Need a New PC

Mayhem

21 hours ago, Nomadox said:

Unfortunately, with arma 3 being the game that it is, benchmarks like these are often of little significance to how a CPU actually performs when in a 100 player server sat in Kavala or on Arms dealer w 5000 cars laying around. I was joking about 8600k being better than the 9900k, although I do believe it comes at a better value(8600k costs only about 44% of the 9900k’s price, but still has around 85% the arma performance of the 9900k). I do think, however, that it is an interesting and relevant conversation to have concerning the inaccuracy and difficulty of performing a proper arma 3 benchmark. Being unable to simulate the wide range of possible high-load situations in arma 3 means that when buying products with this game in mind, consumers may often buy a machine far underpowered to what they need for a positive experiance. Kinda fucked, just a thought. On my phone so sorry for shit grammar

To add on, these benchmarks are not done on a multiplayer setting if you even watch videos that correspond with these benchmarks, they play the first few minutes in the ARMA III campaign " The East Wind ". We all know this isn't going to line up with Asylum performance being in a multiplayer setting with a large amount of players being online as well. I run a 9700k right now with a 2080 and honestly, I have difficulty keeping a steady 60 ( but I play on a 4K Res typically ), even when pushed down to 1080 or 1440, I still dont perform anywhere near those benchmarks in a situation with players nearby or in a fight.

Ghouh likes this
38 minutes ago, Reformed Rake said:

To add on, these benchmarks are not done on a multiplayer setting if you even watch videos that correspond with these benchmarks, they play the first few minutes in the ARMA III campaign " The East Wind ". We all know this isn't going to line up with Asylum performance being in a multiplayer setting with a large amount of players being online as well. I run a 9700k right now with a 2080 and honestly, I have difficulty keeping a steady 60 ( but I play on a 4K Res typically ), even when pushed down to 1080 or 1440, I still dont perform anywhere near those benchmarks in a situation with players nearby or in a fight.

That's just down to your settings then, I hover around 90-140 in most places unless there's a lot of smokes (bank prison fed cartels etc), 7700k @ 5ghz & 1060

27 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

That's just down to your settings then, I hover around 90-140 in most places unless there's a lot of smokes (bank prison fed cartels etc), 7700k @ 5ghz & 1060

Ye i play on higher settings because well.. I paid for a high end rig.I don't overclock though, once I run my hardline loop I will start clocking it up