Rebel Infamy Idea

Infamy Talent Drones  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Should Rebels be able to buy drones like SGT+ when they have a 50k infamy talent

SGT+ can get drones and use them all the time, and the infamy tree sucks.  So, an idea towards better infamy talents could be making a new branch and the end thing for 50k infamy is the ability for rebels to buy drones.  Because cop items are reduced they could be 7500 for the drone and maybe 1000 or some shit for the UAV controller.  

I don't see a problem with rebels having drones for that price since the infamy tree is shit atm and drones are easily seen at 500m if you think they are there.

@Jesse @BaDaBiNg_10-8 @Clint Beastwood @Mitch (IFRIT) @Leady

Edited by ItsFevver
GravL likes this

I like this idea. In my opinion this should have been something added a while back. I do think that with this new infamy talent tree we could add a purchasable drone talent. This would be very useful at banks feds and prisons as it would allow for very important information. Drones are very rare as it is on the cop side and I think that rebels could have access as well. I would raise the price though because I can also see from the cop side how this would make it strong. I would be ok with a price of 20-25k. This means it would have a bigger cost for the rebels to use and you would have to be good at operating a drone to not get it shot down. 

GravL, Sliick and Virrx like this
11 minutes ago, •ÐŠ• Mason said:

I would raise the price though because I can also see from the cop side how this would make it strong. I would be ok with a price of 20-25k. This means it would have a bigger cost for the rebels to use and you would have to be good at operating a drone to not get it shot down. 

At first I didn't like the price being that high because its like buying another whole gear set in a sense but I mean if that is what gets it added then why not.

Mason likes this

If you where to make them like 60-100k each, then I'd be for them. But if they're only like 30k, then hahahaha no. They give people the option to have an extra set of eyes in the sky and would cause for things like Meth to be camped stupid, but maybe that's what asylum needs. 

Just now, Twinkie said:

If you where to make them like 60-100k each, then I'd be for them. But if they're only like 30k, then hahahaha no. They give people the option to have an extra set of eyes in the sky and would cause for things like Meth to be camped stupid, but maybe that's what asylum needs. 

I wouldn't make them as much or more than an RPG.

Sliick likes this
9 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

100k for a drone that can be shot down with 1 bullet? you arnt the smartest are you

Big Fred, Sliick, Masonn and 3 others like this
32 minutes ago, TRYHARD said:

100k for a drone that can be shot down with 1 bullet? you arnt the smartest are you

Thats what I said.  A rook can 1 tap it at 500m if you know how to aim.  I guess people dont understand that 2 loadouts is to much for a piece of plastic with a camera

42 minutes ago, TRYHARD said:

9 minutes ago, ItsFevver said:

Thats what I said.  A rook can 1 tap it at 500m if you know how to aim.  I guess people dont understand that 2 loadouts is to much for a piece of plastic with a camera

60k for something that should never get shot down? People shouldn't even know that it is there, ever. 

rebels will be using this one way or another like getting eyes on a cartel before pushing to see the weakspot of a gangs formation or invading drug locations everytime they see someone sergeants have limits to their drones for cartels and drug locations rebels dont it takes along time to get sergeant it should take the same amount of time or more to get the drone for rebel and people that grind can get 50k infamy way faster then the time it would take to get sergeant

Edited by Slave 1
1 minute ago, Slave 1 said:

rebels will be using this one way or another like getting eyes on a cartel before pushing to see the weakspot of a gangs formation or invading drug locations everytime they see someone there sergeants have limits to their drones for cartels and drug locations rebels dont it takes along time to get sergeant it should take the same amount of time or more to get the drone for rebel and people that grind can get 50k infamy way faster then the time it would take to get sergeant

SGT+ have no limits on drones.  Or helicopters.  Rebels would need to grind the 2k 10k 25k talent before getting the 50k Infamy drone.  Thats 87000 infamy.  Capping a cartel gived 200 infamy so I would have to cap 435 cartels, thats 147 hours of capping cartels.  Maybe even make it to where you need multiple 25k talents so it takes even longer.  But I think the infamy tree needs a buff and this is a perfect rewarding branch for the tree.

People on this server need to be rewarded for the grind and this is a great incentive to start grinding.  Like Apex Predator is for Bounty Hunters

Virrx and Big Fred like this
1 hour ago, ItsFevver said:

Mind explaining the problems with the system and I could try and help the solution

I can not speak for Mitch but I can tell you why I don't think this would be a good idea.

• With one drone I can watch all Pyrgos side drug fields. If I so desired I could stop anyone from ever running a single drug on that side for the entire restart. Now think about rebels having the ability to stop all drug runs whenever they feel like it.
  • You say they can be shot down with a single pistol shot and you are correct. However, I have never had a drone shot down that was not under 75m or taking off. I generally keep my drone "low" at about 200m. With a mediocre computer I can have my drone high enough people will never notice it unless they know exactly where it is, and even then it can be hard (speaking from experience shooting down bugged drones). You could always safely launch a drone by being in a secluded area or having gang mates to protect it.
  • While there are no hard rules on drones for sgt+ there are actually soft rules we are expected to abide by. Things like not camping drug areas and using them to harass civilians. Rules like this would be rather hard to enforce on rebels.

