Thread for Un-Popular Opinions and Takes on Asylum

Ive made multiple posts trying to get things changed and nothing ever does. Im finding myself burned out of arma and I wont continue wasting my time playing on a server that is going the same direction with different owners. 

You want to focus on server lag, I dont blame you. But a lot of the changes we ask for are easy to implement even for the contributors. 

Its about time development changes are made through actual discussion between owners, staff, and faction leaders instead of between just the owners and devs.

1 hour ago, Jathansapus said:

Arma 3 still have a vibrate community, filling servers at all times of the day. Asylum population is on the decline....sooo who's fault is it?

Compared to what exactly?  I need to understand your logic better.

To other life servers?  

To our own population compared to last year?  Perhaps other years? 

Just now, Clint Beastwood said:

Compared to what exactly?  I need to understand your logic better.

To other life servers?  

To our own population compared to last year?  Perhaps other years?

Can't really have a conversation or give my insight when my responses need to be approved before someone sees them. 

1 hour ago, TRYHARD said:

Ive made multiple posts trying to get things changed and nothing ever does. Im finding myself burned out of arma and I wont continue wasting my time playing on a server that is going the same direction with different owners. 

You want to focus on server lag, I dont blame you. But a lot of the changes we ask for are easy to implement even for the contributors. 

Its about time development changes are made through actual discussion between owners, staff, and faction leaders instead of between just the owners and devs.

I will explain why we can't make consistent changes over and over.

1. We make a mission file change, people download that change, that alone puts additional stress on an already bad problem.

2. We arent going to just jump at EVERY single change.  We test and check if its feasible, if it is we implement it.  Have you seen your fucking change logs in 2 months worth of time? Same direction or is everyone just as impatient as a gnat?

3.  Development changes  - https://gyazo.com/c9914984aed343b70953d90e9ab2ea74

I dont think we need faction leaders yet.... we still have a lot to implement.  But then again you're one foot out the door so I should've just left this alone but I felt compelled.

Samperino, Huan Lee and Maaqs like this
1 hour ago, TRYHARD said:

Crying like a child doesnt get you what you want.  No one really cares to hear you whine about everything kid.

Just now, Clint Beastwood said:

I wont go against my business partners wish to keep you mod-queued.  But I can assure you I can answer all your questions.

What have I done to be mod qued other than post a legitimate thread that was taken down time and time again with no ownership of who was taking them down. I broke no rules and spoke no ill towards the server or community, yet here I am, censored. Pathetic 

2 minutes ago, Jathansapus said:

What have I done to be mod qued other than post a legitimate thread that was taken down time and time again with no ownership of who was taking them down. I broke no rules and spoke no ill towards the server or community, yet here I am, censored. Pathetic 

You are straying off topic here.  I asked a question to help answer your question.  

The only thing pathetic right now is the fact you think being "mod-queued" is some how censoring what you say.  I've approved each post and I will continue to do so as long as it stays on topic and doesn't resort to sixth grade antics.  As far as being removed from modqueue you can take that up with my business partner.

I think one of Asylum's appeals has always been that it is a simpler server. Simple menus, simple map, simple things to do. My only complaint is that sometimes it feels much less like a Life server and more like a wannabe esports cartel warrior server, but that is moreso an issue with the people that play here than it is the server itself. In general maybe Civ life is less developed than on other servers and that could be making things feel stale? Really not sure xd just a troll 

matey likes this
20 minutes ago, Jathansapus said:

Also, this is very on topic. Asylum is losing a community base due to poor server performance that frankly will never be resolved, terrible administrative decisions (i.e. censorship, favoritism, etc), and basically zero new innovative gameplay in comparison to other life mods. Olympus literally doubles your numbers with 1 less server, Republic-life has provided far better aspects to their server than Asylum, and y'all act as if everything is peachy. You and your administrative team have literally 180'ed my view and support of Asylum in a couple hours and I now see what everyone is saying. Nothing has changed, it's the same old asylum, and it was overall a bad business move. 

