remove server 2 and 3

remove s2/s3?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. remove 2 and 3?

• keep s1 up only
    • keep s1 and s2 up
    • keep all up

55 minutes ago, TRYHARD said:

Reality is that the servers will continue to die if all 3 sit at low pop all day. Need to condense players. I still think shutting s2 and s3 down during the times they stay under 10 population would be ideal given that the servers crash once they reach 50 people.

This no point getting on a server with less than 10 people I can drive around and not find a single person for ages pointless even logging on unless you want to mindlessly grind money over and over.

Wasn't tanoa taken away because it was just a money farm?

TRYHARD likes this

Idk if that's the answer,i get it sucks pop is low an shit but,arma it self is sadly on the downside as much as it sucks but that's the reality,Until summer comes i don't see many people coming on like they used to,mainly people get on to fight cartels talk shit then leave..My question is what can be added or done to bring the player base together...E.G Rebels vs Cops at a certain time after restart so more groups try an work together for a main common goal,people made the fights to personal an brought it to another level imo an it killed the drive for people to fight or even try an learn it,plus the people that been banned for cheating an there friends just quit cause that person being a dumb fuck or other gangs just don't give a fuck lol

You can always tell who plays on server 1, because theyre the people who suggest S2/3 be taken down. You guys get to keep all your cool real estate and shit, while the rest of us get screwed. That suggestion that S2 be up from 2pm to 2am kind of sucks for the morning people who log on to play, but if the server has to go down then I want that.

Big Fred likes this
8 hours ago, NotMike said:

You can always tell who plays on server 1, because theyre the people who suggest S2/3 be taken down. You guys get to keep all your cool real estate and shit, while the rest of us get screwed. That suggestion that S2 be up from 2pm to 2am kind of sucks for the morning people who log on to play, but if the server has to go down then I want that.

be smart, go with it. when everyone sells their houses cuz it gets shutdown, buy all of them. then when the server eventually gets brought back you'll have the best houses

To be honest, everyone just wants to keep their own server.

People who play s2 will agree to get rid of s3, but not s1 because it's more populated.

S3 people will argue to keep S3 and be open to the idea of getting rid of S2.

People who play S1 will agree to get rid of all servers, except for themselves.

I am having trouble understanding the need for every person playing on server 1 to post about the same issue. This same, exact, idea has been brought up on 3+ separate threads. The same things have been said, and the same fact remains.

On 5/9/2019 at 5:10 PM, Ron Johnson said:

That is one subject no one can agree on, people have their houses and it causes controversy whenever closing down servers comes up in topic. People don't like the feeling of losing out on what they have invested so much of their time in, so I don't think we will see servers closing down to combine into one single at this time. Again I have no knowledge of insider discussions and what not, but I can give you my personal opinion on the situation.

Many have complained about server stability when reaching max capacity on servers (particularly Server 1), I am sure this is due to the issue at hand with the current mission file. Once the mission file has been filtered through and resolved, I am sure we will see the player population grow with rising confidence in server performance with the release of Asylum V2.

I believe transferring all players onto one server will not help the player population stay stable and full at all times simply because of this "unknown" stability issue at this time. Spreading a player base that averages equally through low-peak hours (12am-12pm) and unequally during peak hours would not solve the larger issue at hand which is stability due to everyone being squeezed onto Server 1 in which is already having issues at hand as it stands now.

Below is the information available on the game servers page by interacting with the BattleMetrics widgets:

bf7563e5496d952f6d973c1ee39a5586.png

All of this is my own personal opinion and thoughts. None of this has directly been influenced by Asylum staff or additional knowledge not available know/given to the general public.

Maaqs likes this
On 5/16/2019 at 4:26 AM, Ron Johnson said:

I am having trouble understanding the need for every person playing on server 1 to post about the same issue. This same, exact, idea has been brought up on 3+ separate threads. The same things have been said, and the same fact remains.

Your chart means nothing. Basically to sum up what you are saying; Asylum HAS to have 3 servers to compensate for the lack of performance. That's leading to a lack of population during off-peak times. Simple solution; Keep S1 open permanently and have the other 2 on set open and closing times. The servers do not perform due to the current state of the mission file which has been clarified multiple times hence the creation of Asylum v2. This would be a solution to off-peak population once we have stable performance. If German life servers can hold 130 players there's no excuse once v2 drops.

