Downing Rounds and Restraints

I feel as though downing rounds are leaning slightly overpowered at the moment. I am not necessarily saying the bullets themselves but the time a player is downed is extremely tedious if you are on the opposing end. It is to the point that I would rather die and lose a loadout than have to wait to be concise again due to the time inconvenience, most likely in bounty hunter restraints. This is more accepted and understood if a police officer is downing a player in a high stakes battle at bank or fed, but for an average player to have the ability to down someone else and have way more than enough time to get to the player is a bit much. On top of it all the player will be restrained for added torture and extended amounts of time, and who knows the bounty hunters motives. These are just my thoughts on the matter i'm in no way saying this has to change but if enough players agree I think it would be worth looking into.

pandab34r likes this
1 hour ago, david_000 said:

I feel as though downing rounds are leaning slightly overpowered at the moment. I am not necessarily saying the bullets themselves but the time a player is downed is extremely tedious if you are on the opposing end. It is to the point that I would rather die and lose a loadout than have to wait to be concise again due to the time inconvenience, most likely in bounty hunter restraints. This is more accepted and understood if a police officer is downing a player in a high stakes battle at bank or fed, but for an average player to have the ability to down someone else and have way more than enough time to get to the player is a bit much. On top of it all the player will be restrained for added torture and extended amounts of time, and who knows the bounty hunters motives. These are just my thoughts on the matter i'm in no way saying this has to change but if enough players agree I think it would be worth looking into.

It doesn’t take long to get out of the downed state, just kill the bounty hunter before he downs you

Bherky and Yuki Hayami like this
1 hour ago, Lucien said:

The time you are downed for isn't long. 

It wouldn't make any sense if you got back up immediately, the one who downed you has to have time to reach you.

If you get kidnapped by a bounty hunter then you can log off after 10 minutes.

1 hour ago, Master27411 said:

It doesn’t take long to get out of the downed state, just kill the bounty hunter before he downs you

I wasn't thinking instant but maybe a 20 second nerf, or perhaps a little less. Time to get up is quite long and there are a few people that would agree as I noticed on the "tazzer" post prior. Maybe it is not too significant, but I could see a little nerf being appropriate. 

Edited by david_000
grammatical error
Yuki Hayami likes this

Honestly not to sound like a dick or anything but I never ever get downed by bounty hunters because I never put myself in those situations.  If you are running around in kavala with a bounty you are gonna get downed. If you do get downed you are downed for around 40seconds. If you dont like getting downed etc don't put yourself in situations where its gonna happen. 

10 hours ago, david_000 said:

I wasn't thinking instant but maybe a 20 second nerf, or perhaps a little less. Time to get up is quite long and there are a few people that would agree as I noticed on the "tazzer" post prior. Maybe it is not too significant, but I could see a little nerf being appropriate. 

20 seconds are u fucking serious go play olympus. ur just another shitter rebel that gets his ass whopped by career cops and bounty hunters and has another excuse to why u lost 

13 hours ago, Lucien said:

The time you are downed for isn't long. 

It wouldn't make any sense if you got back up immediately, the one who downed you has to have time to reach you.

If you get kidnapped by a bounty hunter then you can log off after 10 minutes.

It makes no sense that someone is tased for a longer time than it takes them to revive a dead team mate. Police should only have access to downing pistols, all rifles should be lethal.

Edited by NotMike
1 hour ago, NotMike said:

It makes no sense that someone is tased for a longer time than it takes them to revive a dead team mate. Police should only have access to downing pistols, all rifles should be lethal.

PO7 vs armor stacking. Sounds like a fantastic idea to increase role play between cops and rebels.

16 hours ago, HomeUser said:

Honestly not to sound like a dick or anything but I never ever get downed by bounty hunters because I never put myself in those situations.  If you are running around in kavala with a bounty you are gonna get downed. If you do get downed you are downed for around 40seconds. If you dont like getting downed etc don't put yourself in situations where its gonna happen. 

