122 members have voted

1. 1. What do we clean from the island?

• Remove all listed items
    • Remove all listed items except for chicken wire
    • Remove all listed items except for verge posts
    • Remove all listed items except for chicken wire, and verge posts
    • Keep the island filthy
    • Remove only chicken wire

Thanks to some federal funding, the terrain of Altis may be able to get the spring cleaning it deserves. This would entitle the possible removal of:
https://imgur.com/a/FdIj6VO

• Chicken Wire
  • Verge Posts (Road cones)
  • Dead shrubbery
  • All that dirty garbage

On a serious note here are some of the effects of removing these items to take into account when voting, just cause you hate them may not be the best decision in the case of changing game play:

- "Having these items adds skill to driving"
- "Forces people to decide to vault over these blockades or not"
- "Changes the flow of how a player may move in combat"
- "Catching someone in a car could be more difficult because more open space"

Note: This poll is not a definitive decision on if this is implemented, you know how all that federal funding works ... 

Edited by Pizza Man
Emma, Walt and thmenser like this
46 minutes ago, Huan Lee said:

as much as I want this, i feel this would completely defeat the challenge of driving offroad, i feel like the obstacles should stay there so you cant be going max speed on a hatchback in a straight line offroad running from the cops

Stone walls would still be a small issue

Remove everything and allow vehicle on vehicle collisions. If you end up blowing somebody up/killing them you have to provide compensation or you risk being banned. It’s beyond boring chasing somebody around and just hoping they crash when you’ve had so many opportunities to pit maneuver them.

Edited by cbakes
ZIM2233, Guwop and TRYHARD like this
6 hours ago, Huan Lee said:

as much as I want this, i feel this would completely defeat the challenge of driving offroad, i feel like the obstacles should stay there so you cant be going max speed on a hatchback in a straight line offroad running from the cops

This.

It actually takes a brain cell to avoid the chicken mesh etc. As I said before the issue is with the car not the environment.

Please don't remove any of the challenges of the island. It will make traveling mind numbingly boring. This will turn a Point A to Point B trip from something that could produce interest and action (dare I say challenge. though minute), into a timer. Don't make driving in the game like commuting in real life.

Obstacles were meant to be overcome!!!

TRYHARD, Masonn, Azeh and 1 other like this
4 hours ago, CreatorOfUnpopularOpinions said:

but your taking away entities? is there something im missing here?

It costs something to take away entities.

For example if I made a modded map and had none of those things there'd be a performance boost.

However, that's not the case with Altis as I know because the map is there, you can't edit it ( change mountains and etc. ) without modding it. But, you can hide objects and spawn them. But this is cost effective because it needs to hide that object every time the server starts up, etc. It may be beneficial FPS wise, but most likely not server side.

I'm basing this on information I've been told that using lots of triggers, hiding object functions, and other things to alter the map will cause more lag.

This ^ is why on my CQC when I had it I never touched map except for detecting if someone is outside their spawn.

2 hours ago, Boris said:

Remove chicken wire and dead bushes, and only because they sometimes don't load in until it's too late.

Verge posts and garbage piles are fine, they're just decor. (And you can use garbage piles to vault into the air.)

If you only remove one thing, make it chicken wire. It's just not fun.

Agreed. Verge posts and mostly garbage piles don't bother at all.

Mr. Linux likes this