Clint Beastwood

Server 3 Deadline 5/25 5PM PST

Good Morning Asylum,

With population dwindling before summer and the launch of V2 we have decided to close up S3 until our population returns.  We realize this is not a very popular decision and we understand how critical housing is to gameplay.  We want our community to thrive at all hours of the day and we feel by removing server 3 this will help engage those people who want to play with 25+ people.

We did not come to this decision easily, but, until our population returns S3 will remain offline.

Starting today until Saturday 5/25 5PM PST the server will remain online so you can move items, sell housing and prepare for the server to go offline. 

Just now, Clint Beastwood said:

Good Morning Asylum,

With population dwindling before summer and the launch of V2 we have decided to close up S3 until our population returns.  We realize this is not a very popular decision and we understand how critical housing is to gameplay.  We want our community to thrive at all hours of the day and we feel by removing server 3 this will help engage those people who want to play with 25+ people.

We did not come to this decision easily, but, until our population returns S3 will remain offline.

Starting today until Saturday 5/25 5PM PST the server will remain online so you can move items, sell housing and prepare for the server to go offline. 

good choice thanks clint :)

Flare Chaser likes this

Just now, Smee said:

6 million for houses, cant wait for it to pop up again, and buy fresh houses.

Well - the server will be offline, if we DO bring the server back online, maybe the owners of those houses will still have them.

Thats the gamble.

Just now, Clint Beastwood said:

Well - the server will be offline, if we DO bring the server back online, maybe the owners of those houses will still have them.

Thats the gamble.

i had already sold em :frog:

Chow Mein likes this

Just now, Scott said:

So as long as the server returns we will have our houses, the gamble is if it will return?

I will see - Ill check to see if the script will run once the server goes back online lol.  But essentially - yes.

Judg3 and Scott like this

I mean, it's all fair and square if ya'll wanna close S3 for the time being.
But having my houses vanish from there, just because it's down for long.... now that's gonna be upsetting if it happens.

Judg3 likes this

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

I'll make a backup before we shut it down. Either for compensation purposes or revival if we throw it back up.

I have very "hot" houses, I paid about 3m for just one. 

I see that there is these Gambles that clint keeps talking about. Will the be an actual worthy compensation or will we get the house actual value ($120,000) etc...

No one will buy houses knowing this server will be shut down and there wont be anything there after.  

3 hours ago, Nic Rage said:

If you're going to take down my server 3, can throw up Strife? (Yes I know that would kind of defeat the point.)

as much as i wish strife could come back, it will just go back to people making a mil a day by going afk during the games, eventually leading up to the entire server doing that

4 minutes ago, Huan Lee said:

as much as i wish strife could come back, it will just go back to people making a mil a day by going afk during the games, eventually leading up to the entire server doing that

I see no issues, server 3 was most peoples farming server, might as well take the risk.

4 hours ago, Clint Beastwood said:

Good Morning Asylum,

it will not help pop you have tried this already and it has not worked why make people upset pluss out thour the month server 3 has had more people on it then server 1

Samus_Aran likes this

Just now, larrydotson said:

it will not help pop you have tried this already and it has not worked why make people upset pluss out thour the month server 3 has had more people on it then server 1

Server 3 was a farming server thats why 

massi likes this

4 hours ago, Clint Beastwood said:

Good Morning Asylum,

Even if population returns 160 ish players between 2 severs is good enough. A third server is time and money wasted no offense. The only good thing about 3 severs was on rebel if you did the bank on s1 and have a cool down maybe s2 or 3 has enough cops on to do it again. 

1 hour ago, larrydotson said:

Its not as much as "helping population" as it is to keep the population engaged with each other. 

Right now during peak we see 

S1 - 65-80 

S2 - 35-50

S3 - 5-15 

Filter those 5 to 15 people into S1 or S2 and you have a pretty densely populated server.  

EDIT : good news is our housing script that cleans up permed or 30 + day abandoned houses has freed up some space on S1 and S2.  

House hunting commence.