Change Log 8.3.1

15 hours ago, Slade Wilson said:

What if they log off after getting parole then? Nobody would get paid until they decided to log back on and serve the time out.

Also what would stop them from changing servers to one with fewer cops, having their cop friends hop on and then reap the rewards when parole has been served?

Either way parole is gone, so enjoy the RP :D 

That's the point. Getting paid wouldn't be a guaranteed thing, so people wouldn't just issue it all willy-nilly. 

Your second objection holds more water. The obvious fix is probably not supported by the current way the database is kept; they could just, upon issuing parole, generate an array of player IDs of the cops nearby (attaching it to whatever flag decides the player is on parole), and then pay out the player IDs when parole is finished. But who knows how difficult that would be.

Parole was actually useful RP-wise for low-tier players (who didn't have a lot of cash and couldn't afford any ticket price, weren't likely to re-offend, and it segwayed nicely into giving them a bit of cash to buy a vehicle "set their life straight" etc. (Though I know I'm in the minority)

Google™ likes this
On 2/13/2019 at 11:29 PM, Google™ said:

@Samperino Your reasoning is dumb

I've reported people for violating the guidebook and cutting me off mid story and the most they get is a VW while I get 30 minutes in jail... I think they should serve the punishment they gave me as well since they violated the guidebook. They would usually offer parole instead of the full ticket robo cop since it was a win-win. Now this will be a lose-win after my roleplay story... I think if you guys wanna disable parole you should take punishing people for cutting people off mid of their story more seriously. I've been cut off like 10 times by now when I roleplay instead of accepting parole because I'd rather not have the option of getting tracked.

I have video(s) of an undercover Sergeant violating my civilian rights according to the guidebook and paintballing other cops in front of me.

If you guys wanna take away stuff from Civilians maybe you should fix your shitty APD

@Samperino

Nobody gets action taken on them for anything worthwhile.  I report somebody for exploiting and jumping out of a car while restrained and then calling me the N word and they get a verbal warning.  Makes me feel reporting is pretty useless.  Olympus APD Reporting system is definately better and your guys needs some improvement.  If you get reported for an APD violation on that server you have no idea what your punishment is going to be.  on here people know they wont have anything happen to them and if it does its a verabl warning or one point and its pointless so they just go and do it again.

J9HUNNA and Google™ like this
On 2/14/2019 at 3:11 PM, Huntree said:

So we aren’t gonna talked about your admin abusers who don’t care about people scripting in the server when there’s proof of an admin legitimately saying he doesn’t care if a player scripts it in because he already does it but doesn’t ban him!? The fuck would I wanna continue playing in such a corrupt server

On 2/14/2019 at 4:02 PM, Huntree said:

Uh.. I do not know how to tell you that, but the one who sent the Admin message out is the owner.

Also, there is a thing called "sarcasm", that is what happened right there, he was being sarcastic. 

Spek, Rahim, Patato and 1 other like this
8 hours ago, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

Yea there’s more map edits being done 

You guys should try to find new things for rebels to do, yes the new rebels are great but its just a place for rebels to waste money. Why not make new ways for people to make money but make it extremely hard to do. Like we have the option to buy pcp from the drug dealer why cant we make it? You can even use the compound close to sofia rebel that is the fed on other servers. I was even thinking why not use that compound as a place for rebels to go to get high caliber weapons. But i mean who am I to make suggestions, im just a kavala rat living day by day in his house.

9 hours ago, Crossfade said:
11 hours ago, K A Z E M said:

How do i get rubber nowdays? 

running oil.

1. Take a boat to oil rig, get barrel, put barrel in boat, accidentally drop barrel in ocean because 'fucking boats',
2. wait until new barrel, put barrel in boat, take boat to oil processing, disembark boat, get run over by your own boat and die because 'fucking boats',
3. Respawn Athira, drive to boat shop,  repeat step 1 & step 2,  get a lucky disembark,  grab barrel, walk 1 meters per hour to oil processing thing, die again for no fucking reason,
4. Respawn Athira, drive to boat shop, Repeat step, 1, 2, 3 but try not to die, put rubber in boat, take boat back to oil rig, disembark, die again because 'fucking boats',
5. Respawn Athira, Alt F-4, uninstall Arma, carry on with life.

Fixed it.

• 2 weeks later...