Personally, I don't use a drone really unless it at a Bank, Prison or Fed. I will very rarely use them in a chase if it happens to be nearby, we have no air unit and we lose the suspect. This is because they really are extremely powerful tools.

Edited by bbgreg17
Twinkie, Azeh, Huan Lee and 1 other like this
29 minutes ago, bbgreg17 said:

With one drone I can watch all Pyrgos side drug fields. If I so desired I could stop anyone from ever running a single drug on that side for the entire restart. Now think about rebels having the ability to stop all drug runs whenever they feel like it.

I see the upper hand in knowing people are doing drug runs.  However, rebels can already go and stop all drug runs anyways.  There is a little trick by checking your phone and if drug cartel goes up a little bit before it gets depoed into gang account that means someone is doing some type of drug.  By seeing how much that goes up by hints at what it is.  Now, with the amount of infamy needed to get this I feel it is a rewarding grind that keeps people playing and having fun which is the point to having good infamy talents.

32 minutes ago, bbgreg17 said:

You say they can be shot down with a single pistol shot and you are correct. However, I have never had a drone shot down that was not under 75m or taking off. I generally keep my drone "low" at about 200m. With a mediocre computer I can have my drone high enough people will never notice it unless they know exactly where it is, and even then it can be hard (speaking from experience shooting down bugged drones). You could always safely launch a drone by being in a secluded area or having gang mates to protect it.

So I see what you mean by having it so high people wont notice although, this is generally already a thing people know of and don't have a problem with for lets say cops at bank or fed.  Cops use drones and civs never usually know but it doesn't come down to the drone being the deciding factor. It comes down to the fight.  I can have a drone and spot someone on a spot and I go push them but that does not mean they die.  The drone doesn't mean that person dies the combat does.  Yes drones are easy to shoot down which is why it should be 50k or whatever because thats to much to lose for something like that but I do agree they can be hard to spot if not looking for them.  But again a very worthy reward for such a grind and playing the server.

37 minutes ago, bbgreg17 said:

While there are no hard rules on drones for sgt+ there are actually soft rules we are expected to abide by. Things like not camping drug areas and using them to harass civilians. Rules like this would be rather hard to enforce on rebels.

Well yea cops do have rules like going to drug fields every so often and rebels can go whenever they want.  Thats what divides the two.  The rebels do the crazy shit they do and the cops stop them but in a mannerly order following the guidelines.  That's always how its been and I don't think civs should have to follow any type of rule for drones at specific areas like cops because that isn't how its ever been for anything

25 minutes ago, ItsFevver said:

I see the upper hand in knowing people are doing drug runs.  However, rebels can already go and stop all drug runs anyways.  There is a little trick by checking your phone and if drug cartel goes up a little bit before it gets depoed into gang account that means someone is doing some type of drug.  By seeing how much that goes up by hints at what it is.  Now, with the amount of infamy needed to get this I feel it is a rewarding grind that keeps people playing and having fun which is the point to having good infamy talents.

I think you misunderstand me. I can know 100% of the time every single time someone enters the areas. If I was to sit on my drone, no one would ever be able to collect so much as a jeep of ephedra before getting busted. There is no questioning the market, oh did someone have some stored or are they doing a run, are they going to do another? I know 100% they are there right now.

If you have a group of 6+ rebels you would be able to screw over every single civ running drugs. All you have to do is wait till they are at processor, go in, kill them and take their stuff. You would be able to do this to every single person running drugs in Pyrgos. There is no way to counter, you can't even hide if they lock the camera on to you.

Yes, you can argue that skill comes in to being able to kill people but having an eye in the sky that you can have displayed on the side of your screen is really powerful.

IF drones where ever to be given to rebels, I feel strongly that at the very least terminals would have to be illegal and seized by officers anytime someone is caught with one.

Sliick likes this
3 minutes ago, bbgreg17 said:

I think you misunderstand me. I can know 100% of the time every single time someone enters the areas. If I was to sit on my drone, no one would ever be able to collect so much as a jeep of ephedra before getting busted. There is no questioning the market, oh did someone have some stored or are they doing a run, are they going to do another? I know 100% they are there right now.

If you have a group of 6+ rebels you would be able to screw over every single civ running drugs. All you have to do is wait till they are at processor, go in, kill them and take their stuff. You would be able to do this to every single person running drugs in Pyrgos. There is no way to counter, you can't even hide if they lock the camera on to you.

Yes, you can argue that skill comes in to being able to kill people but having an eye in the sky that you can have displayed on the side of your screen is really powerful.

IF drones where ever to be given to rebels, I feel strongly that at the very least terminals would have to be illegal and seized by officers anytime someone is caught with one.