I dont think you being a dick just stating you opinion. TBH I really dislike kavala its full of rats and bounty hunters and dont tend to put myslef in those situations. However,  lets say someone is picking apples and a squad of bounty hunters find them blindfold them and keep said player for 10 mins. Are you now implying that its the players fault for picking apples and putting himself in a bad situation? I wouldn't blame the player hes just trying to make some cash and his time has now been wasted.

8 hours ago, BU | I have aids inmybutt said:

You're only down for 45 seconds S T O O P I D, just wait it out and dont be trash.:shrug:

That's the problem "just wait", being trash is one thing but in the example above you see that has nothing to do with my point.

5 hours ago, Wop said:

Someone got arrested one too many times and decided to take his anguish to the forums.

Incorrect, I hardly ever play with a bounty since it hinders my runs as they are typically all illegal. In fact thats exactly why this is a problem as the majority of people downed by BH dont typically have bounty's.

5 hours ago, NotMike said:

I agree to an extent although I don't believe this is too much time for a police officer as it may be needed in some situations and they have a guideline to follow. This ensures time is not wasted to extremes but instead enforces the law.

4 hours ago, Bandit said:

PO7 vs armor stacking. Sounds like a fantastic idea to increase role play between cops and rebels.

Agreed PO7 vs stacking would be terrible.

3 hours ago, Lucien said:

Ever think about how after you down someone you need to go restrain them? Thats why you are downed for so long. Downing rounds would be pointless if the person got up immediately. If you have friends they can adren shot you faster than they can defib someone

True but where is the line drawn but? For cops its one thing in large battles but for the average troll its just a tool to abuse. There is no reason to remove downed time as it would ruin the experience of asylum but the question here is, is 45 seconds too long for bounty hunters as it seems to be abusively used more so than not?

I do agree with @NotMike to an extent as the time you are downed is significantly longer than it takes to revive a team mate, but I don't think it should be lethal's and PO7's as rubber rounds, since this would not work as @Bandit stated above.

6 hours ago, Lucien said:

Ever think about how after you down someone you need to go restrain them? Thats why you are downed for so long. Downing rounds would be pointless if the person got up immediately. If you have friends they can adren shot you faster than they can defib someone

Ever been down for 40 seconds when a cop is 600m away? Of course not, you're a career cop now. I, however, have been in that situation. It is a total waste of time. Olympus has 25 second downing time and they do just fine with it.

15 hours ago, NotMike said:

Ever been down for 40 seconds when a cop is 600m away? Of course not, you're a career cop now. I, however, have been in that situation. It is a total waste of time. Olympus has 25 second downing time and they do just fine with it.

Last time I checked when I joined the servers it says ASYLUM, not Olympus. Asylum has had the same downing time for ages. It's not an issue never really has been until it was broken that one time.

15 hours ago, NotMike said:

then go play on olympus you shitter.

49 minutes ago, HomeUser said:

Last time I checked when I joined the servers it says ASYLUM, not Olympus. Asylum has had the same downing time for ages. It's not an issue never really has been until it was broken that one time.

I'm not saying Asylum is Olympus. I am saying the down times on olympus are balanced. Nobody complains about them on there. That was quite the strawman.

On 5/9/2019 at 11:51 AM, Demon! said:

20 seconds are u fucking serious go play olympus. ur just another shitter rebel that gets his ass whopped by career cops and bounty hunters and has another excuse to why u lost 

Just me or did this guy just say what were all thinking

Put yourself in my situation... 

You go to a cartel with a gang that has 3+ players capping it. You down one of them, another one is watching his body, while the third guy is searching for you. 

This leaves you with having to either have the perfect chance of finding them all 3 bunched up together, or down one while watching your back from the third guy, searching for the 2nd guy, making sure you can exit the cartel, realising you are about to lose your last loadout, having to run 400 meters back to your car, all the while making sure the ONLY guy you have downed so far has 5 seconds before he gets back up. 

