Player Name change (updated character list)

Hello all,

I have made a change to the player name system for the server. Moving forward there are going to be some limits to the characters that can be used in your name. This is being done to prevent issues on the back end of things. Below is a list of characters that will be allowed. 

' !"#$%&'()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?@ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ[\]^_`abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz{|}~

Thank you,

Mitch

TL;DR so far for everyone:

• Database issues have caused a need for restrictive names at this time.
       -  Such issues cause inaccessibility to needed player based data due to special characters being used in one's name.
  • In the future, we may see an increase in the inclusion of Special ASCII Characters again if development sees a solution to the issue
  • Although everyone seems upset about this change, it is for the betterment of the server/community.
  • Give the development team time to test out with this issue and we will see increased availability of special characters once again.

VIET-CONG now are being held accountable for their player actions... legit their whole names were ASCII -- they were probably like ninjas on the database, toxic ninjas that is.

Edited by Ron Johnson
Just now, MetelChest said:

WTF this is one of the worst things that this sever has done people make there tag and it becomes a part of them you cant just take that.

The issues it causes were enough for me to implement it. I know it sucks for the gangs. But when it comes to player data, I would rather be safe than sorry. 

this is an example of what happens. ?�?�      That's a problem. 

45 minutes ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

The issues it causes were enough for me to implement it. I know it sucks for the gangs. But when it comes to player data, I would rather be safe than sorry. 

this is an example of what happens. ?�?�      That's a problem. 

Require people to have at least 3 letters from the above mentioned list if its only a matter of searching their data. 

I know why it has to be done but its so fucking retarded.

Rangefinders? and now this.  Olympus 2.0

Adding GOOD features of Olympus isnt copying it.  Its making Asylum better.  But the useless shit like range finders or the shit no one wants like the restricted characters? Garbage

Edited by ItsFevver
5 minutes ago, ItsFevver said:

I know why it has to be done but its so fucking retarded.

Rangefinders? and now this.  Olympus 2.0

Adding GOOD features of Olympus isnt copying it.  Its making Asylum better.  But the useless shit like range finders or the shit no one wants like the restricted characters? Garbage

hush you're embarrassing yourself

EthanS, Big Fred, Sliick and 1 other like this
Just now, •ÐŠ• Randy said:

I am going to add some more of those to the filter. I wanted to start with what I listed, test and go from there. the theory is that our system should display all those without an issue. But i'm going to verify. stay tuned!