Standards that Captains are held too.

37 minutes ago, HomeUser said:

Regarding the whole ifrit thing, it's a one-time thing and it's not a big deal. If they pushed in a strider/hunter or an ifrit at the end of the day its still armor. Only difference is speed, number of seats and the driver can smoke.

Right. But if a constable did it they'd be blacklisted within the hour.

smellypig likes this
1 hour ago, Durga said:

I've never seen a Captain, retired or otherwise, go out of their way to be abusive. I don't want to use a blanket excuse such as "they deserved it", or "they knew what they were doing / getting themselves into". Butsometimes, that is the case.

Looking from the outside in on what a Captain in game does can look very damning. What's likely is that the Captain has a good reason for lethaling, jailing, increasing someone's ticket, or even leaving them restrained for 10 minutes. 

Just a day or two ago, I drove a suspect back from a bank robbery. If you were on the outside of the situation, you would've seen me simply drive back to HQ, and throw him in jail without saying a word to him. In reality, he was screaming his lungs out in vehicle chat, and I'm absolutely not going to process that.

We've been on these servers long enough, 2013 btw, to have a rapport with almost everyone who has stuck around on these servers. We recognize your name and your past interactions with us. If we know someone to be toxic, troll us, bar gate us, etc, we'll give you a shorter leash. There are ways to get attention from the police that doesn't require us to dislike you for it.

While the solution isn't as simple as "Be nicer to the police", it would go a long way to correcting the issues you're bringing up, @Sean That Irish Guy. If you report an officer who's treating you like shit, and the video shows him treating you like shit, but you are also treating him like shit, it devalues your report. If you report a cop being an asshole for no reason, he'll have guaranteed action taken. The way I used to handle reports on officers boiled down to a couple of factors. Was the officer acting negatively as a reaction, did he make a mistake, or was he being malicious. Only two of those deserve punishment, and one needs a lot of context.

Sort of rambling, but if you don't give an officer a reason to mistreat you, he'll eventually get himself demoted/removed.

I can't speak for the spawning stuff in, or lethaling someone to not have to drive them back.

can confirm that was me screaming

Rag, Dally, Bustah and 2 others like this
2 minutes ago, HomeUser said:

See you clearly dont understand Constable and Captain are far from each other. Its call the chain of command. Maybe you need to redo your ride along

Clearly you don’t understand that being a higher up should make you more responsible to the rules, not less. Don’t know how you’re a sergeant with a comprehension like that

Donald likes this
5 minutes ago, HomeUser said:

See you clearly dont understand Constable and Captain are far from each other. Its call the chain of command. Maybe you need to redo your ride along

Okay lol.  This is a video game.  If you are going to make the rules and hold people to standards you created then you should also be held to them as well.  Do as I say not do as I do is a way to quickly make things a joke.

Kawaii and Donald like this
54 minutes ago, Elaiscancer said:

I'm not going to say names but there is 100% a retired captain ( Still retired and not removed, to my knowledge ) who lethals and sends to jail for no reason other than you hurt his feelings.

lol not guna say names huh?! Not obvious at all who you are talking about

@wollie35 have an accusation against a Ret.Captain / Captain? Cool, just make sure to report it in the appropriate section with the appropriate evidence.

Don't come into an actual nice discussion for once and claim:

22 minutes ago, wollie35 said:

yeah ~snip~ does shit he shouldn't do

that literally brings nothing to the table.

42 minutes ago, Michael L said:

Clearly you don’t understand that being a higher up should make you more responsible to the rules, not less. Don’t know how you’re a sergeant with a comprehension like that

he got captain promoted he's going to argue in their favor till the day he dies

Raza and Vlad like this
3 hours ago, Jake said:

If an admin is abusing their powers (using their powers to their advantage, not using them to fix issues) then make a report.... typically most admins are careful about what they do in game from what I have seen.... @Mitch (IFRIT) Would beat us if we abuse our powers/make ourselves have an unfair advantage

Why mitch? He doesnt rank above you he is an admin just like you only owners can beat you.

Jake likes this
1 hour ago, Zoex said:

@wollie35 have an accusation against a Ret.Captain / Captain? Cool, just make sure to report it in the appropriate section with the appropriate evidence.

Don't come into an actual nice discussion for once and claim:

that literally brings nothing to the table.

tbh i was just saying the name that the others were talking about. If i am not allowed to say someones name within in the same sentence of: doing shit he shouldn't do you got alot of posts to go through

4 hours ago, HomeUser said:

Also, you gotta understand they are captains. They have been on the APD for a very long time, they deal with all the bullshit that you don't see having a little freedom on cop is a perk with the rank

Yikes. I feel like this fits the flow of the thread :100:

I have never done anything that Irish mentioned. I play to have fun and I want others around me to have fun. The only time I break the rules is when someone truly deserves it. Captains have always been able to bend the rules. It has been appart of the rank since day one. It's what separates the Captains from the Lieutenants. We are trusted to make these calls and to not take them to far. If it does go to far then a report should be made. The past has shown that Captains are not untouchable. I understand that being on the other end is frustrating. I have been on civ plenty of times with a different name and have been bitch slapped by a Captain. I just feel this post was made due to the actions of one or two people and not the majority of the whitelisted Captains. I play with Samp and Codie quite a bit and I never see them doing anything that would be damaging to the community. We all care about the servers very much and try our best to make the experience better. We have never stabbed anyone in the back for the simple reason of "we can do whatever we want."

BlackShot, Samperino, Durga and 4 others like this
5 hours ago, Scott said:

I hear all the time about things that happen but I haven't witnessed too much either. The only thing I can really remember happening was getting pushed at the bank by cops in an ifrit last week which was... interesting.

Ya that ifrit was a bit overkill, thought it was a couple civs at first, come to find out it was a captain

On 5/21/2019 at 3:09 PM, HomeUser said:

If a politician bangs some underage girl, chances are dude walks away with probation. If a regular dude bangs an underage girl he might get years in prison, and chances are he's gonna have a hard time in prison because of his crime. How is that any different from the situation at hand?

I'm not advocating any if that shit but you basically just said, "If your rank/title holds any kind of prestige you're gold, now bow down like a little bitch and submit to your higher up." Fuck that hot garbage.

This has been a thing for a long time.Imo if there retired they are choosing to retire there position an what comes with it,maybe be able to keep something as a thank you for there service seems fair,but no doubt its getting to another level of they legit don't give 2 shits an they wont get in trouble for anything an or gets swept under the rug.

For the people who are being aids i get it,but even the people who are not being aids they get it just as bad cause there in the same group or gang.Ive told my guys if they wanna push that line dont get mad or salty if they start doing shit back an keep you in cuffs or just send you to jail or w/e takes 2 to tango is the way i see it.

Ive seen it alot more in the past couple months that if these cops are around an patrolling around they do as they please,come back as many times as they wish,like sean said pulling w/e they feel like for who ever they feel like.If they would send a text to who ever is doing a prison/fed/bank an just a simple heads up like hey care if we pull this or that an let me know id say most times people dont care or are up for the challenge,But when it gets to the point of them doing it for everything at any time for any reason they seem fit that is imo pushing it a bit to far and is unfair to a point.

As far as reporting these issues i feel its kinda pointless casue ive had some people report it and they find smallest reason it gets no action taken.Now if this is due to who knows who i dont know for sure but thats pretty much the only thing that can be thought of when it comes to issues like that.

Another thing ive have happen to me an others is cops using the aggression system like civ "red is dead" or they try an "rp" it as such.I get it i do,but they dont announce anything its just get shot on sight,even before we get the chance to re initiate to be on the safe side.

this is getting a little to long but the point is there is a issue here that needs to be looked into..But again keep in mind i understand cop isn't the easiest an thick skin is a thing an people including my guys push that line alot,But i feel its become more of a thing to cost people money an play dirty to get the "win" an to get that pay check.Even more so on the bigger gangs/groups. I am pretty sure this has been brought up in the past but never heard anything come from it an it just continues.

Sheriff Rick likes this

Captain "Issue"

Hey there. I'm going to address your "concerns" here as I feel the majority of them are likely to be unfounded and baseless.
I'll start off by saying that I feel that I was put into the position I'm in because I'm able to deal with situations in an unbiased manner and by being a level headed individual. If you've spoken to me before, one on one, you'll know this for a fact. I can almost say for certain that I have never spoken to you personally one on one, so I'd like to think this is all conjecture.