Second thread here about this, but anyway I feel like this thread has taken a turn people keep using examples as cops and keep in mind I said i'm all for the 45 seconds as a cop due to certain situations. My suggestion is possibly lowering that time slightly for BH. I feel that @eRr0r : n0 UnIT has made the only argument for down time since everyone else has just said its not that long or don't be bad and brush it off, most of them being higher ranked cops. However, with the post that @eRr0r : n0 UnIT has shared you can see there is also an issue here. In no instance should a BH be at a cartel since the intent is to fight for the capture unless in pursuit of a bounty. If in pursuit of a bounty it should be in fighting capacity not a solo BH that now can escape due to downed time. This in some ways has also helped hurt gang play on Asylum more so than Olympas as Ive seen BH not only camp cartels but also use downing rounds against apposing rebels completely stopping any re-engagements or further fights as now you have a couple downed, not killed enemy players sitting in restraints hindering the purpose of cartels or being a rebel in the first place.

On 5/9/2019 at 8:51 AM, Demon! said:

I love it how there is not real intelligent response here other than "Just another shitter rebel" and "go play olympus" what a wonderful welcoming message to players that will now read this thread and possibly go play Olympus. Its almost as if you dont care about the community here. This isnt a post that players should take offence to its just feedback from the community that enjoy to play Asylum and want to chat through to a solution even if the verdict is not to change anything, as long as the majority so please. I also take it you were incapable of reading that im not against this for cops and will go ahead and paste my prior dilemma here for you in hopes of a talk through.

lets say someone is picking apples and a squad of bounty hunters find them blindfold them and keep said player for 10 mins. Are you now implying that its the players fault for picking apples and putting himself in a bad situation or being a "shitter"? I wouldn't blame the player hes just trying to make some cash and get started on asylum and now his time has now been wasted and off he goes to another server. Just think about this for a second, when was the last time you saw a decent amount of newer players on Asylum? Its been some time and not only has one of the servers been removed but the player slots have been decreased. I know Arma 3 has been out for some time and that has a big impact but Asylum seems to have taken a bigger hit than many others. I feel as though there are just some boundaries that are here for new players that older players dont seem to see, one being other players, mainly BH due to time wasted. Sure a rebel can kill you and its time wasted but its nothing significant in comparison.

Anyway, these are just my thoughts as I really enjoy asylum and want it to thrive, but it has some harsh barriers for newer players and I know bounty hunters downing rounds arnt the only barrier but at least this is something to think about.

Bherky likes this
On 5/10/2019 at 1:04 PM, NotMike said:

You mean with the other 3/4ths of this servers population that already left to do so?

You mean all the retards that were banned and a handful if shitters? 

There is nothing wrong with the way downing rounds work

Bherky likes this
On 5/11/2019 at 3:38 PM, david_000 said:

Second thread here about this, but anyway I feel like this thread has taken a turn people keep using examples as cops and keep in mind I said i'm all for the 45 seconds as a cop due to certain situations. My suggestion is possibly lowering that time slightly for BH. I feel that @eRr0r : n0 UnIT has made the only argument for down time since everyone else has just said its not that long or don't be bad and brush it off, most of them being higher ranked cops. However, with the post that @eRr0r : n0 UnIT has shared you can see there is also an issue here. In no instance should a BH be at a cartel since the intent is to fight for the capture unless in pursuit of a bounty. If in pursuit of a bounty it should be in fighting capacity not a solo BH that now can escape due to downed time. This in some ways has also helped hurt gang play on Asylum more so than Olympas as Ive seen BH not only camp cartels but also use downing rounds against apposing rebels completely stopping any re-engagements or further fights as now you have a couple downed, not killed enemy players sitting in restraints hindering the purpose of cartels or being a rebel in the first place.

