Thoughts on APD Policy Update?

Also experienced a situation earlier where after the APD got wiped the first time, second time they came back to the illegal area (only two of us were there), they were already using lethals.

In essence, I feel as though eventually after getting wiped over and over again eventually the cops will be able to just go ahead with lethals despite having more numbers in the majority of situations and lethal everybody while seizing their drugs/illegal items.

Edited by Mauv
a

Maybe Im alone here but I really dont understand what the 2 life rule is supposed to accomplish. 

Its my understanding that the guideline was made to give people running drugs a chance to process and get out granted they wipe the cops. Yet there are 6 different ways cops can come back anyway. How are the people running drugs supposed to know if they pinged? Or are currently getting warrent tracked? Or that an LT or CPT isnt just allowing the cops to go for a third time?

Am I supposed to keep a spread sheet and tally up every cop that dies to make sure they havent come a third time?

What if I shoot the cop from inside the illegal area but he dies outside of the area? Does that count as a life? 

If an officer logs on after the conflict has started do they also get 2 lives even when most officers have already lost both lives?

If 6 officers use their 2 lives can 1 log off bringing the total officer count to 5 and allow them to continue coming back?

Seems like a lot of confusion, especially for the newer players this rule was implemented to help out.

A better solution

Cops that arrive at an illegal area and are killed may come back 1 time with as many officers as they can rally up in a single push. Once all officers are killed the area is deemed unsafe for patrol and is to left alone for 20 minutes. 

This makes it more cut and dry. Kill constable joe and cadet tim, they bring 7 cops to try to take over coke field. If all officers die than any officers that respond within 20 minutes can be reported.

Edited by TRYHARD
Mauv, 王 rando 王, Maaqs and 2 others like this

coke runs are a goddamn waste of time tbh.  Payout is garbage in relation to the hassle you have to go through.

Get yourself a DP11 house, gather/store unprocessed coke as a naked. (If u get caught, oh well) and run guns.

Too many easy opportunities for cops to bust you while running coke.

BTW, the entire policy is bullshit imo 

Edited by •ÐŠ• cHIP oTLE
TRYHARD, ZIM2233, Mauv and 3 others like this
14 hours ago, TRYHARD said:

Maybe Im alone here but I really dont understand what the 2 life rule is supposed to accomplish. 

Its my understanding that the guideline was made to give people running drugs a chance to process and get out granted they wipe the cops. Yet there are 6 different ways cops can come back anyway. How are the people running drugs supposed to know if they pinged? Or are currently getting warrent tracked? Or that an LT or CPT isnt just allowing the cops to go for a third time?

Am I supposed to keep a spread sheet and tally up every cop that dies to make sure they havent come a third time?

What if I shoot the cop from inside the illegal area but he dies outside of the area? Does that count as a life? 

If an officer logs on after the conflict has started do they also get 2 lives even when most officers have already lost both lives?

If 6 officers use their 2 lives can 1 log off bringing the total officer count to 5 and allow them to continue coming back?

Seems like a lot of confusion, especially for the newer players this rule was implemented to help out.

A better solution

Cops that arrive at an illegal area and are killed may come back 1 time with as many officers as they can rally up in a single push. Once all officers are killed the area is deemed unsafe for patrol and is to left alone for 20 minutes. 

This makes it more cut and dry. Kill constable joe and cadet tim, they bring 7 cops to try to take over coke field. If all officers die than any officers that respond within 20 minutes can be reported.

Agree with you 100%; the vague nature of the policy change does not help either.

Ron Johnson likes this
50 minutes ago, Mauv said:

Agree with you 100%; the vague nature of the policy change does not help either.

Its the case with most policy's including lethaling as you mentioned above

22 hours ago, Mauv said:

Also experienced a situation earlier where after the APD got wiped the first time, second time they came back to the illegal area (only two of us were there), they were already using lethals.

In essence, I feel as though eventually after getting wiped over and over again eventually the cops will be able to just go ahead with lethals despite having more numbers in the majority of situations and lethal everybody while seizing their drugs/illegal items.

There is like 5 reasons someone can lethal and past that discretion will allow them to lethal anyway. Impossible to report someone because you dont know if they voted or how the vote went.

Also love how common cops go to a sniping position and because they chose to snipe the person that is now "unreachable" gets lethaled. Again though its impossible to report because you dont know if lethals were authorized anyway.

I'd personally like to see the captains take steps to remove loopholes that ultimately keep cops from being held accountable.

Judg3, Mauv and Maaqs like this