AsyV2 Progress - May 1st

Jesse

23 minutes ago, Maric said:

Any chance we'll see a closed beta for Asylum V2?

Uh possibly. Functionality should be relatively the same. I'd have to create a test database or something for public testing beyond staff purposes. Which in the past when I've done stuff like that, it usually ends up with people just fucking around and not actually doing anything... It'll probably just be open to staff. Then we'll start opening it up server by server or something.

I've been reporting this bug since the end of times and never got a response with the old devs so I'm just gonna drop it here hoping you see and to possible have it removed in v2, currently if you log off with a full inventory with a backpack, lets say 96 apples, when you rejoin them 96 apples will be gone, it works a bit differently if you have mixed items in the inventory, like only some items will disappear and I don't think it has to be 96/96 it just has to be over a certain weight but I don't remember what

Just now, Glass of Water said:

really good work appreciate everything you and other devs are doing but can we please not get this:

b1d6b53a06d9cb17e2991522a79186b2.png 

current health/food/water images are very visually appealing unlike these monstrosities 

they haven't implemented the current system yet m8

edit: great work boys

[got most excited to see doggo pics]

Edited by Ron Johnson

Glad your Mother is healing and that you're doing things other than Asylum, don't let it take up to much time because you still have a life to live outside of this. Keep up the great work and thank you for your dedication <3

Edited by Father Copa
1 hour ago, •ÐŠ• cHIP oTLE said:

Instead of moving everyone’s housing crate items over, how bout we just start fresh.  Just give people notice to use/sell/remove what they have stored.  And maybe compensate for some losses.

No need to waste time with a transfer process.

We discussed that, we will see how things play out. 

We always get a dev where Asylum ends up at the "bottom of the list"...

P.S

Not being inconsiderate of your real life problems, and I understand real shit happens outside of the game and many things are more important. Just stating a point that it's been like that for this community since about 2015.

9 minutes ago, Phil | OG said:

P.S

Not being inconsiderate of your real life problems, and I understand real shit happens outside of the game and many things are more important. Just stating a point that it's been like that for this community since about 2015.

I don't know Jesse well but I also think that asylum means more then the last of his priorities. However I do know what you mean when you say Asylum didn't have a real "developer" for a long period of time. Im sure you have seen how vocal I was about that sort of thing. But I can also tell you for certain that Asylum is so much more better off then it was this time last year or six months ago. A lot of progress has been made, though there is even more to be made. I'm more confident in asylums future then I have been since my first months in the community.

26 minutes ago, BeefPatty said:

You can't be seriously considering wiping the servers @BaDaBiNg_10-8. I think this would really drive people away. Why come play on what you have built for years if it just gets wiped? Don't do it. 

I believe they were only talking about house storage. even then I am sure a compensation method will be used to get cash back for items in your houses.

DankBud likes this
21 hours ago, Phil | OG said:

P.S

I mean not sure what you're getting at? I spent several years playing and developing for Arma. I wasted a ton of time. You know... I bought this dog shortly after leaving Olympus. Which had BAMF replied literally a week or two sooner after ignoring me for quite a while about Asylum... I would've more than likely had a ton of time to waste on Asylum. However, I was ignored and left to sit for a month+ iirc. There was nothing to do, so I got a life and a dog. Shortly after I got my pup, I was contacted to do stuff. Literally bad timing... It's not my fault I want to have a life away from my PC. I'm not gonna just put off my girlfriend, my dog, and my life now to bring back something so draining as Arma again.

23 hours ago, •ÐŠ• cHIP oTLE said:

I have scripts from when I did Olympus'. To run the scripts takes about 40 seconds to do all the houses in the DB.. It's not a big deal.

2 hours ago, Jesse said:

I mean not sure what you're getting at? I spent several years playing and developing for Arma. I wasted a ton of time. You know... I bought this dog shortly after leaving Olympus. Which had BAMF replied literally a week or two sooner after ignoring me for quite a while about Asylum... I would've more than likely had a ton of time to waste on Asylum. However, I was ignored and left to sit for a month+ iirc. There was nothing to do, so I got a life and a dog. Shortly after I got my pup, I was contacted to do stuff. Literally bad timing... It's not my fault I want to have a life away from my PC. I'm not gonna just put off my girlfriend, my dog, and my life now to bring back something so draining as Arma again.

You do you, not blaming you for having a life. It's all water under the bridge, just stating a point that this exact situation has been and continues to be a problem for the Asylum community.

But oh well,

:kermit:

13 minutes ago, Phil | OG said:

You do you, not blaming you for having a life. It's all water under the bridge, just stating a point that this exact situation has been and continues to be a problem for the Asylum community.

But oh well,

:kermit:

Well I mean if you got spare time. Learn to code and apply to help out? We could use more dedicated coders.

Fried Rice and bigjohn561 like this
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2019 at 7:59 PM, •ÐŠ• cHIP oTLE said:

Instead of moving everyone’s housing crate items over, how bout we just start fresh.  Just give people notice to use/sell/remove what they have stored.  And maybe compensate for some losses.

This would actually be a great idea, It would give everyone a chance to finally either use all those guns in there house, or use all that barley they have stored, maybe even use all those sui's they have stored. +1

On 5/2/2019 at 12:04 PM, DankBud said:

Have like a huge server wide carnage,career cops vs rebels or something,100% Anarchy before the switch of files..Think it would be pretty neat...Altis Revolution :D 

This would be great in comparison to what chipotle was saying, the server wide carnage could be good for some people and that would be the best place to put all of there gear to use.:shrug: