Bounty hunter shop for Therisa

Should we add a BH Shop  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Should we add a BH shop

Just now, Maaqs said:

Not trying to be toxic when I say this, but if the Arms/Drug ae the only cartels fought over "just cause" and "people know all the callouts" then that's sorta on all the active cartel fighters. That's a you/gang issue, not my problem as a BH. And to say

Couldn't I say just the same as a bounty hunter? I'd have to respawn Kavala or Pyrgos, go to skiptracer, and then drive/fly all the way back to Therisa if I was attempting to bounty hunt someone that was cartel fighting.

I worded that wrong. People fight Arms/Drug, because gangs fight to fight, not fight for benefits, and the most common fight is at Arms/Drug. You could say the same, but if I had to take 15 minutes to go to a fight that has already started, that would leave the fight nearly over, if it hasn't started before I wen't to north rebel. We fight, and die. Bounty hunters in Therisa camp, and arrest. If there were just 2 bounty hunters in Therisa with this implemented, one could camp DMV and one could camp gun store, forcing you to spawn up North again, if you die at a cartel and have to regear, the fight is long over before you can come back again.

Maaqs likes this
2 hours ago, Maaqs said:

+1

Therisa shouldn't be a "safe zone" for cartel fighters simply because they want to fight and ignore the rest of the map/gameplay.

The fact that this APD update made it a safe zone is the biggest care bear shit I've ever seen. Asylum is really hitting a low point.

Maaqs and Big Fred like this
6 minutes ago, Huan Lee said:

I worded that wrong. People fight Arms/Drug, because gangs fight to fight, not fight for benefits, and the most common fight is at Arms/Drug. You could say the same, but if I had to take 15 minutes to go to a fight that has already started, that would leave the fight nearly over, if it hasn't started before I wen't to north rebel. We fight, and die. Bounty hunters in Therisa camp, and arrest. If there were just 2 bounty hunters in Therisa with this implemented, one could camp DMV and one could camp gun store, forcing you to spawn up North again, if you die at a cartel and have to regear, the fight is long over before you can come back again.

That, I can concede to. I understand "getting back quickly" is a thing, and when you only have limited time everyday to play, you want to cartel fight and not sit in jail, but to play devil's advocate, should your (generalized, not you specifically) "I need to get back quickly" mindset hinder a bounty hunter's job/hope of bringing a law-breaker to justice? 

If it were up to me, I'd absolutely put the BH shop out of town, and possibly even add a second garage/DMV for rebels to have another way of escaping. To me, at the end of the day, it is a RP/Life server that needs a good balance between:

• Law-abiding civs / those who really do seek the RP / those just kickin back and playing to de-stress, relax.
  • Kavala trolls
  • Rebels who emphasize robbing others / blowing shit up / causing havoc (like DS)
  • Rebels who prioritize cartels / fighting all the time
  • Medics (not the VDM'ing ones though)
  • and even the APD.

to ensure that the servers stay populated and thriving. 

Edited by Maaqs

Remove bounty hunter MX's and Hunters. Then Id be fine with it. But bounty hunters are currently way too strong so maybe try gearing up at skip tracer and playing it smart instead of zerging with pistols.

It would be way too easy to shoot someone in the back pushing a cartel, blindfolding, and driving off. But you all make it seem like the only option you have is to camp vehicle spawns.

Donald, Gagss, Steve and 1 other like this
2 hours ago, Maaqs said:

Therisa is a city just like Kavala / Pyrgos / Athira / Sofia, and they all have BH shops. You play on a RP / Life server with other civilians, medics, cops, bounty hunters. You should be subject to them just like anyone else that plays the game :). Cartel fighters shouldn't be exempt from these things simply because you want Wasteland gameplay on Asylum's settings.

Also, THREE new rebels were just added. Consider using one of them!

1. It really isnt a city just like Kavala / Pyrgos / Athira / Sofia. There are legal ways to make money around those Cities. There is nothing to do at Therisa other then Drug runners and picking some barley. 

2. Who cares if 15 rebels are added if only 2 of them are viable to get to and from in a  reasonable time. Im not spawning Sofia to get geared at a rebel to pull a helicopter to land at drug runner and then pull a car just to fight a cartel.