TRYHARD and Sheriff Rick like this
On 5/15/2019 at 11:26 PM, Ron Johnson said:

So you're expecting people to play on low pop servers until an update arrives?  Yeah, that's not a great idea.  I much rather play on unstable server that actually has players and shit to do rather than an empty one with fuck all to do.

12 minutes ago, GO7NEY said:

Your chart means nothing. Basically to sum up what you are saying; Asylum HAS to have 3 servers to compensate for the lack of performance. That's leading to a lack of population during off-peak times. Simple solution; Keep S1 open permanently and have the other 2 on set open and closing times. The servers do not perform due to the current state of the mission file which has been clarified multiple times hence the creation of Asylum v2. This would be a solution to off-peak population once we have stable performance. If German life servers can hold 130 players there's no excuse once v2 drops.

Not sure what you’re trying to prove here. Condensing server population onto one server would solve nothing. NOTHING. The only choice that makes sense is to do nothing.

Just now, Elaiscancer said:

Well hey, I played when there was actually populated servers and it crashed.  There's no point playing now, literally nobody is ever on and it's boring.

Yet you wonder why the servers aren’t populated... you don’t see the reason? Maybe because people like you quit being confident in the community you “care so much about”

1 minute ago, Ron Johnson said:

Yet you wonder why the servers aren’t populated... you don’t see the reason? Maybe because people like you quit being confident in the community you “care so much about”

Hey, I want Asylum to thrive because most other Altis Life servers suck and there's nothing else like it.  It doesn't mean I am going to play on an unpopulated server just to contribute or whatever.  I wanna get back to having fun on Asylum but there's literally nothing to do right now because there's hardly any players on at any given time.  I hope there's a population boom the further we get into summer but more likely than not you're going to have to take off a server if you want a consistent population.

Just now, Elaiscancer said:

Hey, I want Asylum to thrive because most other Altis Life servers suck and there's nothing else like it.  It doesn't mean I am going to play on an unpopulated server just to contribute or whatever.  I wanna get back to having fun on Asylum but there's literally nothing to do right now because there's hardly any players on at any given time.  I hope there's a population boom the further we get into summer but more likely than not you're going to have to take off a server if you want a consistent population.

Or people just play on S1 if they want to do things... leave it up to the players what they want to do. Taking down servers won’t make those people on S2 or S3 want to play on S1. They most likely will stop playing until S2 or S3 are back up. 

Players don’t want the thought of their hard work being wasted and I believe that is the issue at this time. People are confused about the future of Asylum V2 with people spreading inaccurate and unofficial information about housing and player information. Also spreading rumors about closing servers. That is why it ticks me off when I see posts like this, it only causes more issues than it resolves. 

No one wants to see their server close with all their hard work on. But if players simply go to one server to fight cartels or banks or feds, so be it. I don’t think administrative action needs to be taken in order to force players to play. 

I know you guys have your point of view and I respect that, but I think the best thing to do is play it safe and allow the community to work through the current problem. In the end, everyone will be happy once we see further information on Asylum V2

49 minutes ago, GO7NEY said:

You dont get it goyney. Having 3 servers averaging 10 population for 10-12 hours is actually the best option according to Ron's calculations! Better that instead of 1 server that has 30 because it might have instability!

Bustah and JoeDa like this
29 minutes ago, TRYHARD said:

You dont get it goyney. Having 3 servers averaging 10 population for 10-12 hours is actually the best option according to Ron's calculations! Better that instead of 1 server that has 30 because it might have instability!

are u dumb or just stupid? you're telling me you dont like playing on a server with 10 people dude? is that not fun to you? well its fun to me because i like to make money with my good houses on the server loaded with those 10 people!

Bustah and goyney like this
11 minutes ago, Marzoh said:

are u dumb or just stupid? you're telling me you dont like playing on a server with 10 people dude? is that not fun to you? well its fun to me because i like to make money with my good houses on the server loaded with those 10 people!

plus yuan