Medics w/ Current state of server

Hey there,
So im am pretty fresh to this server and decided to test the waters and from the current state of what i can tell, Playing as medic is just plain bad for experience.

I have spoken to a few staff members and i know there is Alot of things planned for medic in the near future so i wanted to give my Imput about this as when i played arma 3, i only played medic and im still looking to do the same thing. i would like to make asylum my new home but I cannot do that until we get some much needed improvements to the role for medic.

Issues:
*Medics being able to be 'bought' as a personal medic
*Seen some try to encourage others to vdm other players

*No laws to combat RP for medics
*Medics do not RP
*whitelisting for Medics
*when responding to a down'd player and reviving them, being able to just shoot the downed player without reinitiating isnt RP. (if u do this irl, ur not  gonna sit around waiting for them to come back irl, u would be gone by the time medics\cops showed up)
*spamming of needing medic and then just respawning when medic gets there
ETC - not everything is listed but these are some things i see
(I know some stuff is being worked on but im listing some stuff to jump start the issues im seeing)

*Medics should be a nuetral faction, They should not be able to take anyone hostage, carry any firearms, take part in any illegal activity, There sole job is to Help and respond to life emergency's, People who may be stranded or need help with anything of that sort.

With that in mind, You Should not be able to Shoot a medic unless they are 100% interfiering with your current roleplay, You should also only be able to take them hostage if they are ok with it. On servers with high population, the amount of civs and cops vasly outnumber medics and the amount of revive request can be hard to do with the current number of players doing medic. 

*needs to be a Chain of release (someone dies > medic arrives, victim is to be in medics custody until released (or) into police custody if they broke the law

I completely understand that this isn't a hardcore RP server but things like this isn't really hardcore, but would make medic more reliable and more Fun for players to take on the challange of being a paramedic.

P.S  i have alot more i would like to go indepth about things for medic, but that is for another time, But these are more important things that should be fixed\implemented asap

@BaDaBiNg_10-8

@Clint Beastwood

@Mitch (IFRIT)

@Leady

Edited by netflixnchil
Yuki Hayami and EasyStreets like this
6 hours ago, Uncle Bob said:

medics are pigs

also the "rp" you suggest is becoming like one of these heavy rp servers where you can't even have a gun on you.Srsly now medic/police custody was the most retarded thing of your suggestions.

Yes i agree with uncle bob,  how are medic going to be able to put civs in custody when they cant hold a gun or zips,  even if that was a thing that can be taken to far, for they wont get killed or taken by cops and rebles

26 minutes ago, RobbyDoggy said:

Yes i agree with uncle bob,  how are medic going to be able to put civs in custody when they cant hold a gun or zips,  even if that was a thing that can be taken to far, for they wont get killed or taken by cops and rebles

then it would be fail RP, Everything i suggested isnt hardcore RP. 

6 hours ago, Uncle Bob said:

medics are pigs

also the "rp" you suggest is becoming like one of these heavy rp servers where you can't even have a gun on you.Srsly now medic/police custody was the most retarded thing of your suggestions.

Your trying to say that medics should be able to run around with a gun to kill people etc? How is that any form of rp? show me some medics Irl that have a gun with them. None of them do, This isn't "hardcore RP". This is to bring some form of RP into asylum, as there currently isn't any for medics

12 hours ago, netflixnchil said:

*when responding to a down'd player and reviving them, being able to just shoot the downed player without reinitiating isnt RP. (if u do this irl, ur not  gonna sit around waiting for them to come back irl, u would be gone by the time medics\cops showed up)

lol

16 hours ago, netflixnchil said:

Your trying to say that medics should be able to run around with a gun to kill people etc? How is that any form of rp? show me some medics Irl that have a gun with them. None of them do, This isn't "hardcore RP". This is to bring some form of RP into asylum, as there currently isn't any for medics

irl if you die you cannot get revived

Medics will always be a fun topic.

Unless there is a decent incentive to play medic, I don't see how the mythical "Whitelisting" will solve anything.

Currently you either
1: Hang around Kavala to get revives
2: Spawn in Atheria and drive/fly around for 2 hours and get 1 revive seems 90% of people just respawn when your halfway there.

Surely we could setup medics like the "Drug Runner":
You request your revive for $800. If you respawn after requesting a medic, have $2000 taken as a cancellation fee.

At least that way there's an incentive to only call a medic, when you're actually after a revive. 

Yuki Hayami likes this
21 hours ago, netflixnchil said:

i did not say they should have guns, did not mean that.   I meant how is the medic custody thing going to work with no guns or zips, to do that they would have to have guns. i dont want medic to have guns kavala is bad enough...  I just see the whole custody thing being over used for rebles wont be killed by other rebles bc they are in medic custody

9 hours ago, RobbyDoggy said:

i did not say they should have guns, did not mean that.   I meant how is the medic custody thing going to work with no guns or zips, to do that they would have to have guns. i dont want medic to have guns kavala is bad enough...  I just see the whole custody thing being over used for rebles wont be killed by other rebles bc they are in medic custody

because It would only be allowed via RP, medics custody is only when medics go to revive someone or if someone is injured, they are to be in medics custody until the medic is done, then the medic would have to release them. Medics will not need guns or zips, as it would be fail RP.

13 hours ago, LiftyMcLift said:

Medics will always be a fun topic.

Unless there is a decent incentive to play medic, I don't see how the mythical "Whitelisting" will solve anything.

Currently you either
1: Hang around Kavala to get revives
2: Spawn in Atheria and drive/fly around for 2 hours and get 1 revive seems 90% of people just respawn when your halfway there.

Surely we could setup medics like the "Drug Runner":
You request your revive for $800. If you respawn after requesting a medic, have $2000 taken as a cancellation fee.

At least that way there's an incentive to only call a medic, when you're actually after a revive. 

Doesn't need to be an incentive to play medics, People play medic for the different type of game play for RP. Obviously things like different types of medic vehicles and stuff will be added eventually But There doesn't always need to be an incentive to get people to play. Some play because its fun, like me.

And the issue with people just respawning after requesting can be fixed by changing the time between requesting a medic then respawning

14 hours ago, Uncle Bob said:

irl if you die you cannot get revived

That's not true, Someone drowns, you use CPR to attempt to bring them back. In a surgery, using defib. 

also just curious, i don't see you playing medic, why you trying to down vote changes needed for medics?

Edited by netflixnchil
3 hours ago, netflixnchil said:

That's not true, Someone drowns, you use CPR to attempt to bring them back. In a surgery, using defib. 

also just curious, i don't see you playing medic, why you trying to down vote changes needed for medics?

played medic more than you son and medics are quite broken rn

also try to revive a guy whose head has turned into a canoe by a 7.62

Bandit likes this