8 hours ago, Sean That Irish Guy said:

Right now Captains, retired captains and captains who are admins, are not being held accountable for the things they do and its been getting increasingly worse over the past few weeks

That's a fair opinion to have. The problem with spouting stuff like this in a public forum is that you will have people who have had situations arise in the past (not necessarily recently) who will say, "yeah the Captains have done this to me in the past!!! Fuck the Captains!!!" without actually giving any information beyond that. In the past, Asylum was very heavily police-admin oriented and you had admin Captains who would spawn in Armed Ghosthawks, Hunter GMG/HMGs, etc in active fights. Asylum in 2019 is completely the opposite.

The Captains, and myself even, are held to a very high standard. I will publicly say that the only time I have spawned in anything "unfair" was when I was trying out the .50 cal BW rounds for the Type 115 gun. Guess what? I got in trouble for it, because there are standards, and you should be very thankful that there are standards on Asylum. There are boundaries, and while they may not be set in stone, they're definitely understood by everyone.

Ive seen them down and restrain people who are right beside them at prisons, banks feds and after a few minutes just un-restrain and execute them because they dont wanna get them brought back to HQ,

Captains have the privilege of being able to go around or above the APD's guidebook when and if they feel necessary. Again, this is a privilege and not a right, and has been that way since Asylum's inception. The fact that this is being brought up and discussed now makes me think there is something else going on here.

To go into specifics on this issue here, if any officer is found to be downing a suspect, restraining them, just to take them out of restraints and execute them on the spot, they will have appropriate action taken against them.

Please take note when I say appropriate action takenAppropriate action highly depends on the situation at hand. To give an example, you coming in here and making this post is about as useful as a random individual messaging me on TeamSpeak telling me that "a cop is abusing my rights." While I will fish for more information, word only goes so far. I can't just take the word of someone and take action on that. I need to see it happening, through sufficient evidence (video, screenshot, etc). Action taken depends on the amount of evidence given, the situation, and the context behind the situation.

I would also like to point out that it is more common to see a rebel shoot and kill their friend on the ground, or jump off a building killing themselves than seeing a cop unrestraining a suspect at the active fight to kill them.

spawn in rebel vehicles for themselves to attack prisons, banks and feds,

None of our active Captains have the ability to do this except myself, and I don't do that. If you're talking about the retired Captains, there are a couple who have the ability to do this, but as I said before, I don't see this happening and I need to see evidence or a report of it happening, or nothing can be done about it.

countless times where they just lethal people with or without guns when they please

Again, the ~17 whitelisted Captains have the ability to do this when they feel necessary. Also, when I say ~17 whitelisted Captains, only a handful of those actually log in to play on the servers. Something to keep in mind.

and if reported it will be boiled down to "They are a higher up and they made there own decision during the situation"

I'm not sure where you're getting this information from. Your one and only Internal Affairs report back in April on the 22nd was on a Corporal about racism, which is funny because you have no problem with racism at all (gSUMa8Q.png). All of the complaints you are talking about, I just don't see it happening.

6 hours ago, Sean That Irish Guy said:

@Clint Beastwood The point im trying to make with this post is to try and make the higher ups ie Captains follow the guideline that they enforce on those below them and i cant see any other way for that to happen other than having yourself step in to do so as they generally govern themselves, I dont think its much to ask really? with Asylum V2 around the corner the only other issue is this so why not knock it out beforehand? 

Community Managers and Owners are able to see all reports, including Captain reports. If they feel the need to step in, they will, and do.

In the end, it's very easy to see things differently from the outside. Since I became Chief, I try to make things as transparent as possible, as keeping everything behind closed doors isn't always healthy. Disciplinary action against individuals I feel should always be dealt with behind closed doors, unless the individuals being dealt with would like to make it public. Player reports and ban appeals hold the same expectation in regards to privacy.
In the past, I feel as though the Captain role has had a very clique-like feel to it, and I prefer to keep it away from that. While the Captains and retired Captains are fairly close-knit, there is never any hesitation in regards to disciplinary if it is necessary.

I've also said this before and I will say it again, I want to see more reports if this happening. I want to see evidence, and not just APD bashing.
If you don't wish to submit a report, you're always welcome to approach the Captain you have an issue with as well. We're all big boys and can handle a one on one civil conversation that doesn't involve "you're a fucking retard."

