[2/14] Server Adjustments - Need Stressing

Jesse

Hey everyone,

I know I haven't communicated a whole lot lately regarding development matters and such. I just want to say that we are actively searching for issues with the mission that could be causing issues with the server performance. However, due to us switching hosts I have been a bit busy getting things prepared and helping with getting things setup for our migration that had occurred. Just want you guys to know that we are doing our best to find issues and resolve them daily. If you have any questions feel free to always shoot me a pm or just ask. I'll answer eventually.

As for changes to the servers the following is going on and we could use your help packing Servers 1 & 2 (Ideally Server 2 first).

Server 1 & 3 - Currently have the same mission file, testing a few small changes. Server 1 has 100 slots though that we would like to fill to stress test.
Server 2 - Currently has a unique mission that is different from 1 & 3. This one has the small changes of 1 & 3 plus another change. This server also has 100 slots that we would like to fill to stress test.

I know it's free weekend and that means shitters flooding the server... So it's understandable if you guys don't want to pop on. I don't blame you, I'd probably venture outside or find something else to be honest. However, if you have a group of people or just some time to waste we would appreciate you hopping on the servers for a bit. This update will likely stay until we do another hotfix or patch. So if you wanna try helping fill next week that's perfectly fine!

We've updated CABS a tad to hopefully catch some more cheaters, however unlikely we'll be able to get all them before they do damage. Over the next few weeks we'll also be working on various security enhancements as well, some things were put on the back burners due to migration and issues with various aspects as we transferred over that took longer than normal.

Any questions? Ask away.

Thanks,
Asylum Development Team

7 hours ago, Scott said:

You said to test 1 and 2, which server is the main priority? Hopefully they will both be full this weekend and we can see some improvements.

Server 2 would have like 15% more priority? lol. Doesn't matter that much. The fixes on S1 & S3 will remain in place permanently. Server 2 just has a few other adjustments that I'm curious about.

Scott likes this
7 hours ago, Big Fred said:

Don't worry. They'll be stress tested enough... Arma is free to play and has 66% off this weekend.

Yeah. However, free weekend also brings cheaters. Which means core players may not play, plus with the Apex game just releasing we know some may be off playing that game pretty hard. I know when I played back when, I'd avoid these weekends...

20 hours ago, Jesse said:

Yeah. However, free weekend also brings cheaters. Which means core players may not play, plus with the Apex game just releasing we know some may be off playing that game pretty hard. I know when I played back when, I'd avoid these weekends...

What if you put a password on the server for the weekend? Only Forums members can get the password? Might not negate all the cheaters but could possibly reduce the number:shrug:

On 2/14/2019 at 4:54 PM, Jesse said:

Why don't you play anymore?

On 2/16/2019 at 5:55 AM, Phil | OG said:

Why don't you play anymore?

Real life commitments. Burnt on the game. The game has also turned more in to people just trying to compare dicks and who can use the better cheats or applications to help them win. It's no longer a game about skill and having fun. It's now just a big dick measuring competition. 

Innate, Xavorey, Slick and 3 others like this