Website Help

Dally

If your running it for purchasing items, I would say you should get an SSL certificate. It could also help boost rankings in search engines.

Definitely utilize your space like Clint is saying. I have my own personal/business website and one I manage for my client. If you would like any help/more tips feel free to pm me :3

Keep up the good work!

Dally and Louie like this

I like it to be honest Although  feel like the options for filtering should be stuck to the left side on all pages.

Also i'm not a big fan of the hover over for price i think showing price all the time is usually more convenient as well as being able to change colours of the version of watching other then having to click in. 

Also on the Home page you could have Men's/Women's below best sellers and have best sellers for each Gender.

But it's a nice design nothing about it is "ugly" or badly out of place :) 

.Casper, roomba madness and Dally like this
11 hours ago, Clint Beastwood said:

Pros -

Easy to navigate

Decent pictures

Cons -

Needs color.

Lots of unused space.

Tips: There are social media tools to utilize your instagram to be embedded in your website, snapwidget, juicer etc.  Utilize those tools to lead into your social media, more clicks the better.

Was going for a simple colour scheme just, black/white with a little red, but I'll look into adding more colours.

I know some pages don't have a lot of content so I'll definitely be looking into adding more stuff to fill up the unused space.

Going to be adding snapwidget soontm , didn't even know it existed so thanks!

9 hours ago, WolfLeader said:

If your running it for purchasing items, I would say you should get an SSL certificate. It could also help boost rankings in search engines.

Definitely utilize your space like Clint is saying. I have my own personal/business website and one I manage for my client. If you would like any help/more tips feel free to pm me :3

Keep up the good work!

I have an SSL certificate and I think it's connected but I could be wrong... Does it not show?

I'll be updating the site over the next week or so, and after that I'll definitely PM you to get some more advice!

7 hours ago, Mason Statham said:

I like it to be honest Although  feel like the options for filtering should be stuck to the left side on all pages.

Also i'm not a big fan of the hover over for price i think showing price all the time is usually more convenient as well as being able to change colours of the version of watching other then having to click in. 

Also on the Home page you could have Men's/Women's below best sellers and have best sellers for each Gender.

But it's a nice design nothing about it is "ugly" or badly out of place :) 

On what pages is there filtering not on the left side?

I have been debating that for a while now, whether or not to display the prices all the time.. But I can give it a try. And I have been wanting to have the variations available without having to click on the specific watch but I'm not quite sure how I would implement it, regarding layout specifically.

I'll be adding this soon!

Thanks for all the tips!!

On 2/27/2019 at 7:17 AM, Dally said:

Hey everyone, I have been trying to get into web design and was wondering if I could get some opinions about my website regarding the layout/design, etc. 

Would really appreciate some constructive criticism from either other web developers or anyone who wants to give it a look. 

https://timefoureva.com/

Tbh i only codes backend but have to disagree with Clint. White and black is a solid combo and the 'modern look' is currently the most wanted look people want for their website. The con is this isn't any special ( no offense) there is nothing that stands out. This could be a default bootstrap template. Front end/designers needs to come up with somethig creative which seperates them from the others.

This is an website i created. I did have some input in the design but i had special designers. So don't take front end advice from me but I think it turned out nice.

https://www.gravity.nl

Edited by wollie35
On 2/28/2019 at 4:58 PM, wollie35 said:

Tbh i only codes backend but have to disagree with Clint. White and black is a solid combo and the 'modern look' is currently the most wanted look people want for their website. The con is this isn't any special ( no offense) there is nothing that stands out. This could be a default bootstrap template. Front end/designers needs to come up with somethig creative which seperates them from the others.

This is an website i created. I did have some input in the design but i had special designers. So don't take front end advice from me but I think it turned out nice.

https://www.gravity.nl

Thanks to everyone for the feedback!!

I updated the site with a few of the suggestions in mind. In you guys could take another look I would really appreciate it.

8 hours ago, Dally said:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback!!

I updated the site with a few of the suggestions in mind. In you guys could take another look I would really appreciate it.

I think the site looks really good. It stands out from the more common websites. Idk if the feedback was just about front-end but here is what google found out.

f8c5d8f84de8361c2620d8bc1b59cf5a.png

ca9b1e3e4e24b3fd3573ad2bf4d3ad83.png

site looks very good tho, nice job on front-end. I would never be able to design front-end like this :FeelsBadMan:

Edited by wollie35
Dally likes this