Development Commits

I feel like if the community could see what the developers were doing or working on it would provide imagery on the work being done to improve asylum. Rust has a system like this (You can find it by googling "Rust Commits") in which there are private and public commits by developers for all to see.

Edit: If this brings more confidence in the development team from players its possible that we could see the player base rise.

Edited by Lunchables
Bag Of Funyuns and GravL like this

http://www.gaming-asylum.com/forums/index.php?/forum/142-asylum-v2/   Here you can see the updates on Asylum v2.

As to the current patches being released a lot of the commit items are not added until the night before or the day of the patch as testing of them usually goes right up to that point.

Not to mention they contain quite a few bug and exploit fixes that should they be shown before could allow those who did not know about them to attempt them before the patch drops.

Here is a general road map that contains some of the features we are looking to add. While its not super specific such as with weapons and armor we wanted to make sure we are not over promising and under delivering. The devs are hard at work re tooling Asylum's code and fixing what is currently live. As always we appreciate the community feedback and will continue to read through it and pass suggestions along to the dev/owners.

3 minutes ago, Leady said:

As to the current patches being released a lot of the commit items are not added until the night before or the day of the patch as testing of them usually goes right up to that point.

Not to mention they contain quite a few bug and exploit fixes that should they be shown before could allow those who did not know about them to attempt them before the patch drops.

That makes perfect sense. However, if developers make things like this a private commit (Refer to rust commits for an example) where only the developers can see it or just not put it at all. I still think there are some things that the developers could take a couple of seconds to write down something they're working on like optimizations. If they are working on a big feature like the evidence locker that you don't want the community to know about until it's time, make it private. That's just my two cents.

30 minutes ago, Maric said:

We don't get to see exactly what they are committing but they do have a page to show the status on Asylum V2.

I know about Asylum V2. That is obviously going to be a long road for the @Azeh and @Jesse to travel. For now, something similar for the main branch would be good for the community IMO.

On 4/4/2019 at 3:59 PM, Google™ said:

Yeah I know but I mean in the sense when I come to Asylum forums to see if an update happened or something big and I see Asylum March as an announcement just a bit triggering imo. Tbh I feel like there’s more time spent on talking about the problem of Asylum then the fixing of it. I say this because I see threads about the future of Asylum ( which is good ) but I also see a thread about the problems Asylum has and it’s not just one it’s multiple. I don’t have a problem when they’re posted. I have a problem that they’re posted without a proposed solution. Maybe you guys are working a ton it, I’m unsure. This is just how I feel because of the lack of development posts that I see.

I remember this post that @Google™ made. Commits would show what developers are doing to fix current problems other than everyone just throwing Asylum V2 at you and leaving it at that. Asylum V2 release will be a long way away I'm sure of it.

31 minutes ago, Google™ said:

Give us access to read commits for the GitHub

There's not very helpful commit messages? Really no point...
9662d9c5f5fa1f569ac3339a1b886f8b.png

I was going to implement a tracker, same as what I had implemented on Olympus which they discontinued.. However, SMTP is blocked by OVH on some servers. So you have to request to have it unblocked by them. TL;DR was more work than I had time for.

Google™ and Huan Lee like this
4 hours ago, Jesse said:

There's not very helpful commit messages? Really no point...

If you ever did want to, you could add the Github powerup to the progress trello and then each commit can be added as an attachment to a card.

That being said it is a direct link to the Github so take it how you will...

21 hours ago, TheCmdrRex said:

If you ever did want to, you could add the Github powerup to the progress trello and then each commit can be added as an attachment to a card.

That being said it is a direct link to the Github so take it how you will...

Personally, I do like the idea of being able to see those commits from the GitHub. Although I agree work would have to be done to hide certain commits that are important to be secret in the case they went public

On 4/15/2019 at 8:30 PM, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

eb2bbe62daa5a310a967050fae0d1f6e.png

Posting every little commit that is worked on else where will just delay the rewrite.
I'd just follow the trello for the big scheme of things.

If y'all have a main repo you could make a channel in the discord and setup a webook.