1 minute ago, ChicoXL said:

1. It really isnt a city just like Kavala / Pyrgos / Athira / Sofia. There are legal ways to make money around those Cities. There is nothing to do at Therisa other then Drug runners and picking some barley. 

2. Who cares if 15 rebels are added if only 2 of them are viable to get to and from in a  reasonable time. Im not spawning Sofia to get geared at a rebel to pull a helicopter to land at drug runner and then pull a car just to fight a cartel.

1. It's also not an empty city either. It has:

• General Store
  • Clothing Store
  • Market
  • Gun Store
  • Medical
  • Courthouse
  • Airshop / DMV
  • and even Home Improvement

just like other cities around the map. Medium Yield Quarry isn't too far away; Kavala -> Medium Yield is 4.7km, Therisa -> Medium Yield is 3.4km. Also, the dp10 Oil Field is closer if you spawn Therisa as compared to Athira (2.9km as opposed to 4.4km). Not saying this negates your point, just making a statement.

2. Then that's a rebel-to-developer issue, not one that pertains to having a BH shop in/near Therisa.  As Huan said, Arms / Drug are the most conveniently fought over cartels, so it does make sense that Therisa donor is the best but, again, maybe that's something that can be changed in another thread talking about different/new/more cartel/rebel locations.

1 hour ago, Elaiscancer said:
1 hour ago, danile666 said:

Honestly All this catering to the minority of the server that fights cartels all day is getting old.  Throw a bounty hunter shop in there to balance out the cop changes.  

This

That ^

Apparently we can't have this, because buying a garage somewhere around Therisa is too hard for some of these rebels, so they need their safe spawn.

*emotional lip quiver*

Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz likes this
21 hours ago, Google™ said:

I love how Rebels are always crying

1) YOU ONLY DOWNED ME BECAUSE OF THE DOWNING SCRIPT!

2) NO BH SHOP IN THERISA IT IS MY CITY NO UR CITY!!!

Wonder what's to come next

No more jail time for rebels. It's too much of an inconvenience between having to do chores and homework. Therefore if you have a rebel license, you should be excluded from jail time and guns should cost 90% less at donor rebel because who has time to grind? Better make this a thing because I've now put this suggestion in their minds and if it's not done you might lose your rebels @Clint Beastwood @BaDaBiNg_10-8

Edited by Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz
Maaqs, Google™, Big Fred and 2 others like this
Just now, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

No more jail time for rebels. It's too much of an inconvenience between having to do chores and homework. Therefore if you have a rebel license, you should be excluded from jail time and guns should cost 90% less at donor rebel because who has time to grind? Better make this a thing because I've now put this suggestion in their minds and if it's not done you might lose your rebels @Clint Beastwood @BaDaBiNg_10-8

best idea I've seen so far.

Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz likes this
8 minutes ago, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

You forgot a 150% increase on EVERYTHING (all clothing of any kind, general store, market, weapons / vehicles (even legal ones like an Offroad), medical, all of it) if you have a Bounty Hunter license.

:frog:

8 hours ago, Maaqs said:

You forgot a 150% increase on EVERYTHING (all clothing of any kind, general store, market, weapons / vehicles (even legal ones like an Offroad), medical, all of it) if you have a Bounty Hunter license.

:frog:

Let's not forget the no shops to even buy the stuff at so we can't even fight back...

Maaqs likes this
3 hours ago, •ÐŠ• cHIP oTLE said:

I know, when DS is fucking around in athira and there’s Bounty Hunters there, we just have one person keep an eye on the bh shop.  This can easily be done if there was a bh shop in Theresa.

This could actually lead to some pretty fun fights rather than the same ol’ OG push or what have you.

i vote to add a bh shop AND a spawn point for EMTs.

Agreed there should be a spawn point for both especially EMTs. Personally pushing a cartel gets boring and a lot of these rebel fighters can’t win a fight outside a cartel where callous don’t exist. There was this huge fight at bottleneck and shit was fun asf. Three ifrits driving around and a ton of vehicles. Always had to watch your back.

Maaqs likes this
Just now, Thomas said:

-1 As the typically rat I am in Therisa, this opens up to much competition. 

True scumbags like myself don't mind driving over to Therisa with a po7 to shoot fresh spawns for easy bank.  Seriously, if you need a bounty hunter shop to attack the "90% of the time" unarmed bounties you should just stick to Kavala.

Don’t need it but it’s just easy. It’s a quality of life thing