As far as the terminal goes being illegal.  I am 100% ok with that, in fact, I highly encourage it as its a rebel perk/item and rebel shit is illegal.  Yes, I misunderstood your earlier comment.  Now I see a problem,

So, obviously having a server rule where the drone cant be used to excessively camp drugs is hard to enforce and prove it's happening.  I don't have any ideas on how to combat that problem.  However, I don't think this alone should push the idea completely away as it is a great way to get people playing the servers, doing shit, fighting, grinding, etc.  The current talent tree is horrible and new ideas need to come into play and I think the drone being able to be purchased by rebels after grinding out 87k+ infamy is very worth it.

This may be stupid but, there could be a thing where the drone is illegal too and if a cop sees a drone they can ask through group if any higher up has a drone over location x and if not they can shoot it down.  Then obviously it's not "rdm" if a civ or anyone else shoots a drone down.  That's just an extra precaution to having a drone up

33 minutes ago, ItsFevver said:

The current talent tree is horrible and new ideas need to come into play

I do not fault you there. I also by no means mean to discourage you from making suggestions for new/better infamy perks. Simply wanted to give you a view of what is possible on Asylum with drones!

Sliick likes this
1 hour ago, bbgreg17 said:

I do not fault you there. I also by no means mean to discourage you from making suggestions for new/better infamy perks. Simply wanted to give you a view of what is possible on Asylum with drones!

A very much appreciate commenting your concerns and bringing to light the problems with implementing the system so people can better see the ups and downs

bbgreg17 likes this

Can we get this changed for 20% less jail time. A lot of people like going for a big bounty

b7574347c36adebb20e8c626de4fafcb.png

Also switch the gas station robbery ones out for something else its useless no one robs gas stations

557d5a9e21cecfa14e1701ae25252c84.png

This needs to be buffed to 30% or it should buff the gathering of all meth ingredients by 10%. Currently it only increases the speed of gathering for a meth run by 3.33%

dd6b0d9105be04d936878b5c937c40db.png

Ya'll hating on drones seems to forget one thing that's really essential if anybody's gonna use drones to camp meth lab "all the time":

It takes patience to sit there and stare at the screen waiting for some guy in his jeep to show up.

Being the meth lab drone guy will be fun for about ten minutes, after that it gets boring real quick.

Most rebel players on Asylum have the attention span of a squirrel anyway. I don't really see much of a problem with having drones added to one of the 50k infamy perks.

24 minutes ago, Big Fred said:

Ya'll hating on drones seems to forget one thing that's really essential if anybody's gonna use drones to camp meth lab "all the time":

It takes patience to sit there and stare at the screen waiting for some guy in his jeep to show up.

Being the meth lab drone guy will be fun for about ten minutes, after that it gets boring real quick.

Most rebel players on Asylum have the attention span of a squirrel anyway. I don't really see much of a problem with having drones added to one of the 50k infamy perks.

You do understand that people will just check it every 5 minutes or so while it just hovers above, then when someone shows up they will clap them. 

Edit: If this was added your prices listed above are broken. It should cost wayyyy more than 7.5k for the drone.

Edited by .Jackson Smith

Civ drones will never happen...huge price or not it has the ability to break so much server side rules and shit if civs have drones... rules will have to be re written, new rules, old rules deleted so much shit to learn and forget its more hassle than its worth... are you telling me you would run meth if you know someone is on the server who EVERY DAY has a drone over meth? no fucking way you would run meth... its never going to happen lol

6 hours ago, TRYHARD said:

Can we get this changed for 20% less jail time. A lot of people like going for a big bounty

b7574347c36adebb20e8c626de4fafcb.png

Also switch the gas station robbery ones out for something else its useless no one robs gas stations

557d5a9e21cecfa14e1701ae25252c84.png

This needs to be buffed to 30% or it should buff the gathering of all meth ingredients by 10%. Currently it only increases the speed of gathering for a meth run by 3.33%

dd6b0d9105be04d936878b5c937c40db.png

Gas station robbery ones should be changed to bank of altis / fed buffs, also take away those dam and vans so people will actually do fed because right now fed is dead content.

8 hours ago, .Jackson Smith said:

You do understand that people will just check it every 5 minutes or so while it just hovers above, then when someone shows up they will clap them. 

Edit: If this was added your prices listed above are broken. It should cost wayyyy more than 7.5k for the drone.

I don't think you have ever really camped meth lab. 

I used to live at meth lab. Camping meth lab was all I did for quite some time.
When camping meth lab you leave the small fish in the ocean and wait for the whales to show up.
There's no use nabbing anything smaller than a Box Truck, it's just not worth the time and effort, since it will deter the whales from even showing up.
Especially so, if you have a group of rebels on stand-by and somebody paid 30k for a UAV... you'll want the big payday.

All the UAV's would do, is make stupid people loose their shit more often than smart people and to be honest, that's something I would advocate.

To add another con to the running list is the possibility for VDM with the drones. People could make the argument "for the cost why would I VDM with the drone?" View this from an admin perspective, investigating such an offense makes for a greater challenge as no player name is attached to the drone like driving a vehicle currently on the server. Having the admins to check every player to see if they can figure out who was operating the drone adds many extra layers to the report. This is not the case with cop as it is behind a rank and side which drops the list of possible suspects to only a handful. 

roomba madness likes this