Suicide and Depression.

Thought while I was here I'd make this post, a lot of people have been falling deep into depression as of late, and I have seen it take quite a few lives around me.

After reaching out to my friends, to let them know they can always talk to me, I'd like to remind everyone here, if you are going through things, speak about it, get that weight off your chest!

If its a family member, a close friend, a stranger or even someone from this forum, reach out, talk, get it off your mind. 

Suicide is never an answer to your depression, and don't think lesser of yourself for having it on your mind or being in that situation, while people may not admit it, I'm sure a lot of people on this forum have been there too!

38 minutes ago, CreatorOfUnpopularOpinions said:

I have never seen a more ignorant comment on this forum.

I've seen worst.

Regarding the actual topic though,
I've been through depression before and I admittedly am going through one as of recent, 
That shit scars you(sometimes literally), and is a horrible thing to go through.

In our age, where kids consider playing Fortnite together as a "social activity", many teens fall down to depression, and its sad.

My escape is music, with others it can be spilling it out, maybe getting away from society for a bit, anything that makes you feel safer, and helps you get through.
If anyone needs a place to spill their heart at, find someone you trust, or even some random off the internet and spill it, you'll feel better.

Obviously I'll be around as well if you need someone to talk to(discreetly obviously), I know how that feels.

21 minutes ago, Zoex said:

I've seen worst.

Regarding the actual topic though,
I've been through depression before and I admittedly am going through one as of recent, 
That shit scars you(sometimes literally), and is a horrible thing to go through.

In our age, where kids consider playing Fortnite together as a "social activity", many teens fall down to depression, and its sad.
My escape is music, with others it can be spilling it out, maybe getting away from society for a bit, anything that makes you feel safer, and helps you get through.
If anyone needs a place to spill their heart at, find someone you trust, or even some random off the internet and spill it, you'll feel better.

Obviously I'll be around as well, I know how that feels.

Yes, it's an awful thing to go through. I have seen it destroy lives around me, and it consumed me for a long time as well, however, I can confirm life does get better :D

My escape was also music, listening, making, producing etc. I played guitar for a long time and learnt it to a very good level when I had my time of it. 

Although @Roice may not know it, watching him make music was also an escape for me, I really enjoyed seeing other people express their art forms and see what he could make from scratch, once he taught me a few things I ended up spending countless hours on fruity loops trying to make music. 

But if you are ever in need of someone to talk to, I am here for you, and I am sure a lot of others are too :D

GravL, Fried Rice and Zoex like this

Can we genuinely just leave a post to its actual context without running off and making it a toxic waste dump?

Honestly, if you're going to argue that someone taking their life is natural selection, there is obviously no need for you to comment on a thread trying to support those who actually need help. You have your right to think that, but don't go out of your way to try and ruin someone's hope in their community for assistance. Being someone who has been there and has barely made it out of the other side for some pretty dark shit, I am one to talk. Being one who has seen friends kill themselves, I am one to talk. Being one who has saved friends from trying to kill themselves, I am one to talk.

This is a topic that needs to be spoken about. Power to all those big enough to conversate so far on this post, it really does mean a lot to those in need of help. There is no problem with this discussion and it is very important to join together and fight it together.

If you just like so many and suffer from these issues, don't feel alone. Major depressive disorder affects approximately 14.8 million American adults age 18 and older. Remember these are only reported cases. 

Masonn, BlackShot, GravL and 1 other like this

Depression is always a good thing to talk about, I feel if you bottle up those emotions it can eventually lead to worse things as time goes on.

It's always nice to have someone to talk to if you're down, because there's no one who can just up and say "I'm a man I can deal with it". No matter how fucking tough you think you are, there's always going to be something to walk up and kick you in the shin. Then the pain will just continue to add-on, and it fucking sucks.