Louie, Scruggs, McMuffin and 10 others like this
1 hour ago, DarkKnight said:

I have never done anything that Irish mentioned. I play to have fun and I want others around me to have fun. The only time I break the rules is when someone truly deserves it. Captains have always been able to bend the rules. It has been appart of the rank since day one. It's what separates the Captains from the Lieutenants. We are trusted to make these calls and to not take them to far. If it does go to far then a report should be made. The past has shown that Captains are not untouchable. I understand that being on the other end is frustrating. I have been on civ plenty of times with a different name and have been bitch slapped by a Captain. I just feel this post was made due to the actions of one or two people and not the majority of the whitelisted Captains. I play with Samp and Codie quite a bit and I never see them doing anything that would be damaging to the community. We all care about the servers very much and try our best to make the experience better. We have never stabbed anyone in the back for the simple reason of "we can do whatever we want."

Ive never had an issue with you nor heard of you causing any issues, in fact its been quite the opposite. But out of the two people you mentioned, one of them was involved in what i stated in my original post. Now im not saying theyre constantly being corrupt or anything, we all know thats not whats going on, but when they do something like this it tends to leave a bad taste and filters down the ranks leading others to act in similar ways. Like someone mentioned above, they have been here for a long time and have played cop for a long time which is why they're captains but it is also another reason why they shouldnt be doing things like this and need to be held to a higher standard. Maybe this post will knock some heads or rattle some cages with some of the responses and that'll be enough, who knows.

Sheriff Rick likes this
36 minutes ago, Samperino said:

Captain "Issue"

Hey there. I'm going to address your "concerns" here as I feel the majority of them are likely to be unfounded and baseless.
I'll start off by saying that I feel that I was put into the position I'm in because I'm able to deal with situations in an unbiased manner and by being a level headed individual. If you've spoken to me before, one on one, you'll know this for a fact. I can almost say for certain that I have never spoken to you personally one on one, so I'd like to think this is all conjecture.

That's a fair opinion to have. The problem with spouting stuff like this in a public forum is that you will have people who have had situations arise in the past (not necessarily recently) who will say, "yeah the Captains have done this to me in the past!!! Fuck the Captains!!!" without actually giving any information beyond that. In the past, Asylum was very heavily police-admin oriented and you had admin Captains who would spawn in Armed Ghosthawks, Hunter GMG/HMGs, etc in active fights. Asylum in 2019 is completely the opposite.

The Captains, and myself even, are held to a very high standard. I will publicly say that the only time I have spawned in anything "unfair" was when I was trying out the .50 cal BW rounds for the Type 115 gun. Guess what? I got in trouble for it, because there are standards, and you should be very thankful that there are standards on Asylum. There are boundaries, and while they may not be set in stone, they're definitely understood by everyone.

Captains have the privilege of being able to go around or above the APD's guidebook when and if they feel necessary. Again, this is a privilege and not a right, and has been that way since Asylum's inception. The fact that this is being brought up and discussed now makes me think there is something else going on here.

To go into specifics on this issue here, if any officer is found to be downing a suspect, restraining them, just to take them out of restraints and execute them on the spot, they will have appropriate action taken against them.

Please take note when I say appropriate action takenAppropriate action highly depends on the situation at hand. To give an example, you coming in here and making this post is about as useful as a random individual messaging me on TeamSpeak telling me that "a cop is abusing my rights." While I will fish for more information, word only goes so far. I can't just take the word of someone and take action on that. I need to see it happening, through sufficient evidence (video, screenshot, etc). Action taken depends on the amount of evidence given, the situation, and the context behind the situation.

I would also like to point out that it is more common to see a rebel shoot and kill their friend on the ground, or jump off a building killing themselves than seeing a cop unrestraining a suspect at the active fight to kill them.

None of our active Captains have the ability to do this except myself, and I don't do that. If you're talking about the retired Captains, there are a couple who have the ability to do this, but as I said before, I don't see this happening and I need to see evidence or a report of it happening, or nothing can be done about it.

Again, the ~17 whitelisted Captains have the ability to do this when they feel necessary. Also, when I say ~17 whitelisted Captains, only a handful of those actually log in to play on the servers. Something to keep in mind.

