Player Name change (updated character list)

3 hours ago, Mayhem said:

Some tags and character can cause a players data to not save properly. Big deal you have to change your tag. Maybe In the future it will return

It actually is a big deal to some gangs, Its not to you cause nobody can stand to have you around in a gang for more than a few weeks so you arent attached to a tag.
I understand you are trying to uuh.. IcyGenerousDromaeosaur-size_restricted.g  mr support member 
But if you are gonna try climb that admin ladder, you gotta realize it actually matters what the members of the community think and care about regardless of your own feelings, ya tit. 

Edited by DS_Billy
TRYHARD, Boonie Hat, Vhasj and 9 others like this
3 minutes ago, DS_Billy said:

It actually is a big deal to some gangs, Its not to you cause nobody can stand to have you around in a gang for more than a few weeks. 
I understand you are trying to uuh.. IcyGenerousDromaeosaur-size_restricted.g  mr support member 
But if you are gonna try climb that admin ladder it actually matters what the members of the community think and care about regardless of your own feelings, ya tit. 

Don’t get so attached to letters in your name. 

:shrug:

Scott likes this
10 minutes ago, Mayhem said:

Don’t get so attached to letters in your name. 

:shrug:

Its about what those letters stand for and mean, some of us have played under the same tag for years,
No different to what this means to me new_york_giants.png
Its not the end of the world by any means and i understand why they are changing it.  

When you sit there and tell people a blanket "get over it so what who cares" as if you are big dick mcgee, it amplifies what an enormous anus you are to the rest of the community.

And ya dont want that. 

Edited by DS_Billy
Voni, Maaqs and TRYHARD like this
Just now, DS_Billy said:

Its about what those letters stand for and mean, some of us have played under the same tag for years, its not the end of the world by any means and i understand why they are changing it.  

When you sit there and tell people a blanket "get over it so what who cares" as if you are big dick mcgee, it amplifies what an enormous anus you are to the rest of the community.

And ya dont want that. 

They might have it return in the future. Who knows. Will just have to be patient and wait it out. 

9 hours ago, Mayhem said:

Some tags and character can cause a players data to not save properly. Big deal you have to change your tag. Maybe In the future it will return

I probably couldn't have said this better myself. Emphasis on the:

Maybe In the future it will return

As well as:

Big deal you have to change your tag.

They're letters. It will be fine in the long run. Take a breather, relax, and live through it.

Let's be clear as well, changes like this don't happen with an ease of mind. Nobody is thinking, "who cares about them?"

(The above is my personal opinion and does not reflect the rest of the staff team - FYI).

Mayhem likes this
1 hour ago, Samperino said:

I probably couldn't have said this better myself. Emphasis on the:

Maybe In the future it will return

As well as:

Big deal you have to change your tag.

They're letters. It will be fine in the long run. Take a breather, relax, and live through it.

Let's be clear as well, changes like this don't happen with an ease of mind. Nobody is thinking, "who cares about them?"

(The above is my personal opinion and does not reflect the rest of the staff team - FYI).

Same thing i said to mayhem, you guys dont do gang life so dont sit here and talk as if people are over reacting because something that people care about was taken away. 

People are perfectly in the right to express their opinion on this being annoying for them if they want to. To say "big deal" is to brush peoples worrys aside as if its an overreaction, its not. 

bunni, FudgeR, X Jake and 6 others like this
24 minutes ago, DS_Billy said:

Same thing i said to mayhem, you guys dont do gang life so dont sit here and talk as if people are over reacting because something that people care about was taken away. 

People are perfectly in the right to express their opinion on this being annoying for them if they want to. To say "big deal" is to brush peoples worrys aside as if its an overreaction, its not. 

First and last time i agree with you! 

Batcan, wollie35 and Vlad like this
3 hours ago, Google™ said:

So @Mitch (IFRIT) if this was an issue that caused data to be lost and/or corrupted why wasn’t anything done sooner? Why now? If it’s as big of a problem as you make it seem I’m sure Paratus would’ve wanted it fixed because that would affect his money as it would affect the server.

Babs used to prevent some characters at one point. Now using batttlemetrics to limit it is streamlined. As far as why something was not done before, I'm not sure. It always been a issue. But then again, we didnt use batttlemetrics for much other than the rcon tool. As time goes on, we find more solutions to common problems we have had for a while. There are a few others major servers that do the same thing. I reached out to them and received some help on getting the regex set up correctly. But hopefully this limit wont be forever. I'm positive that in that list, there are a ton of ways to make your gang tag unique. 

Maaqs, Marlowe and Google™ like this
1 hour ago, DS_Billy said:

^ facts 

rather than blindly taking apart asylums features to make it something new and improved. How about you actually make something new

Edited by X Jake
IAmLegion likes this

14 hours ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

The issues it causes were enough for me to implement it. I know it sucks for the gangs. But when it comes to player data, I would rather be safe than sorry. 

this is an example of what happens. ?�?�      That's a problem. 

Looks like an encoding problem. Shouldn't be that difficult to fix.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• where are my ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

18 hours ago, MetelChest said:

All im saying is players have made a name for them self by there tags we you see that DS you know who they Are or VC. when you take that away it doesn't give the gang that satisfaction of ya I just killed all those cops and if people see my tag there going to know it  

its a tag, who cares -_-

5 hours ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

Babs used to prevent some characters at one point. Now using batttlemetrics to limit it is streamlined. As far as why something was not done before, I'm not sure. It always been a issue. But then again, we didnt use batttlemetrics for much other than the rcon tool. As time goes on, we find more solutions to common problems we have had for a while. There are a few others major servers that do the same thing. I reached out to them and received some help on getting the regex set up correctly. But hopefully this limit wont be forever. I'm positive that in that list, there are a ton of ways to make your gang tag unique. 

ok, but why now? It wasn't deemed a large problem years ago, nor was it last week.

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 6:33 PM, Ron Johnson said:

TL;DR so far for everyone:

• Database issues have caused a need for restrictive names at this time.
       -  Such issues cause inaccessibility to needed player based data due to special characters being used in one's name.
  • In the future, we may see an increase in the inclusion of Special ASCII Characters again if development sees a solution to the issue
  • Although everyone seems upset about this change, it is for the betterment of the server/community.
  • Give the development team time to test out with this issue and we will see increased availability of special characters once again.

VIET-CONG now are being held accountable for their player actions... legit their whole names were ASCII -- they were probably like ninjas on the database

Actually, when we are THE BLACK BASTARDS we never use special characters in any letters and anyone in VC that has bounty boosted or anything else has been banned while we were VC with the special letters, so stop making comments out of your ass moron. By the way, how did that Adrenaline shot exploit workout for you? 

Kawaii and 王 rando 王 like this
11 hours ago, PENIS PUMP BANDIT said:

Actually, when we are THE BLACK BASTARDS we never use special characters in any letters and anyone in VC that has bounty boosted or anything else has been banned while we were VC with the special letters, so stop making comments out of your ass moron. By the way, how did that Adrenaline shot exploit workout for you? 

Adrenaline shot exploit? I think you're mistaken buddy boy. Should stop using the special characters, it seems to be messing up your brains database

Le Razoir likes this