Downing weapons nerf

31 minutes ago, Jeff_ said:

Keep the current system, do not nerf! It is hard enough bounty hunting solo against rebels by roaching, take this for an example:

You should have died, I hit you atleast 4-5 times. but no 1 lucky shot you land and you all of a sudden get a full down.

6 hours ago, DeSt said:

They honestly need one. They can legit one shot you while it might take several shots of a lethal to take someone out. Atleast give them a maximum effective range or something. 

Try downing a kid on top of bank using an MXM that has carryalls, a lvl 3 vest and a helmet it takes up to 4 shots sometimes. Stop being a bot and learn how to dodge a bullet 

Fried Rice likes this

It's definitely really frustrating to be downed by someone in 1-2 shots because it's downing (I don't know about the inner workings of the script I'm sure there's something I'm missing)

But, as someone who's played as much cop/bh as rebel, it's equally frustrating to get 1 tapped by an mk while your 3-4 downing chest shots are useless against an armor stacking rebel.

Maaqs likes this

To the best of my knowledge the downing script works like this. When you get hit it checks to see if your health drops below I think it’s 5% and if so then you are downed. If not then you’re not downed. I haven’t looked at the client side script in a while but that’s what I remember it being like last. I don’t think it would work well if it checked to see if your health was zero because then it would need to revive you and call other functions from different parts of the DB etc, putting more stress on the server. Now to talk about an effective maximum range. There is already one set by the game. It’s called the range of the firearm you’re using. 

Edited by Akeelagi

Hold on, are we still debating this? Shit, im going to put it to rest.

Listen, if you have problems with how many hits it takes to get downed, whether its too much or too little, then you're the problem.

If you have a continuous problem with the way they work, that means you're the one continuously getting downed by players with superior skill. 

Simply put, you're not playing right, fix your play-style.

REMEMBER THIS: > You dont change the game to allow you to beat it, you change yourself in order to beat the game. Unless you're a cheater of course. 

Edited by Dick Romney
Sp0on likes this
4 minutes ago, Dick Romney said:

Simply put, you're not playing right, fix your play-style.

AKA stop sucking and actually hit that broad side of the barn before they hit you. 

Also side note, I'm pretty sure if you take a rubber bullet to the chest wearing a PLAIN WHITE FUCKING T-SHIRT you'll be on your face too. 

Edited by Raza
Sail and Sp0on like this
2 hours ago, Huan Lee said:

but I can't remember a single time I've been downed or lethaled by a cop without getting hit by atleast 1 or 2 bullets first.

I can give that time to you.

I 1 tapped a fully geared Rebel with a 5.45 AKS-74U. And another with a rook. It all depends on the shot. So for those that think downing weapons need a Nerf, you can one tap anyone with a well placed shot. Get better aim.

Edited by Kitsune Neko
Huan Lee likes this
On 3/20/2019 at 1:58 PM, justi said:

You know there is a large population of people who strictly bounty hunt? Taking away bounty hunter rifles is probably one of the dumbest changes that could happen. How are you supposed to bounty hunt rebels with a P07?

You probably got tased and turned in and you are still angry over it.

Oh look, it's this cuck again.