I'm not sure where you're getting this information from. Your one and only Internal Affairs report back in April on the 22nd was on a Corporal about racism, which is funny because you have no problem with racism at all (gSUMa8Q.png). All of the complaints you are talking about, I just don't see it happening.

Community Managers and Owners are able to see all reports, including Captain reports. If they feel the need to step in, they will, and do.

In the end, it's very easy to see things differently from the outside. Since I became Chief, I try to make things as transparent as possible, as keeping everything behind closed doors isn't always healthy. Disciplinary action against individuals I feel should always be dealt with behind closed doors, unless the individuals being dealt with would like to make it public. Player reports and ban appeals hold the same expectation in regards to privacy.
In the past, I feel as though the Captain role has had a very clique-like feel to it, and I prefer to keep it away from that. While the Captains and retired Captains are fairly close-knit, there is never any hesitation in regards to disciplinary if it is necessary.

I've also said this before and I will say it again, I want to see more reports if this happening. I want to see evidence, and not just APD bashing.
If you don't wish to submit a report, you're always welcome to approach the Captain you have an issue with as well. We're all big boys and can handle a one on one civil conversation that doesn't involve "you're a fucking retard."

4 main points ive highlighted:

1. I totally understand the fact they can go above and around the guidebook but some do it more than they should, that was my main reason behind this thread in the first place. Yeah its been this way for god knows how long but when it becomes a frequent issue as of lately im gonna make a point about it.

2. Im glad that you will take action when needed. Although this person wasnt restrained, you might wanna give yourself a talking to. This is highly un-chief like.

https://gyazo.com/3e61ad797bf26b292650a79ad5b3f483

3. A certain retired Captain done this this the other day in the presence of admins so by all means feel free to ask around.

4. And lastly to this lovely screenshot. Obviously it looks back but if im not mistaken this was from god knows how long ago, appreciate the fact you actually took the time out to fish through group logs for this one, and is highly out of context. Im pretty sure im talking about someone else saying that specific word and not just saying it for the fun of it so id love to see what led up this this single line of text. You're obviously ok with showing this info so why not show the rest? I could be digging a hole for myself here but im pretty certain its not what it seems. Obviously i said the word but im pretty sure i wasnt directing it at anyone and was responding to someone about the use of that word somewhere.

Anyways, thank you for your response.

Edited by Sean That Irish Guy
Good Lub likes this
45 minutes ago, Sean That Irish Guy said:

2. Im glad that you will take action when needed. Although this person wasnt restrained, you might wanna give yourself a talking to. This is highly un-chief like.

This is very "chief-like." If I want to kill you, I will kill you.

This is difficult for me to comment on in specific as I don't recall this situation, but I'll go through what my thought process might have been. We're at an active prison break, by the looks of it (very rebel sided).

1. The rebels have the whole barracks area watching over the bottom of that deer stand area where this individual is downed. Yes, there is a smokescreen down, but keep in mind that with blastcore enabled now, the effectiveness of the smokescreen is reduced.
  2. How many rebels are currently active (alive)? Where are their last known locations?
  3. Is deadly force authorized? Did I accidentally have my laser off and only realize it after I had downed the individual?
  4. After I realize that I have downed the suspect, do I have time to fumble around with the scroll wheel to try to get the restrain option to pop up?
  5. Even if I restrain the suspect, it's likely that I will send the suspect straight to jail during this active prison break. Killing the suspect will force the rebels to push to revive, allowing the rest of my officers to down them when they attempt to do so.

Looking at this one piece of evidence, I fail to see how Captains are abusive and need to be put in line.

You've also fallen victim to embellishing what actually happened to further an unhealthy agenda of APD bashing which should not exist.

This is a good example of what the APD has to put up with when people come to us with word of mouth accusations and no evidence.

9 hours ago, Sean That Irish Guy said:

Ive seen them down and restrain people who are right beside them at prisons, banks feds and after a few minutes just un-restrain and execute them because they dont wanna get them brought back to HQ

9fmPnmr.gif

McMuffin and Rafael like this
2 hours ago, Sean That Irish Guy said:

4 main points ive highlighted:

1. I totally understand the fact they can go above and around the guidebook but some do it more than they should, that was my main reason behind this thread in the first place. Yeah its been this way for god knows how long but when it becomes a frequent issue as of lately im gonna make a point about it.

