Evidence Locker Tweak

There should be the option to exchange the weapons for money. Storing the amount of weapons received from the Evidence Locker on an average run in a house is pointless [a lot]. In the case we still had active cartels it would be ideal for houses locate on Arms Island, but those times are gone as we know. If people want to store them in their house, then let them, but if you don't have a house near a cartel, the bank, fed or prison, it's pointless. Allow us to turn in the guns to the black market, and add an additional black market on the right side of the map.

Edit: Infamy could be earned from each weapon sold. The value should be determined on the market price of the gun at the time. An example being 50% of the market value.

---------------------------------

Credit: @Lucien

"I've been told the truck has a tracker shown to everyone on the map as well - I don't see how they expect us to get away with a truck of guns and hide them in a house when any LT can look at the map and come get us out of the house, especially if a group wants to split the loot"

Edited by GO7NEY
Scott, Huan Lee, DJB and 10 others like this

If the truck has a tracker then i dont see the point in doing it. Cops will just swarm to it over and over because the two life shit they added is for the bank, fed, prison and locker but once its away from that whats to stop them? You'll get to your house, store what you can, Lt comes along, takes it all along with whatever else was there, boom nobody will do it again because you need to store it one way or another and people wont wanna risk there house. Only way i see people doing it right is if they bring extra vehicles to store them or fit as much as they can in a heli.

Kyle_, Huan Lee and Innate like this
3 hours ago, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

There are plans to add illegal Y inventory seized to the loot spawn. I will look into selling the weapons.

Honestly if you add illegal Y inventory just leave the guns as is.  There could potentially be a fuck load of money in that locker just from the drugs alone, if a rebel wants to store the guns too let them.  

Blake. likes this
16 hours ago, TRYHARD said:

Can I get the post asking for the cops to defend it. We all know how much everyone loved salt flats prison

Cops defending it has nothing to do with it being an Evidence Locker or a Blackwater. There's also additional entrances to the perimeter that people have yet to discover. 
Both regarding which side defends it and what kind of loot/gear it stores (or anything else really), changes can be made if necessary. @Gen. Henry Arnold 's creation, feedback goes to him.

Edited by Azeh
18 hours ago, Lucien said:

I've been told the truck has a tracker shown to everyone on the map as well - I don't see how they expect us to get away with a truck of guns and hide them in a house when any LT can look at the map and come get us out of the house, especially if a group wants to split the loot

I get it is supposed to be end game but the tracker is overkill imo. Its already a hard fight for rebels. And if the cops lose track of a hemmt well that's on them. @Gen. Henry Arnold Down with the tracker!

ZIM2233, Scott, Maaqs and 3 others like this
41 minutes ago, Leady said:

I get it is supposed to be end game but the tracker is overkill imo. Its already a hard fight for rebels. And if the cops lose track of a hemmt well that's on them. @Gen. Henry Arnold Down with the tracker!

I think the cops should have a tracker but civs shouldn't. A rolling convoy fight sound fun. And why wouldn't the cops have their own hemmt full of illegal stuff tracked. 

Responded to this with a large police force last night.

Unless a bigger group of Rebels overwhelm the cops once the fence is down, its kind of tough for them to get in.

Maybe limit how many cops can spawn directly in there when fence is being hacked? (Like a max of 5 can redeploy directly into the compound, just to holding down the fort for reinforcements)

Also a tracker on the truck is OP. Large force of cops will just hunt them relentlessly. This will just force the robbers to switch the contraband to another vehicle ASAP (which, for rebel, is how I would do it if the vehicle is tracked). Maybe have the truck ping location frequently or provide a location update every 5 minutes, but a active tracker is not the best idea imo.

I don't think allowing them to sell the guns right there in exchange for cash would be a good idea, way too easy to just turn that into a money making robbery, maybe have them sell at Black Market for the cash.

Allowing the truck to contain seized Y is also ++++ from me.

@@@

Edit: What about just spawning the loot in large crates? This would allow Y and guns to be selected and load into the transport the rebels bring themselves.

Edited by Disco Biscuits (Caliban)
Addition
14 minutes ago, danile666 said:

I think the cops should have a tracker but civs shouldn't. A rolling convoy fight sound fun. And why wouldn't the cops have their own hemmt full of illegal stuff tracked. 

Cops do fine chasing fed truck so why the need for this?

2 hours ago, Azeh said:

Cops defending it has nothing to do with it being an Evidence Locker or a Blackwater. There's also additional entrances to the perimeter that people have yet to discover. 
Both regarding which side defends it and what kind of loot/gear it stores (or anything else really), changes can be made if necessary. @Gen. Henry Arnold 's creation, feedback goes to him.

I get that. Just seems an extremely cop sided event was added with loot that isn’t ever worth getting. 

The inherent problem with an event that cops spawn in is that the rebels are forced to pull armor (100k for ifrits btw). And unlike cops that have an HQ they can at 3 km away, rebels need to re gear if a push doesn’t work. 

Want to keep it so cops spawn inside than it can’t be a fortress. 

1. Walls need to be rammable. If for any reason so that an ifrit is not required. Not that an ifrit guarantees a win by any means.

2. Disabling shit should be clearly in the open, you shouldn’t be able to sneak it while rebels are clearing out the compound.

3. Loot is actually dog shit. Even if we could sell guns I doubt we would make any money, add the y inventory and it’s the same problem but with unprocessed drugs and lock picks. 

You really can’t expect rebels to be driving all over creation dumping random garbage at different locations.

Who wants to drive to Sofia to sell some weed, drive to a gun seller a few km away to dump the Trash guns, than stop at 5 different houses distributing the rest. This event would take the whole restart. And meanwhile you’d be fighting cops the whole time. Also can’t forget the fact that no gang will want to these for the simple reason of 1 person will likely get all the guns stored at their house while the rest get scraps at best. 

What at would I know though, I can’t code so I probobly don’t know what would make gangs risk their loadouts.

Edited by TRYHARD
3 minutes ago, TRYHARD said:

1. Walls need to be rammable. If for any reason so that an ifrit is not required. Not that an ifrit guarantees a win by any means.

no

3 minutes ago, TRYHARD said:

2. Disabling shit should be clearly in the open, you shouldn’t be able to sneak it while rebels are clearing out the compound.

yes

4 minutes ago, TRYHARD said:

Loot is actually dog shit. Even if we could sell guns I doubt we would make any money, add the y inventory and it’s the same problem but with unprocessed drugs and lock picks. 

as far as i know, the guns we have now is basically a test to see if it works, and how balanced it is. Theyre adding drugs in the future, though i kind of wish they were manually loaded from a selection or something. 

Just now, •ÐŠ• Randy said:

no

yes

as far as i know, the guns we have now is basically a test to see if it works, and how balanced it is. Theyre adding drugs in the future, though i kind of wish they were manually loaded from a selection or something. 

Yeah I think everyone’s gonna find out why I voted no on the polls for evidence lock up. Sounds really cool to steal back your meth but the gangs doing the event won’t be the ones losing their meth runs to cops. And the majority of shit that gets seized is guns from the gun store and lock picks.

19 hours ago, TRYHARD said:

Yeah I think everyone’s gonna find out why I voted no on the polls for evidence lock up. Sounds really cool to steal back your meth but the gangs doing the event won’t be the ones losing their meth runs to cops. And the majority of shit that gets seized is guns from the gun store and lock picks.

i think the whole thing is fair, all you have to do is hit the evidence locker at the right time, especially minimum of only 7 cops, its really easy