Civilian weapon laws

So I've been coming back to asylum after taking a long break and something still bugs me. How is there no civilian intermediate rifle license? The range of weapon options for a civilians trying to grind/lone wolf is so limited. It makes us/them/me more vulnerable, and to be honest it makes for a boring experience. I really think offering up an intermediate (5.45/5.56/5.8) license to carry for civilians could really improve gameplay for those of us just keeping to ourselves. Shit, you could even make it so that the license fees go to the APD personnel for the extra trouble.

I offer this alternative, if that seems too extreme. Make the sting/protector/vermin available for legal ownership. Why is the PDW the only pistol caliber weapon allowed? Wouldn't the "Protector" also be considered a personal defence weapon? If anyone says it's because the other smgs are too powerful, I maintain that you are wrong and stupid. They are not that different and for every perk they have they have a drawbacks as well.

What do you people think?

Just now, Bandit said:

Become a bounty hunter

It's just such a huge production. I don't care about bounties so why have to skill spec into it, to get a rifle that I have to manipulate the system to get lethals for. I just want to blast suckahs that mess with me. 

27 minutes ago, Nomadic said:

Make the sting/protector/vermin available for legal ownership. Why is the PDW the only pistol caliber weapon allowed?

I feel like allowing those to be up for legal ownership allows civilians to use downing rounds in them and use them for even more annoying crap than they already use the current gun store weapons for. 

Yuki Hayami likes this
Just now, TheCrestedPenguin said:

I feel like allowing those to be up for legal ownership allows civilians to use downing rounds in them and use them for even more annoying crap than they already use the current gun store weapons for. 

Misuse of downing weapons is already pretty rampant. It would be nice to level the playing field I think. What your saying will probably happen a bunch at first, but I think it would be more from people figuring out the mechanics of the situation and then it would even out. 

Maybe I'm just an arma weeb and I want more guns to accessorize my outfits in this cops v robbers dress up game. That's not so wrong is it?

Yuki Hayami likes this
  • 1 month later...

I could see this. I would like at least oen type of lethal legal firearm for general civs. Or a wider range of the SMGs. non-lethal weapons greatly outweigh lethals in fight, I would actually like to see people opt towards lethal offense and defense than legally downing each other into the grave. May actually balance out how many times people are left restrained and left for nothing. Truth is people will go the bounty route because it has better weapons and are legal to carry.