3. A certain retired Captain done this this the other day in the presence of admins so by all means feel free to ask around.

4. And lastly to this lovely screenshot. Obviously it looks back but if im not mistaken this was from god knows how long ago, appreciate the fact you actually took the time out to fish through group logs for this one, and is highly out of context. Im pretty sure im talking about someone else saying that specific word and not just saying it for the fun of it so id love to see what led up this this single line of text. You're obviously ok with showing this info so why not show the rest? I could be digging a hole for myself here but im pretty certain its not what it seems. Obviously i said the word but im pretty sure i wasnt directing it at anyone and was responding to someone about the use of that word somewhere.

Anyways, thank you for your response.

Irish has never said the n word and he takes it very seriously when people around him say it. Irish is usually a funny guy, but not when It comes to racism.

Shits annoying and not fun to play. Captains dropping guns, pulling ifrits, using items not even in the mission, even saw DarkKnight drive to HQ to seize ad ifrit with a policy update forbidding it.

They have immunity because they are allowed to break the rules set by themselves. Only extreme cases will bring even the slightest punishment. 

Anything for a win I guess. Won’t be many people left to fight if you keep it up.

Maaqs, Space, Calle. and 7 others like this
10 minutes ago, TRYHARD said:

Shits annoying and not fun to play. Captains dropping guns, pulling ifrits, using items not even in the mission, even saw DarkKnight drive to HQ to seize ad ifrit with a policy update forbidding it.

They have immunity because they are allowed to break the rules set by themselves. Only extreme cases will bring even the slightest punishment. 

Anything for a win I guess. Won’t be many people left to fight if you keep it up.

whats the difference if we pushed the lighthouse with an ifrit or a hunter? Or what about all the times when i was an active captain and helped you out? Or when i gave you corp? or when i dropped you an Mk1? Did you forget about those times too?

The Captains aren't the only ones to abuse their position, and seeing how many of the people complaining don't often play cop, I'm sure they have no clue. It should also be noted here, that while the Captains enjoy little to no accountability, they still show far more restraint than this new pathetic admin/moderator team.

All the positions of responsibility and " authority" in the Asylum servers have been able to be exploited with no accountability, because the community has become complacent and because of the toxic behavior of promoting your friends. I agree that the Captains should be put on check, but so should everybody else. But it won't happen, not until the dudes in charge decide to get serious about their servers.

12 hours ago, Durga said:

I've never seen a Captain, retired or otherwise, go out of their way to be abusive. I don't want to use a blanket excuse such as "they deserved it", or "they knew what they were doing / getting themselves into". Butsometimes, that is the case.

Looking from the outside in on what a Captain in game does can look very damning. What's likely is that the Captain has a good reason for lethaling, jailing, increasing someone's ticket, or even leaving them restrained for 10 minutes. 

Just a day or two ago, I drove a suspect back from a bank robbery. If you were on the outside of the situation, you would've seen me simply drive back to HQ, and throw him in jail without saying a word to him. In reality, he was screaming his lungs out in vehicle chat, and I'm absolutely not going to process that.

We've been on these servers long enough, 2013 btw, to have a rapport with almost everyone who has stuck around on these servers. We recognize your name and your past interactions with us. If we know someone to be toxic, troll us, bar gate us, etc, we'll give you a shorter leash. There are ways to get attention from the police that doesn't require us to dislike you for it.

While the solution isn't as simple as "Be nicer to the police", it would go a long way to correcting the issues you're bringing up, @Sean That Irish Guy. If you report an officer who's treating you like shit, and the video shows him treating you like shit, but you are also treating him like shit, it devalues your report. If you report a cop being an asshole for no reason, he'll have guaranteed action taken. The way I used to handle reports on officers boiled down to a couple of factors. Was the officer acting negatively as a reaction, did he make a mistake, or was he being malicious. Only two of those deserve punishment, and one needs a lot of context.

Sort of rambling, but if you don't give an officer a reason to mistreat you, he'll eventually get himself demoted/removed.

I can't speak for the spawning stuff in, or lethaling someone to not have to drive them back.

