APD Policy Update - Discussion

Probable Cause Addition

A civilian who enters a police headquarters now grants probable cause.
The civilian must enter a police headquarters themselves, and not by other means.

Coming from a person that has played 50% cop and 50% civilian over my thousands of hours on Asylum, I do not agree with this new policy. Seems unnecessary...

Mason and Patato like this
2 minutes ago, TheCrestedPenguin said:

Why do you think its a bad idea.

Gives cops an unnecessary reason to search a civilian, if someone enters HQ to report a crime or talk with an officer they should not be subject to a search.

Edited by Phil | OG
Kawaii likes this
1 minute ago, TheCrestedPenguin said:

you know you can text 911 right?

Only idiots and people with bad intentions come into the HQ with illegal contraband.

That's not true, I've put an illegal gun in my backpack just go to in HQ an interact with officers with no bounty before. So from your logic texting 911 that is ignored 99.99999% of the time is better than voice interaction?

Edited by Phil | OG
Just now, Phil | OG said:

That's not true, I've put an illegal gun in my backpack just go to in HQ an interact with officers with no bounty before. So from your logic texting 911 that is ignored 99.99999% of the time is better than voice interaction?

My point still stands and i never said its better i said it exists. If you want to talk to a cop don't carry an illegal firearm within the HQ. 

Just now, Phil | OG said:

It also gives you NO chance to save friends from being arrested, if I walk in the HQ with no weapon and lock picks on my person I can just be instantly restrained. Not cool...

Get a group of people and not just a rook with a few lock-picks to try to rescue your friend. It should take some effort to rescue your friend.

7 minutes ago, TheCrestedPenguin said:

My point still stands and i never said its better i said it exists. If you want to talk to a cop don't carry an illegal firearm within the HQ. 

Get a group of people and not just a rook with a few lock-picks to try to rescue your friend. It should take some effort to rescue your friend.

I suppose we will have to agree to disagree on this one...

Ive been playing both sides for god knows how long now and ive been able to walk into HQ's with vests in my bag and nades on me etc and its way to easy so adding another fear factor wont hurt. Chances are if you try and save someone who was caught you wont enter via the main gate where its always protected anyways so you'll more than likely will never be searched. And if you do enter knowing this is in effect now you're an idiot so you prob deserve to get caught.

Just don't go into HQ and report a crime it's not hard. Wait outside lol HQs ain't that big you can just stand at the gate and send a 911 I'm sure someone will talk to you. Civs can walk around a HQ a suivest and 5 grenades and be completely fine. That shouldn't be the case that's why the rule was added. It's not hard to just stand outside the HQ

Rag likes this
56 minutes ago, Ron Johnson said:

Very understandable policy update. Makes perfect sense in every way you look at the situation. Imagine walking into a police station in real life and an officer has suspicion you have drugs on you.

I feel like you're finding something wrong just for the reason to complain. 

the-difference-between-a-brown-noser-and

48 minutes ago, Mason Statham said:

Stupid policy. If you think someone is going to do something such as pull a vest, gun or grenade you shouldn't even let them past the gate.

Just gonna cause a ton of unnecessary searches.

Agreed

3 hours ago, TheCrestedPenguin said:

you know you can text 911 right?

Only idiots and people with bad intentions come into the HQ with illegal contraband.

Part of the problem is that it will diminish roleplay because the first thing so many cops will do is initiate, restrain and search if people are in an HQ and not be interested in much else.   

Kawaii likes this

Lets just make the police HQ a green zone because clearly staff doesnt want HQ being attacked. Combat seizing rules out the window, probable cause for simply being in the compound, and a 15k charge for attacking it. 

Expect rebels to defend a fed and its 3 gates but we cant ask that cops be able to defend the 1 gate at 4/5 HQ's? 

Terrible batch of captains. 

wollie35, Maaqs, Slick and 1 other like this
  • 3 weeks later...

I didn't see any problem with the former HQ situation, where a cop would tell a civ to "leave HQ or be downed" (or if they're a shitty cop just "Leave my HQ"). Now they are initiated and APD has probable cause if the civ didn't leave. It literally took less than 5 seconds.They are just trying to cut out another step / reduce the RP and engagement required by APD to down someone and give them a ticket.

The barley thing is total horseshit to me. Possession of illegal liquor? For BARLEY? As someone that cooks a lot of barley pizza (so I often carry around barley, water, and yeast), I feel personally targeted here.  Again, just trying to cut out more RP and engagement from APD. Will I eventually be charged for "illegal drug possesion" while driving an empty van because that van could become filled with drugs? 

This policy update reeks of self interest. Like most APD policy updates, they are in place to allow APD to RP far less while turning over tickets faster and therefore making more money, instead of to make life safer and better for the honest citizens of Altis that are just trying to sell their peaches and go home to their waifu bodypillows at the end of the day. The APD is supposed to be a public service. It is supposed to be there to protect and serve the people of Asylum. These policy changes do nothing but make the game less enjoyable for Civs, while making it easier and easier for the APD to play Robocop. 0/10

theyellowking likes this