New official DLC coming May 23rd.

22 minutes ago, Samperino said:

Agreed. The last piece of shite though was a community DLC (mod). This is going to be an official DLC which means it can be implemented into Asylum, possibly.

Very excited.

Although, I was hoping for bicycles on Asylum!

arma physics+bicycles=notgonnathinkaboutit

Edited by Good Lub

I'm leaning towards an alien invasion expansion.  Somebody found a file string or something along those lines that an expansion might be called contact.  There's also two pieces of evidence that really support this which is

https://imgur.com/BCtpgRG  - This is a texture file that has been in the game for ages.

This was done for April fools I believe but there's an ayylmao being shot.

Lastly I'll leave you with a quote that's from one of the SITREPS ( I think ) which is  "we do have quite some new content lined up. For example, our developers in Bohemia's Amsterdam office are collaborating with our people in the Czech Republic and Thailand on a fairly unusual yet sizeable Arma 3 DLC. This is progressing very nicely, and it'll bring various bigger and smaller assets to the wider Arma 3 sandbox, alongside several top secret components. Nothing else afaik."

So I bet it's aliens.  I don't think it's particularly a good idea, most Arma players want new weapons, vehicles and factions that are useable on things on like KOTH or Altis life.  Also, Aliens would likely have to use the same AI that regular soldiers do so it's going to look incredibly bad unless they improve AI and the engine.   But if it adds more useable weapons and vehicles then it can't be the worst thing to come out but I don't think they really understand their own community lol.

Edited by Elaiscancer
9 hours ago, Sean That Irish Guy said:

Nobody seen this coming, it was a surprised upload and release on their part. They refer to it as an "expansion" so my guess is some sort of massive campaign with some new weapons and vehicles maybe, along with other miscellaneous shit. 

Couldn’t care about anything else atm other than them fixing hit boxes and vehicle collision which probably won’t happen

Big Fred likes this