Better tutorial system for new people/ingame wiki

If a wiki’s goal is to provide information to new people then the goal is not being met well. No one logs on the server then decides to go to the server website and wiki immediately to learn to do something. They typically try to find out ingame. We need a better tutorial system for new people.

One idea, if there was a “what’s this” button that when clicked would display information for whatever was selected in the Virtual inventory it could open up new possibilities for new players because a lot of the time people don’t know something exists unless told (for more in depth stuff like robbing a fed)

the “what’s this” button could also be implemented in every GUI so if we know they’re looking at the gang information UI then when they click what’s this we can tell them about gang stuff.

A problem with gang life isn’t that it’s getting stale or else CS:GO would be completely dead by now. Imo it’s problem is the lack of new players coming in.

Edited by Google™
1 hour ago, Leady said:

You might be surprised at how much unique traffic the wiki gets each week. 

Yeah no I’m saying it certainly gets people no doubt in my mind. But I’m saying I feel like having the suggested ideas in my thread ingame will help better than the wiki. Or at least some way of advertising the wiki ingame.

A problem with the stats though of the unique traffic is that a lot of that could be from people looking for the APD Guidebook since it’s in there.

Edited by Google™
12 hours ago, •ÐŠ• cHIP oTLE said:

“What’s this” button = Sidechat

Can’t count how many sidechat questions I’ve answered for new players...

I think side chat works amazing for new players, but not all new players would think to ask in side chat or might not even know how to. I've answered tons of questions for new players in side chat, but having a button like this will only help. Like why would a new player ask about how to start a gang war? If they don't know something exists, they're not going to ask about it. The big starting message whenever you first login is useless. No one reads a huge message like that.

cHIP oTLE likes this
On 2/11/2019 at 6:08 PM, Google™ said:

No one logs on the server then decides to go to the server website and wiki immediately to learn to do something. They typically ask in side chat multiple times and even though people give them the answer, some of them still never get it.

Fixed it for you.

Edited by Big Fred
Google™ likes this