What do I need to build a gaming PC?

Rejhon

I am going to build my first PC and plan to use it mainly for gaming. The PC on the market is more or less unsatisfactory.  But I don't know much about it. If I want a high-end configuration, what should a game PC have? What are the requirements for components, formats and design? I really need your advice.

Thank you a lot!

Update: I have reviewed a lot of information recently. Many people have given me some useful suggestions. I have assembled my first game PC. This seems to be a difficult process. Maybe you have the same idea. I share a very detailed article about what the game PC should have. I look forward to discussing it together.

Edited by Rejhon
Google™ and Russell* like this
19 hours ago, Rejhon said:

I am going to build my first PC and plan to use it mainly for gaming. The PC on the market is more or less unsatisfactory.  But I don't know much about it. If I want a high-end configuration, what should a game PC have? What are the requirements for components, formats and design? I really need your advice.

Thank you a lot!

You do know you're on the internet. There are millions of other places to go for information besides a forum site for a Arma 3 game server. -_-

Slick likes this

Posted this on another thread, maybe you'll find some use for it:

Recently upgraded::::

====

Previous setup :

AMD Phenom II with Gigabyte Mobo

Graphics card: 960 GTX 16 gb MSI Graphics card,

Ram:16 gb DDR 3 ram

Drives: 120 gb Kingston ssd with 2 tb hard disk

USB 3.0 Wireless adapter

====

New Setup:

i7 8,700k (Link: https://www.amazon.com/Intel-i7-8700K-Desktop-Processor-Unlocked/dp/B07598VZR8)

MSI Gaming Performance MOBO

Same graphics card

RAM: 16 gb DDR 4

Drives 500 GB Samsung SSD, same 2 tb Western Digi hard disk

USB 3.1 Wireless adapter

==== 

I have been playing Arma since back in the day when the Dayz mod was first released for Arma 2. Arma 2 ran perfect for me on my previous setup. (DayZ SA ran fine as well)

In Arma 3 I always had an issue with sudden lag (which previously I attributed to wireless lag) and I would just start clipping all over the place (sometimes crashing outright). Never had any sort of issue with any other game, Skyrim ran beautifully while heavily modded for example. Ran all over games on Ultra with no isses.

I did some testing and could see when Arma 3 would crash on me my CPU usage jumped to 100%, so decided to go ahead and upgrade.

And let me tell you.. The comparison is unreal. Feel like im playing a different game now. Previous it rendered really well, no issues with graphics (makes sense with the card) but now this game run so smooth.

I 100% suggest giving the i7 8700k a try. Its expensive but will be a processor that is relevant for at leas the next 5 years or more.

Research also points to Intel running Arma a bit better (Arma also is a CPU intensive game). Keep in mind, you want the CPU processor to be the same manufacturer as the platform your GPU is built on. Meaning if you have a Nvidia card, get an intel processor. If you have AMD, go with AMD cards; this can cause issues utilizing the full potential of your GPU.

22 hours ago, Rejhon said:

Thank you a lot!

Seems like a hot topic lately check out my thread perhaps you may get some ideas about MB's here and there. 

23 hours ago, Rejhon said:

Thank you a lot!

Depends on what you really want to play. At the end of the day if you are looking to play all the new games at max settings and not care about price you could drop $3,000 on a 2080ti, i9 9900k, m.2 ssd, 32gb of ram, etc. But if you want heres a pretty good build and not crazy expensive. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/WPw7jy

You can change the case, cooler, fans, etc to your liking but this is going to be pretty much the average high end gaming build for a while.