I love it how there is not real intelligent response here other than "Just another shitter rebel" and "go play olympus" what a wonderful welcoming message to players that will now read this thread and possibly go play Olympus. Its almost as if you dont care about the community here. This isnt a post that players should take offence to its just feedback from the community that enjoy to play Asylum and want to chat through to a solution even if the verdict is not to change anything, as long as the majority so please. I also take it you were incapable of reading that im not against this for cops and will go ahead and paste my prior dilemma here for you in hopes of a talk through.

lets say someone is picking apples and a squad of bounty hunters find them blindfold them and keep said player for 10 mins. Are you now implying that its the players fault for picking apples and putting himself in a bad situation or being a "shitter"? I wouldn't blame the player hes just trying to make some cash and get started on asylum and now his time has now been wasted and off he goes to another server. Just think about this for a second, when was the last time you saw a decent amount of newer players on Asylum? Its been some time and not only has one of the servers been removed but the player slots have been decreased. I know Arma 3 has been out for some time and that has a big impact but Asylum seems to have taken a bigger hit than many others. I feel as though there are just some boundaries that are here for new players that older players dont seem to see, one being other players, mainly BH due to time wasted. Sure a rebel can kill you and its time wasted but its nothing significant in comparison.

Anyway, these are just my thoughts as I really enjoy asylum and want it to thrive, but it has some harsh barriers for newer players and I know bounty hunters downing rounds arnt the only barrier but at least this is something to think about.

yes it is his fault for having a bounty 

and why even talk about downing rounds in the first place bounty hunters are underpowered already why make them worse 

Are you fucking stupid, don't be mad that you get bounties and get shit on. Nothing is wrong with the downing time shitter, listen to everyone and go play olympus mong.

1 hour ago, Demon! said:

yes it is his fault for having a bounty 

What if he didn't have a bounty, same situation. My point was to look at a barrier that could be effecting new players. Although, this might not be a huge problem it does have a slight impact on newer players. I can also see it not being significant enough which is why i'm honestly indifferent on what the community decides in this matter. Im not here to start beef or have people argue about being trash at the game. I just wanted civil conversation as this to me may be a concern for diminishing new players. 

1 hour ago, Jihadi Jim said:

Are you fucking stupid, don't be mad that you get bounties and get shit on. Nothing is wrong with the downing time shitter, listen to everyone and go play olympus mong.

Your part of the problem why cant you just have a civil conversation? The fact you think this is personal to me having bounties is ridiculous, due to the fact I play bounty hunter in game and have downing rounds myself, meaning I hardly ever carry a bounty with me. The point is to chat through to a solution and if your solution is to go play Olympus then great job not giving a shit about the future of asylum.

Look guys the point of the thread was to give feedback and I stated prior that if majority did not want to change anything than so be it. It appears as though the majority is completely fine with the down time, so I will no longer continue to post and accept that its what people prefer. However, I would have liked to have more intelligent/thought-through conversations with those who disagreed.

Bherky likes this

I see no problem with downing rounds. If you get restrained and left in the middle of nowhere just log off, I don't think any admin will ban you if you logged off after being left in a random house just because you didn't wait 10 minutes.

The whole point of having to wait 1 minute to get out of the down stage is so you can get restrained. Imagine downing someone, and then when you go to restrained him he get up and shoots you. Would not be fun. And if you say it's loo long, when you die you lose alot more time then the 1 minute you were downed for, so I see no problem.

Bherky likes this

Personally, with the server pop being >25 at non peak hours bounty hunters seem to have to push cartels because there are no other ways of targeting their bounty. Allowing bounty hunters to enter cartels although is VERY annoying for rebels, it allows for bounty hunters to be distinct from cops.

It seems the whole point of a bounty hunter system isn't because of 14 year olds like myself from joining the apd (after being blacklisted) it allows bounty hunters to have their own actions and responsible for following the laws. The APD seems to be the 'government' (in the sense of them controlling the island) and can't have in game/roleplay penalties (they get points off duty) bounty hunters, on the other hand, CAN be punished with in game consequences (being sent to jail, etc...).

This allows for the bounty hunters to have a different rush and perspective, bounty hunting is probably one of the most fun things, you experience gang fights, cop fights, revenge, and having the option of being infamous.

Edited by eRr0r : n0 UnIT