Server uptime change

@Mitch (IFRIT) @Leady

So, as we know, there’s server performance issues due to memory being used up by something.

what if for a test, we change server uptime from 180 minutes to 120 minutes or so and see if that has positive results.

Hopefully, the only thing that would need changed would be turf times.

We could possibly get back to a state of hard restarts only necessary every 3 restarts.

let me know what you think.

35 minutes ago, •ÐŠ• cHIP oTLE said:

Nothing takes 3 hours to accomplish, so I don’t see why not...

Thats not 100% the point.  I could be doing some fun shit and have that shitty retart timer pop up.  I could be capping cartels and wont get finished.  I could be trying to do a fed or bank and it pops up. 2 hours is to short ESPECIALLY for the fill up on fed and bank

Donald likes this
29 minutes ago, • B A R K I N • said:

If it means never having another hard-crash, I am willing to put up with two hour restarts until the underlying issues are addressed.

The main reason that I don't believe this will work. Is that with every change. We have to put it to test. Sadly, every thing that had a easy button on it has been changed. There is some different monitoring going on the back end on the servers that I dont understand.  But it's my impression that these are different tools they are using to better understand crashes when they do happen. If we alternate to a different amount of time between restarts. Our results may be skewed. 

I am a firm believer that hard restarts make a difference with performance. Consider it from this perspective, all exile servers hard restart every restart. King of the hill servers hard restart every other restart (I think?) and many other life servers do the same yet they don't suffer from the same problems we do. When they first introduced only hard restarts, the performance change is noticeable but it's certainly not the fix we have been waiting for. Considering the minor inconvenience we would have to deal with, I think it is worth it especially when you think about how your vehicles don't even always save through soft restarts.