It's hypocritical for me to say this but suicide isn't a joke, but seeing how common it's become to just say kill yourself and just bash the fuck out of someone. I think the shit that pisses me off when I see someone talking about depression is usually "Just cheer up, it's not that hard." It doesn't work like that after ages of constantly bashing ones self your happiness goes down and overall emotions, 1 bad day can turn into weeks, and those weeks into months maybe even years. 

If you're suffering from depression talk to someone, it will help even if it's a slight increase to your happiness it's good to have that.

Hey Hey everyone i got a solution if you have depression don't play on asylum! because many people and i mean many will straight out tell you to go kill yourself without even sweating *Cough* *Cough* Shaggy, anyway on a serious note i think asylum should do more about toxic people and people telling others to kill themselves however that's missing the topic of this forum, i've lived on a couple rules and guidelines throughout my life and there's always one thing you should goto when you're going through shit and me personally i use this quote " Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you'll start having positive results." because even though you're going through some tough times doesn't mean you gotta focus on the bad you gotta think of the positive stuff you got going for you and bring more positivity in your life too begin with. and that i think will help alot of people out. however, our youth today don't use these exact methods and they tend to goto their ignorant friends for advice and that's why alot of suicides are happening nowadays is because our youth today is not how parents raised their kids in the 70s and 80s alot has changed and i think eventually the suicide rates will go down but the way that'll happen is if the parents start teaching their kids more about how important their life is to them and others. i mean i've been put through hell and back but i'm still here and i didn't commit die (ok ok i'll be more serious) but instead of cutting yourself or doing some such sort get some help or even help yourself. do something more productive that will benefit you.

Edited by Asmodeus
Disco Biscuits and Ron Johnson like this

Depression and mental health is an absolute shit show and I've been probably the worst I've been in the last three years, I used gaming and photography as an escape but it can only do so much, Its got to the point where I damaged myself so much in my twisted repentance for being unhappy I only have one working arm to type this post. I have to thank @Ron Johnson and so many others for helping me get through all this though, the road to recovery is long but it does get better and I'm hopeful thanks to people reaching out.

13 hours ago, justi said:

I never felt what depression is, not entirely sure if it even exists but when something stressful comes up I just suck it up and do what's required of men. 

I have to agree.

I once saw someone with two broken legs, i'm not even sure it even exists that you can break a bone. Get up and walk ya lazy cunts. Sick of it. Do what's required of men and suck it up. lazy bastards.

Image result for wheelchair user

P.S

you are a squeezer

Edited by Alec-I
Zoex, Fried Rice, GravL and 15 others like this
12 hours ago, Xehons said:

Hilarious coming from the same guy who said this 1 week ago your so fake LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO

2515f18128f8c9a746cd83ab12b0b6ba.png

I still stand by it? I believe you are a worthless piece of shit who has no place in this world? Think of it as capital punishment.

12 hours ago, Steve said:

Yes.

I am not going to reply to it, Steve me and you BOTH know your digging a reaction out of me.

I shan’t have it steve,

not today ballbags

2 hours ago, CreatorOfUnpopularOpinions said:

I am not going to reply to it, Steve me and you BOTH know your digging a reaction out of me.

I shan’t have it steve,

not today ballbags

I legitimately don't know who this is

Edit: I know now lmao

Edited by Steve
17 hours ago, justi said:

I never felt what depression is, not entirely sure if it even exists but when something stressful comes up I just suck it up and do what's required of men. 

17 hours ago, justi said:

Sorry :) Did not mean anything wrong by it. Guess we have a different mentality or different work ethics. Goodluck.

Yea you totally didn't mean anything by it. The people who say this shit are always depressed af lmao

Image result for retarded pepe
5 hours ago, Voni said:

Depression and mental health is an absolute shit show and I've been probably the worst I've been in the last three years, I used gaming and photography as an escape but it can only do so much, Its got to the point where I damaged myself so much in my twisted repentance for being unhappy I only have one working arm to type this post. I have to thank @Ron Johnson and so many others for helping me get through all this though, the road to recovery is long but it does get better and I'm hopeful thanks to people reaching out.

I gotchu brother!

Voni likes this