Legal Money Making.

For the past few days/nights while the server has been dead and people camping meth ive tried a few different methods of making money legally and well most are garbage, Since asylum has had a huge change already maybe a buff could come for people who wanted to do legal stuff? Not saying make it so every single person is like hey now excavating or fishing is 500k a hour fuck meth, but if you were to add a talent system like infamy/honor so the more you do legal activities you can make more money per hour just like the other Talents. Maybe faster gathering, processing, more money for selling, discounts for civilian vehicles and all that, I'm not sure how it would work with rebel license and Bounty hunter license but it could be something everyone can have no matter what you decide to do, unlike now how rebel and bounty hunter talent tree requires that license. Again i am in no way suggesting buff them to the point its pointless doing illegal stuff but for the sake for the new people who cant afford to run drugs without being robbed, killed and rage quitting the server and even for the players who are not new :P it would be a change from running meth, cocaine, heroine all day every day so we can fight cartels and have fun :)

Any suggestions, changes to this idea would be awesome.

Just now, Lucien said:

I feel legal/illegal money making is balanced. Making money legally has very low risk typically and does not take as long as high end illegal money making methods. Have you tried excavating or vermin crafting? Or have you just tried mining/oil.

ive done excavating, mining, running oil drums for rubber*died many times*. 

Edited by Crossfade
Just now, Mayhem said:

I had an idea I sent to bamf a while back about contracts in game. Such as, you get a contract to collect and process 150 diamonds, after selling them you would turn in said contract for a bonus 15k.

just an example. It could also be illegal things. The contract you would receive would be random

seems legit, would the bonus be a set bonus or would it differ contact to contract? and would you suggest having legal and illegal in different contracts? or totally random?

Just now, Crossfade said:

seems legit, would the bonus be a set bonus or would it differ contact to contract? and would you suggest having legal and illegal in different contracts? or totally random?

It would differ from the contract and quantity of the contract. Like 50 apples would be less than 250 cocaine. Illegal activities would have higher paying contracts also it would be random. Could be legal or illegal.

Edited by Mayhem
Crossfade likes this
1 minute ago, Mayhem said:

I had an idea I sent to bamf a while back about contracts in game. Such as, you get a contract to collect and process 150 diamonds, after selling them you would turn in said contract for a bonus 15k.

just an example. It could also be illegal things. The contract you would receive would be random

And it would make people - especially new players - do all kinds of legal stuff instead of them sticking to excavating and mining only. Sounds like a good suggestion, Mayhem!

Crossfade, Mr. Linux and Mayhem like this
2 hours ago, Mayhem said:

I suggested a similar system to olympus but I came up with daily challenges instead so everyone would get the same random challenge and then that one challenge let’s say diamonds would be popping for the day so people could make an extra 10k or something

Edited by Google™
Mayhem likes this
7 minutes ago, Midamaru said:

I think the hunting grounds/gun factory/tree cutting should be closer to kavala. New players instinctively dont explore options far away from their first town however these options are for new people.

We're always telling new players to get out of Kavala though, since it sucks ass.

This is something that me and crossfade kinda thought of together at the same time. Its not to make legal money making necessarily better. but think about it this way, before infamy came you made the same amount from a meth run as you do now without any talents, but when you get the talents you make even more to a point to where you legit make 25 percent more. thats quiet a bit more compared to what it once was when infamy wasnt in the game, so its basically like it got a huge buff with nothing else in the game getting a buff. And in terms of this, having a similar system would be great for legal stuff because some people just enjoy some of the legal stuff. I would REALLY like to hunt, but its absolute shit money, i just personally love grinding, i care more about the infamy when selling than i do about the damn money cuz i like grinding the infamy talents. I just genuinely enjoy grinding. its fun. So it doesnt even theoretically have to give you more money when you sell legally. just make it a progression system, like some shit like (flawless diamonds are .5 percent easier to find) or some almost practically useless shit like that for players like me who want to grind. I want to go fishing and it be at least SOME WHAT viable, i want to go hunt and it be at least 50k an hour (which btw is less than fucking heroin which sucks) itd be nice that if you chose one thing that you really enjoy that is more fun than anything else in the game that you could have some kind of end goal to meet. like for excavating, you excavated 300 gold coins so gold coins are worth 2% more now. or something simple like that. because i would like to do something else besides the same exact thing over and over again because its the best money. meth can still be teh best money cuz its the most risk, but i dont think heroin should be better than hunting considering heroin is some of the worst money in the game. heroin is more safe than doing half the legal shit in the game cuz people can rob you doing the legal shit. So recap, just make some miniscual number changes for like a respect talent tree or something for people who just like doing different things like mining excavating or hunting. it would be fun it wouldn't mess with the money making balance and you would actually have a reason to do specific jobs instead of the same exact job over and over and over again. 

Edited by bestkiller205