Why No Rangefinders?

Rangefinders?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Rangefinders?

25 minutes ago, Spek said:

My amazing emmersion is that im a bad ass navigation expert and I use my map, compass, GPS and calculate distances on the fly with my binos!

CTRL+M    Right click marker and boom!

Im not sure what kinda maps you use in real life where you point your finger on it and a distance pops up.

Refresh my memory does the rangefinder have thermals? If so Paratus was super anti anything with thermals, but the drone oddly enough was okay.

If it doesn't I don't see any reason not to have them. You can already range pretty easily with marking the map just makes it a simpler process with RF's. 

Now if we could just get tac pings....

2 minutes ago, Leady said:

Refresh my memory does the rangefinder have thermals? If so Paratus was super anti anything with thermals, but the drone oddly enough was okay.

If it doesn't I don't see any reason not to have them. You can already range pretty easily with marking the map just makes it a simpler process with RF's. 

Now if we could just get tac pings....

Paratus is gone.

1 hour ago, Leady said:

Then I see no reason not to add them. +1

Leady please tell me this isn't happening Rod is right there is no point.  Leave a little "skill" and let people learn to use the marker

57 minutes ago, Rodrigo said:

Don't see any reason to bring them in tbh. Using the ingame marker works fine to get the range

Gagss, Rodrigo, Huan Lee and 1 other like this
13 hours ago, ItsFevver said:

Leady please tell me this isn't happening Rod is right there is no point.  Leave a little "skill" and let people learn to use the marker

What skill, all it does is waste time. This server is pretty realistic for the most part and clicking on a map to get range doesn't quite fit that.