Tier 5 Vest OP

10 hours ago, Samperino said:

Meanwhile...

ezgif-2-a1a44bbf22fc.gif

Rolling on the Floor Laughing on HTC Sense 8

This from the guy that went 2 lives at the fed and called off half the cops. Or the bank later on that you prowler slammed and logged off even though you were the only one capable of pulling armor.

Seems like you purposely lose federal events so you can push for better gear. 

Edited by TRYHARD
Tricks and thero like this
4 hours ago, TRYHARD said:

This from the guy that went 2 lives at the fed and called off half the cops.

Hey there @TRYHARD,

I'm not sure where you're getting this information from. I'm almost certain that we recently implemented a bunch of policy updates to improve the quality of rebel gameplay to reduce frustrations from the rebel side while fighting the police. We were comfortable making these changes as cops are now only required to attend these events a minimum of two times.

These Federal Reserve, Bank of Altis, Prison Break, and Evidence Lockup robbery events are typically fairly fun events for the police to fight as it can prove to be a small break in activity from sipping on coffee and eating donuts with the peach pickers and diamond miners in Kavala.

When all of these robberies are being done back to back to back by the same group of rebels who have many years of experience on Arma 3, it starts to become repetitive and not very fun for the police that are on at the time. It gets to the point where they're more interested in logging off than even going back to Kavala, or Athira, or the illegal drug fields to have interactions with other players.

There needs to be an understanding that the citizens of Kavala getting pistol banged need attention as well. The cocaine runners, the drug runners, the elusive scotch runners, they all need to see the police force as well.

Seems like you purposely lose federal events so you can push for better gear. 

The police force does not need better gear. The police force needs quality of life improvements to make playing against larger rebel groups (such as your own) a little bit less frustrating.

Or the bank later on that you prowler slammed and logged off even though you were the only one capable of pulling armor.

Pulling armour against a large group of rebels who has access to, and almost usually brings upwards of 10 RPGs which tear through armour like it's nothing is largely not helpful. This leads back to the fact that there needs to be some sort of quality of life updates for the police force, which is the goal of the newly revised Suggestions Box, which you so kindly are taking part of (I'm very glad it's become a success so far!)

When you're done treating Asylum like your personal playground, you're welcome to come join the discussion circle of behaving children over at the Suggestions Box to help provide constructive feedback to help make the APD better for all officers, like you (very awesomely) have with the latest policy updates. Keep them coming.

Thanks!

DonDurka likes this
2 minutes ago, TRYHARD said:

You clearly missed what I was trying to convey.

Its very disappointing to see the Chief of police patrol Kavala during an active fed while also testing new items to potentially buff the APD. 

You're missing what I'm trying to convey. The APD does not need any buffs. The APD needs QOL changes affecting all officers to make their jobs less frustrating.

If we're talking about the vest and helmet that I was given access to be able to test: a vest and a helmet given to (potentially) five, or six officers on the APD (the Captains) is not a buff to the APD as a whole. On the flip side, a helmet and a vest given to five or six officers on the APD does not help the lower ranking officers which only typically have access to 6.5 mm MXs and sports hatchbacks, to fight against swaths of completely overpowered Ifrits, armies of guys with access to RPGs, large quantities of grenades, 7.62 mm rifles, etc.

A group of average officers should not be expected to rely on higher ups being on duty to be able to stand a chance against a group of rebels, given the numbers. The higher ups being on duty, in my opinion, should be an added small boost to all of the average officers on duty.

By average officer, I'm talking about 90% of the APD (Cadets, Constables, and Corporals).

On the other hand, the APD should not be balanced around one large group of rebels who hop on daily and typically force most of the cops on duty to go off duty. On the other hand as well, temporary problems such as this, require temporary solutions, which is, I guess, where the vest and helmet idea came into play.

We need to look at the bigger picture here.

Thanks.

Bazzajack and DonDurka like this
2 hours ago, Samperino said:

When all of these robberies are being done back to back to back by the same group of rebels who have many years of experience on Arma 3, it starts to become repetitive and not very fun for the police that are on at the time.

I also like driving around almost like i'm playing a driving simulator almost and getting barely any action around the island. its almost like these activities theyre doing is giving the cops on something to do besides driving around aimlessly around doing nothing, i would be happy to go to these events instead of roleplaying for 5k with someone.

TRYHARD and Walt like this
3 hours ago, TRYHARD said:

You clearly missed what I was trying to convey.

Its very disappointing to see the Chief of police patrol Kavala during an active fed while also testing new items to potentially buff the APD. 

why do u always complain every time i see ur name its complaints just shut up and  play 

Bazzajack and Blake. like this
1 hour ago, Marzoh said:

I also like driving around almost like i'm playing a driving simulator almost and getting barely any action around the island. its almost like these activities theyre doing is giving the cops on something to do besides driving around aimlessly around doing nothing, i would be happy to go to these events instead of roleplaying for 5k with someone.

Hey that’s totally fair, man. Different strokes for different folks. That’s the wonderful benefit of a very diverse community.

29 minutes ago, Demon! said:

why do u always complain every time i see ur name its complaints just shut up and  play 

He might be vocal, but I have more respect for someone who has the guts to publicly state his or her opinion and not give two squirts of piss about what others will think or say then someone who sits quietly in frustration. It's important for this community to have people like him because for the longest time asylum was ran under a (I exaggerate a bit when I specifically say this) "if you don't like it, then leave" kind of policy. It nearly brought us to the death of asylum. If people being vocal, about every little thing saves us from that then I am grateful. I am much like tryhard in that regard so perhaps that is why I say what I say. Though I can tell you for certain that having people like that is a necessity whether you agree with them on whatever the topic is or not.

cbakes, TRYHARD, Gagss and 1 other like this
6 hours ago, Samperino said:

You're missing what I'm trying to convey. The APD does not need any buffs. The APD needs QOL changes affecting all officers to make their jobs less frustrating.

If we're talking about the vest and helmet that I was given access to be able to test: a vest and a helmet given to (potentially) five, or six officers on the APD (the Captains) is not a buff to the APD as a whole. On the flip side, a helmet and a vest given to five or six officers on the APD does not help the lower ranking officers which only typically have access to 6.5 mm MXs and sports hatchbacks, to fight against swaths of completely overpowered Ifrits, armies of guys with access to RPGs, large quantities of grenades, 7.62 mm rifles, etc.

A group of average officers should not be expected to rely on higher ups being on duty to be able to stand a chance against a group of rebels, given the numbers. The higher ups being on duty, in my opinion, should be an added small boost to all of the average officers on duty.

By average officer, I'm talking about 90% of the APD (Cadets, Constables, and Corporals).

On the other hand, the APD should not be balanced around one large group of rebels who hop on daily and typically force most of the cops on duty to go off duty. On the other hand as well, temporary problems such as this, require temporary solutions, which is, I guess, where the vest and helmet idea came into play.

We need to look at the bigger picture here.

Thanks.

Unblacklist me and i will make apd great again