Change Log 8.4.1

12 hours ago, Samperino said:

• Only Captains (around 20 whitelisted players, less than half of which are active) can purchase this weapon.
  • The counter of this weapon for civilian (MK200) is purchasable by all civilians.

Yea, must of been multiple captains on the other day then like 3-4 people had em when we tried doing a prison an i wasnt expecting it lol

Fried Rice and J9HUNNA like this
16 hours ago, Sean That Irish Guy said:

Its 40k+ for the gun and 5k a mag compared to cop prices so

"But it costs so much!" has never been a good argument for civilian weaponry vs cop weaponry.

Civilians

• The only barrier to entry for civilians to get a gun is a talent and money.
  • Civilians have a plethora of ways to make that money.
  • Civilians have one rule they have to abide by: RDM.

Police

• Barrier to entry is rank.
  • Cops don't make a hell of a lot of money.
  • Cops have many different policies, on top of RDM, that they have to abide by when using weaponry. Lots of civilians wanting to report cops for breaking that APD policy.

All in all, I would call that pretty balanced. When civilians are able to spend even more for suicide vests and speedbombs, I don't think $40k + $5k per magazine is a big compromise for such a gun.

18 minutes ago, Samperino said:

"But it costs so much!" has never been a good argument for civilian weaponry vs cop weaponry.

Civilians

Police

• Cops have many different policies, on top of RDM, that they have to abide by when using weaponry. Lots of civilians wanting to report cops for breaking that APD policy.

All in all, I would call that pretty balanced. When civilians are able to spend even more for suicide vests and speedbombs, I don't think $40k + $5k per magazine is a big compromise for such a gun.

Suicide vests and car bombs can be used to flatten buildings, kill large groups, and destroy any vehicle upon use, they should be 50k. Mk 200's on the other hand are not guaranteed kills, they are incapable of flattening a building, and can only blow up a vehicle after hundreds of rounds. MK 200 base price is too high, same for LIM, (Im not a cop so it may already be like this) I think that the price of the MXSW should equal the difference between a rebel MK 1 and a MK 200, so at least 20k.

J9HUNNA likes this
16 minutes ago, Samperino said:

Cops have many different policies, on top of RDM, that they have to abide by when using weaponry. Lots of civilians wanting to report cops for breaking that APD policy.

This is such a retarded argument. The only time anyone complains about getting shit on by an mxsw is when they have gear and are actively fighting back. When the APD is engaged in a firefight there is no restrictions on using a weapon, that is why the gun is OP because it has a significant advantage against the other guns frequently used by rebels.

Good Lub, Dally, TRYHARD and 3 others like this
28 minutes ago, Samperino said:

Civilians

Police

You are such a naive person its actually amazing you can still function on a day to day basis.

Having a cheap 100 round mag gun on cop where you can easily just regear vs a expensive rarely bought gun that can go poof in a second with still broke downing rounds is not grounds for an argument.

Cops dont make a hell of a lot of money?? 

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115cf578d678624c3545

Edited by Sean That Irish Guy
thero, Maaqs, Fried Rice and 7 others like this
28 minutes ago, Samperino said:

Civilians

Police

APD hands up!  Or F to initiate on somebody.  Man that's rough 

Maaqs, Fried Rice, TRYHARD and 3 others like this
4 minutes ago, Sean That Irish Guy said:

You are such a naive person its actually amazing you can still function on a day to day basis.

Having a cheap 100 round mag gun on cop where you can easily just regear vs a expensive rarely bought gun that can go poof in a second with still broke downing rounds is not grounds for an argument.

Cops dont make a hell of a lot of money?? 

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115cf578d678624c3545

Sure. We’ll make it the same price as civilian and open it up to Constable+ to make it fair.

cHIP oTLE and Chase Gustavsen like this
18 hours ago, Samperino said:

• Only Captains (around 20 whitelisted players, less than half of which are active) can purchase this weapon.
  • The counter of this weapon for civilian (MK200) is purchasable by all civilians.

The problem isn't only the amount of ammo per clip of the weapon retard, its the 0 fucking recoil with the bipod.

Edited by Poke

I'm not even against the captain MSXW. Its definitely a step up and I don't see a reason why captains shouldn't have a better gun than LT's. But why try and act like it was implemented to give cops an MK200 equivalent? 

MK200 costs so much that no one ever buys it. And if I'm not mistaken rebels are supposed to have the superior equipment available while cops often have numbers and free/cheap gear. 

1 hour ago, Samperino said:

Sure. We’ll make it the same price as civilian and open it up to Constable+ to make it fair.

Make it so I can spawn at rebel with a free load out and we have a deal.

1 hour ago, TRYHARD said:

I'm not even against the captain MSXW. Its definitely a step up and I don't see a reason why captains shouldn't have a better gun than LT's. But why try and act like it was implemented to give cops an MK200 equivalent?

It wasn't. It was initially added as a tester to see if it would be viable to give to other ranks. It wasn't given to Captains for the sole purpose of a counter to the MK200.
End result, or the result so far, is that it's not overpowered enough to remove from the cop force, but powerful enough to keep at the Captain rank. But that's not up to me entirely, that's up to CM/Ownership. 

MK200 costs so much that no one ever buys it. And if I'm not mistaken rebels are supposed to have the superior equipment available while cops often have numbers and free/cheap gear. 

I'm not entirely sure about the history of the price of the MK200, but I believe it's been the same price since it was implemented on Asylum. The problem is that the meta has changed quite drastically since new guns have been added over time. We're acting like the civilians are hurting because the MK200 is "too expensive to use," but let's be real, even if it was cheaper, you would still buy and use the MK-I EMR just because of how powerful it is. The issue isn't pricing, it's the meta as a whole.

Make it so I can spawn at rebel with a free load out and we have a deal.

Hah. If I had full reigns, I would make police equipment cost the same as civilian equipment. 1:1 ratio.

TRYHARD likes this
37 minutes ago, Samperino said:

I'm not entirely sure about the history of the price of the MK200, but I believe it's been the same price since it was implemented on Asylum. The problem is that the meta has changed quite drastically since new guns have been added over time. We're acting like the civilians are hurting because the MK200 is "too expensive to use," but let's be real, even if it was cheaper, you would still buy and use the MK-I EMR just because of how powerful it is. The issue isn't pricing, it's the meta as a whole.

For the most part it is about prices. Aside from the kids that run money all day just to buy the most expensive loadout they can at rebel.

Need some long overdue price adjustments to get people using other guns. If shit isnt being bought bring the price down and maybe everyone wouldnt be using the MK1 or MK18. 

Samperino and Ghost0fDawn like this
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Dillon said:

I’m sorry but with the constant nerfs to money making I’m losing my will to play this game due to the fact that they want to limit the money we make because if we make to much money we will cause problems for the career cops and we can’t let that happen since most of the staff only play cop!

There hasn’t been any legit nerfs to money making.  Scotch is now, how it should’ve always been.  And gun running was just balanced out.  They were tweaked so now having Wongs and Arms Cartels actually mean something...  How they were before woulda been like running meth without having a cartel cut taken out if you don’t own Drug Cartel.

And some staff are career cops PRIOR to becoming staff.  There are few exceptions... for example; Mason - not a career cop, and Steve rarely EVER plays cop.

And hey, if you are bothered that your money-making methods have been tweaked,  you could always do the campaign for the 25th time. ;)

J9HUNNA likes this