Spawning at turfs

Should you be able to spawn at turfs while its an active red zone?   

70 members have voted

1. 1. Should you be able to spawn at turfs while its an active red zone?

I honestly think spawning at turfs while its a red zone would actually make it competitive and fun again. Ever since the change the fights at all of the turfs have been non-existent. Bringing back the spawning while its red would encourage fighting even though it was a shit show. Bring back spawning in red zoned turfs and make turfs great again!!!

Edited by Winchester

yeah, guys shooting from inside the safety of a locked house and wave assaulting you with gear from their crates and basically whoever has the best houses in the turf will have the advantage in a fight always. So if you are a lazy fuck who can't just drive or fly to the turf to fight for it then this is for you and I remember one new enemy had all the best houses and how they would own Rodo most of the time and talked so much trash wave assaulting you and then when they took the spawns away one new enemy didn't talk so much anymore because their advantage was gone and they started losing the turf a lot more. 

Maaqs likes this
5 hours ago, Walt said:

Hmm if I remember correctly One New Enemy quit the server, because of this patch. When they updated the turfs it made 90% of our houses useless. That update with turfs completely killed the legendary fights that occured there.

Yep. I dont know how they expect me to fly in with a full loadout just to die to some kid camping a house. Turfs only worked when you could push the flag multiple times to spot out the enemy gang. 

Walt likes this

I've made this suggestion before, as a way to please those who wish to own turf houses but also to give others a fighting chance.

Example:

1. Rodopoli Pops.
  2. Walt owns a house on the outskirts of town, but inside the circle. Walt, however, is running scotch. Walt has 2 choices:
  • Walt runs to his house, stores his scotch, his kit, and suicides. Respawns in his Rodi house. His Rodi house is now put on a 15min cooldown. He has chosen to spend his "1 respawn" to get to Rodi immediately. If he dies at any point during the 15min period Rodo is up for grabs, he will NOT be able to spawn in the house. 
  • Walt runs to his house, stores his scotch, and then decides to drive from DP5 to Rodi. He makes his way into Rodi, hops on the flag, and gets killed by someone who is already setup defending the flag. Walt can now spend his "1 respawn" to get back into the fight immediately. However, his house is now put on a 15min cooldown.

I think a system like this could work. the APD already have a similar cooldown thing with spawning at HQs, so I would hope it'd be doable for civ side with houses. Once the turf pops red, any houses within the turf circle allow the owner 1 respawn to use (including gang houses, 1 total respawn, not 1 respawn per player). That player can choose to stop what they're doing immediately, suicide to turf, gear up in their house, and fight. Or, that player can drive to turf, "yolo the flag" to see if anyone is nearby, (let's say the person gets killed on flag), they can now spend their 1 respawn to get back into the fight immediately.

This will allow turf houses to become wanted again, but won't be game-breaking either. It will allow people the opportunity to be tactical with how they want to fight turfs.

Would this be code-able @Gen. Henry Arnold @Jesse ?

@Mitch (IFRIT) could this be a potential solution to turf houses?

Edited by Maaqs
Walt and Ron Johnson like this
9 hours ago, Maaqs said:

I've made this suggestion before, as a way to please those who wish to own turf houses but also to give others a fighting chance.

Example:

1. Rodopoli Pops.
  2. Walt owns a house on the outskirts of town, but inside the circle. Walt, however, is running scotch. Walt has 2 choices:
  • Walt runs to his house, stores his scotch, his kit, and suicides. Respawns in his Rodi house. His Rodi house is now put on a 15min cooldown. He has chosen to spend his "1 respawn" to get to Rodi immediately. If he dies at any point during the 15min period Rodo is up for grabs, he will NOT be able to spawn in the house. 
  • Walt runs to his house, stores his scotch, and then decides to drive from DP5 to Rodi. He makes his way into Rodi, hops on the flag, and gets killed by someone who is already setup defending the flag. Walt can now spend his "1 respawn" to get back into the fight immediately. However, his house is now put on a 15min cooldown.

I think a system like this could work. the APD already have a similar cooldown thing with spawning at HQs, so I would hope it'd be doable for civ side with houses. Once the turf pops red, any houses within the turf circle allow the owner 1 respawn to use (including gang houses, 1 total respawn, not 1 respawn per player). That player can choose to stop what they're doing immediately, suicide to turf, gear up in their house, and fight. Or, that player can drive to turf, "yolo the flag" to see if anyone is nearby, (let's say the person gets killed on flag), they can now spend their 1 respawn to get back into the fight immediately.

This will allow turf houses to become wanted again, but won't be game-breaking either. It will allow people the opportunity to be tactical with how they want to fight turfs.

+1 good solution

Thanks for the Reference

Edited by Walt
Maaqs and EasyStreets like this
9 hours ago, Maaqs said:

Example:

1. Rodopoli Pops.

+1

good job nerd

Maaqs likes this
16 hours ago, Maaqs said:

Example:

1. Rodopoli Pops.

Go away Maaqs!
We want to zerg that fucking flag for the entire 15 minutes and there's nothing you can suggest that will change our mind.

*shakes fist and leaves for work*

Maaqs likes this