Mechanic Roles and Repair Shops

What would peoples thoughts be on a "Mechanic" role in the game? Or a repair shop? What would make the idea a good idea?

My Idea would be a way for players to have a way to get their vehicles repaired when they get blown up. If you blow up your heli, you could pay a mechanic or go to a repair shop and have your destroyed vehicle repaired or replaced at a reduced cost compared to buying a new one.

This would be handy for the new kids who join the server and get their cars/quads blown up by a troll in Kavala. instead of having to go pick peaches again for 53 days straight to buy a new ATV, they only have to pick for 27 day. PROGRESS!

Crossfade likes this

Asylum already had insurance prior to the release of 6.0 and functioned in a similar nature to this except users would pay slightly more money for insured vehicles. The idea of a mechanic shop serves no purpose because it creates an environment where you can be slightly less careless with your vehicles and the resulting consequences of said carelessness are diminished.

There also exists the satisfaction of shooting down a helicopter, watching it explode, and realizing that the pilot is out quite a bit of money as they have to buy a brand new chopper

Russell* and Patato like this
50 minutes ago, Emma said:

Asylum already had insurance prior to the release of 6.0 and functioned in a similar nature to this except users would pay slightly more money for insured vehicles. The idea of a mechanic shop serves no purpose because it creates an environment where you can be slightly less careless with your vehicles and the resulting consequences of said carelessness are diminished.

There also exists the satisfaction of shooting down a helicopter, watching it explode, and realizing that the pilot is out quite a bit of money as they have to buy a brand new chopper

No one is going to be more careless about crashing a heli if it still cost more it does then to say craft. Even crashing my crafted orcas with or without a loadout makes me cringe even if I can afford it.

I loved the short lived insurance, but I'm more or less talking about like a %20 reduction on a repurchase.

But I really think it would be even cooler to have a whitelisted "Mechanic" faction that has the ability to go to pinged crashes and fix them for nice price depending on vehicle being fixed.

I just like the idea of being a new player again with more options of making money and saving money to their feet more establish. To often they spend a dumb amount of time in the apple/peach fields just to get an ATV and get rdm'ed by a kavala dweller. Then we sadly never see John Doe again.