I'm just going to call out the elephant in the room here... everyone is thinking it but Durga... you were part of the problem for the better part of 2 years. People refused to play when they saw you on. I myself remember several instances where I refused to get on the server after seeing you online especially during the Tanoa days. I've seen you remove people from their rank on cop for literally petty minor not even rule breaking shit. Now i haven't played with you, or even played while you were online in probably around a year now but everyone from that time period remembers how notorious you were. Now to cover the post it's self I personally play a lot with one of the captains i feel like this post may be directed towards. Being completely honest here... have i seen some major fucked up shit happen to people? Hell yeah i have. Have i also seen players with a 100k bounty and over a quarter million dollars in drugs get pardoned and sent on their way drugs and all? Sure as hell have. I think one of the major things this post doesn't cover is the good things Captains do for the community and how rare it really is when the major stuff pops off (with this specific captain in particular). I've seen a Captain organize fights where the rebels get to pick a spot and for over an hour it's non-stop combat in a 20v20 battle. I've seen Captains purposefully blow up orcas, and i've seen them let people drive off with their ifrits because they made the encounter fun and entertaining. Maybe there could be a few rules in place to stop some of the really awful abuse that can and occasionally does happen, but for the most part i feel like it may just be a select individual or two who are causing the problem.

Edited by Tyler
Kawaii, cHIP oTLE and Sheriff Rick like this

@Samperino. I am not gonna quote the entire post. The n word. (Not gonna spell it out cause yaknow. Is not racism.

For future N will be the holy word.

N is not a racist word. It was a name for black slaves a while ago. The only way the N should be offensive if refered to as follows:

Go back to picking cotton u N.

Now this is racist because u use the term N to define that he is a black slave.

Saying :

go back to picking cotton you slave.

Would not be racist. The only reason why the N is being treated so differently is because we give it so much power.

I mean if N is such a big deal, then why isnt faggot, retard etc(i could go on but you get the point)

its all about context. In this case he said: then he went back to N.

Did he say that he went back to a black slave. Most unlikely. Did he say he went back to a certain position often refered to as N rocks. Idk but that makes more sense.

Now fine with me if society wants to van the N word. But then also ban faggot etctl

tldr: N word isn't racist

9 hours ago, Samperino said:

This is very "chief-like." If I want to kill you, I will kill you.

This is difficult for me to comment on in specific as I don't recall this situation, but I'll go through what my thought process might have been. We're at an active prison break, by the looks of it (very rebel sided).

1. The rebels have the whole barracks area watching over the bottom of that deer stand area where this individual is downed. Yes, there is a smokescreen down, but keep in mind that with blastcore enabled now, the effectiveness of the smokescreen is reduced.
  2. How many rebels are currently active (alive)? Where are their last known locations?
  3. Is deadly force authorized? Did I accidentally have my laser off and only realize it after I had downed the individual?
  4. After I realize that I have downed the suspect, do I have time to fumble around with the scroll wheel to try to get the restrain option to pop up?
  5. Even if I restrain the suspect, it's likely that I will send the suspect straight to jail during this active prison break. Killing the suspect will force the rebels to push to revive, allowing the rest of my officers to down them when they attempt to do so.

Looking at this one piece of evidence, I fail to see how Captains are abusive and need to be put in line.

You've also fallen victim to embellishing what actually happened to further an unhealthy agenda of APD bashing which should not exist.

This is a good example of what the APD has to put up with when people come to us with word of mouth accusations and no evidence.

9fmPnmr.gif

The opening line to this response is what the issue is. At first when i made this post it was ment to be a discussion on how to improve issue that the majority of this thread agree with or has seen first hand but instead they have just seen more of the same from someone who is supposed to be in control of the people in question of said discussion. 

You talk about how you wont fumble around the scroll wheel trying to restrain the person downed but you disarmed this individual straight after you shot him, which also makes your "i will send him straight to jail over the prison anyway" comment useless. There was 4 people to your 8 cops on a push in with 1 person other than the downed party left. The blastcore that is currently on the server right now doesnt reduce the effectiveness of smoke screens from vehicles, its the complete opposite almost from testing ive done when it was first brought back.

Also, that one and only report i made in April wasnt my "only" report. Not sure if you can see previous reports from before the report system change but if you can you will see where the original statement came from.

Still waiting on the context of that SS btw.

Edited by Sean That Irish Guy
TRYHARD, Good Lub and Maaqs like this