

No, this would add more events for people to make money? It does nothing to take the life out of asylum life as it literally would be focused in a small area of the map where the fighting would take place. 

this wouldn't help people make money, it would give people money. And automatic admin events? that would make those just events, while some of them might be entertaining, people would just be up at 3:am on a monday looting everything they can for as long as they want because no gangs or cartel fighters would be on then

IceVenom likes this
Just now, Huan Lee said:

this wouldn't help people make money, it would give people money. And automatic admin events? that would make those just events, while some of them might be entertaining, people would just be up at 3:am on a monday looting everything they can for as long as they want because no gangs or cartel fighters would be on then

With that logic, we might as well have no server wide events at all, right? 

Just now, Huan Lee said:

Admins host events when servers are active, not when literally no one is on except for people running meth

You know how many admin events happen on a regular basis? Not that many. However, I do understand your concern. There is many people who play on this server who live in a multitude of Timezones

You know how many admin events happen on a regular basis? Not that many. However, I do understand your concern. There is many people who play on this server who live in a multitude of Timezones

Also, random vehicles spawning with gold bars would make it an excuse to not do fed or bank, and gangs could sit in 2 ifrits running around arms island all day, collecting all the vehicles and supply drops, and shooting anyone that tries to come

IceVenom likes this
Just now, Huan Lee said:

Also, random vehicles spawning with gold bars would make it an excuse to not do fed or bank, and gangs could sit in 2 ifrits running around arms island all day, collecting all the vehicles and supply drops, and shooting anyone that tries to come

The admins could definitely control the spawn rates. These crates should mostly be guns or diamonds. 

Also, the point is to make gangs do that. There are PLENTY of gangs on Asylum. Most of them would gladly have fights over this. 

Edited by Dick Romney

The admins could definitely control the spawn rates. These crates should mostly be guns or diamonds. 

I played a lot of modded servers, and in each one that had an event system, the big gangs would be there in 2 minutes, and everyone farmed them overnight, no matter what time it is anywhere. It either gives gangs free money, or nocturnal people free money, in general I think it would be unbalanced

Just now, Huan Lee said:

I played a lot of modded servers, and in each one that had an event system, the big gangs would be there in 2 minutes, and everyone farmed them overnight, no matter what time it is anywhere. It either gives gangs free money, or nocturnal people free money, in general I think it would be unbalanced

You're ignoring the competitiveness of the gangs on asylum. 

You're ignoring the competitiveness of the gangs on asylum. 

Gangs can compete out of this, yay. But there's more times where one big gang with a lot of numbers owns the server than another gang being on to combat them, and when that does happen, the losing gang loses it's numbers due to losses, replacing the throne. These events would just feed the gangs massive amounts of money to their bank

JillaTijd likes this
Just now, Huan Lee said:

Gangs can compete out of this, yay. But there's more times where one big gang with a lot of numbers owns the server than another gang being on to combat them, and when that does happen, the losing gang loses it's numbers due to losses, replacing the throne. These events would just feed the gangs massive amounts of money to their bank

You just described the point of gang life. 

31 minutes ago, Huan Lee said:

You make valid points to be honest. I completely agree...

Huan Lee likes this