How do YOU think Asylum will bounce back from your declining numbers? Modqueue somemore people?

So you're comparing us to the other life servers.

Understandable.  Lets acknowledge the fact that Olympus also has three servers, one comes up at certain times and goes offline also to combine everyone into two servers.  We were going to do the same thing, but, I was bombarded with upset players on the fact that the housing, precincts and gangs dedicated to that server arent accessible to everyone.  So for the sake OF the players we kept it up.  

Also - we went back and revisited EVERY ban that wished to be reviewed when we took ownership.  We gave nearly everyone a chance to prove to us that they deserved another chance.  Something that all other life servers laughed at us for.... only for them to do the same a couple weeks later.

It is hard to take an innovative approach to a life server that everyone has fond memories of and returns to for nostalgia.  You tweak too many things and you risk backlash in other forms.  So you pick and choose at the ideas with the least resistance - we made some mistakes with some changes, and moved those back due to popular opinion.  I'm sure once stability resumes or gets better we can start bringing more things on with fresh eyes again. 

Nothing is peachy, as you can clearly see, we know our issues - we know the problems and they are being addressed.  

I'm sorry that you feel the way you do about the administrative team.  Everyone has their own experiences with that - you may have been swept up in all of this wrongly or maybe approached your own situation hastily.  I'm sure in due time things will unravel as they should.  If we lost you as a player, that sucks, but I hope you find somewhere that fits your own play style.

As for my thoughts on everything?  

I'm going to stay the course with development team and strive for stability.  We have another large patch with some fixes.  We already have content and ideas listed from immediate need to 4 months+ out.  Some content is already underway, some of the content may undermine our stability - it is a balancing act..

52 minutes ago, Clint Beastwood said:

So you're comparing us to the other life servers.

Understandable.  Lets acknowledge the fact that Olympus also has three servers, one comes up at certain times and goes offline also to combine everyone into two servers.  We were going to do the same thing, but, I was bombarded with upset players on the fact that the housing, precincts and gangs dedicated to that server arent accessible to everyone.  So for the sake OF the players we kept it up.  

You were bombarded because you would log on at random times and say "Everyone store your shit the servers shutting down in 10 minutes". If there is a set schedule like its up Noon to Midnight PST and up all day Friday, Saturday, and Sunday there wouldn't be issues. 

The reality is kids grind money all night with no cops on. They sell it to people for cheap and then cops rightfully complain that its a driving sim because no one makes money during the day.

As part of the 90th percentile that Plays Asylum for everything it has to offer (grinding money, fighting cops, taking cartels, and just downtime trolling) I have to say that I’m happy with what has been done since new ownership.

those of you in the 10% will NEVER be happy.  You ask and ask and ask, and when given something, you burn it to the ground.

so, it’s simple, shut the fuck up and play the game.  Or shut the fuck up and uninstall ARMA.

Fried Rice likes this
3 minutes ago, •ÐŠ• cHIP oTLE said:

As part of the 90th percentile that Plays Asylum for everything it has to offer (grinding money, fighting cops, taking cartels, and just downtime trolling) I have to say that I’m happy with what has been done since new ownership.

those of you in the 10% will NEVER be happy.  You ask and ask and ask, and when given something, you burn it to the ground.

so, it’s simple, shut the fuck up and play the game.  Or shut the fuck up and uninstall ARMA.

The year is 2023. Asylum has come to a natural end. Drunk Squad are the only remaining players. Each DS player has 100 million dollars in the bank. They continue to spout "N-NINTY NINTH P-P-PERCENTILE" as they fire RPGs at the two cops who still play. After successfully bribing 2 more cops to get on, they congratulate themselves on a successful bank by running more meth and posting RPG clips on the forums.

All is well for DS.

Fried Rice, Masonn, Nubis and 4 others like this