Tweak Community Goals

I have a few ideas on how the team can tweak community goals.

First, making everything you donate towards (i.e loot crates, a percentage of your donor rank donation, etc) go to community goals, instead of having to specifically donate to it with no reward until other people donate more.

Also, there are some things on community goals that are amazing features to the server, put behind a pay wall. Some things that make a server great, shouldn't be put behind a pay wall. Some examples are, medical at rebel and being able to pull out a vehicle for free. Its convenient to have medical at rebel because no one is going to slave themselves to get that 50k infamy talent unless you're a hardcore drug runner 24/7. The convenience of not having to run from one place to another to grab a debit card and run straight back to pull a car out is amazing, you don't have to waste more time grabbing a car. Please leave some of your opinions down below, or just say some things for the sake of the argument.

There are also loads of other good features that shouldn't be just paid for as well, less time in jail is another perfect example. 3 Manslaughters will put you in jail for 30-40 minutes.

Edited by Copa
gang
{-M-}, The Boss, Donald and 5 others like this

I think people might be more incentivised if the goals went to server development. 

Tier 1: Weapons and vehicles are 25% less

Tier 2: Reduced jail time, increased fed/bank payout, money generated from cartel ownership, and increased drug sale price

Tier 3: Small development change (Something easy that would require a small amount of time but is asked for frequently.)

Tier 4: Large development change or community event (Could be something like the addition of a new way of money making or a gang wars.) Some money used to compensate devs or event organizer for the extra work.

Edited by TRYHARD
Copa, Innate, {-M-} and 6 others like this

Jail time should be reduced regardless, or at least add in something that decreases the time by a significant amount. 

Let prisoners go to Kavala and pick up trash or volunteer in the sandwich kiosks as "community service". It would reward people who actually want to still interact with the game rather than just alt-tabbing. It would add some fun and interesting RP as well imo. 

Yuki Hayami, Blake., Bandit and 1 other like this
7 hours ago, Reformed epTic said:

Jail time should be reduced regardless, or at least add in something that decreases the time by a significant amount. 

Let prisoners go to Kavala and pick up trash or volunteer in the sandwich kiosks as "community service". It would reward people who actually want to still interact with the game rather than just alt-tabbing. It would add some fun and interesting RP as well imo. 

So outside of jail doing tasks to interact with people/burn the jail time faster? I think that would be cool... obviously making it so the “convicts” unable to equip anything or get in a vehicle

11 hours ago, Copa said:

First, making everything you donate towards (i.e loot crates, a percentage of your donor rank donation, etc) go to community goals, instead of having to specifically donate to it with no reward until other people donate more.

People have said this before, and usually got hit with Gnash's "every donation has a different reward, that's enough." locked thread. 

11 hours ago, Copa said:

Some examples are, medical at rebel

Yes, medical at rebel is great, however, it's also an incredible buff to rebels when it's active as you don't have to interact with a town at all. It's meant to be strong but it's also meant to be an "extra cherry on top." IMO, there would have to be setbacks if this was implemented permanently and not require Community Goals / 50k infamy.

11 hours ago, Copa said:

less time in jail is another perfect example. 3 Manslaughters will put you in jail for 30-40 minutes.

While a rework is potentially coming in the future where plates decrease your time rather than bail price, again, the devs need to put some nice things behind a paywall to entice people to donate. The things you listed are quite strong and likely reasons people donate via community goals. 

You kinda nitpicked at the better/juicier Community Goals and advocated they be implemented permanently, which, IMO (apart from extra talent points) would render community goals useless (ie: I'd rather spend money on crates or my personal donator level).

Edited by Maaqs
3 hours ago, •ÐŠ• cHIP oTLE said:

I wouldn’t mind seeing community goals removed... 

Don’t get me wrong, it’s awesome having extra inventory, extra talent points, armor stacking, and medical at rebel, but when it’s gone, it’s almost crippling for the first few days... 

This. Community goals actually make Asylum less favorable to play on. It almost feels like a punishment for not giving the server money. Make everything you get with community goals the default and the player pop will increase. I was surprised to even see that this was a thing when i came back and by surpised I mean appalled.

The Boss, Sikorsky and TRYHARD like this
28 minutes ago, Ron Johnson said:

It's not a punishment for not donating I don't think. Community Goal Level '0' is just base game. Everything else is just a reward. Don't get the point of pitchforking an honest implementation. 

There were already rewards for donating. We are now donating to get features that SHOULD be the base game. Let's stop acting like this is ok? 

Just now, Judg3 said:

There were already rewards for donating. We are now donating to get features that SHOULD be the base game. Let's stop acting like this is ok? 

Features that were already in the game?

f19f9721afac1e6c9b609c26cb69f5f4.png

All of these look like things already in the game. You just get rewards such as additional talent points, lower prices, lower jail sentences, etc.

Try again with a different approach and I might understand where you're coming from. There should be no reason for people to expect Tier 4 rewards all the time. The game becomes so easy and should only be like that when deserved.

12 minutes ago, Ron Johnson said:

Features that were already in the game?

f19f9721afac1e6c9b609c26cb69f5f4.png

All of these look like things already in the game. You just get rewards such as additional talent points, lower prices, lower jail sentences, etc.

Try again with a different approach and I might understand where you're coming from. There should be no reason for people to expect Tier 4 rewards all the time. The game becomes so easy and should only be like that when deserved.

Ron I get your point about the tiers. Bare with me on my explanation because I'm an idiot.

Asylum needs to be easier to play. As it stands now doing anything at tier 0 is painful including gathering, cartel loadouts, bank payouts etc. Tier 4 is playable and so should become the new Tier 0 if you expect to retain players who have an easier time on another server that I won't name. Minus armor stacking.

Pay tiers are a good idea, but the base game as it stands makes me want to headbutt a knife without the perks of tier 4. I can assume I'm not the only one. 

Tier 3 even. 

Edited by Judg3
I'm stupid
8 minutes ago, Judg3 said:

Ron I get your point about the tiers. Bare with me on my explanation because I'm an idiot.

Asylum needs to be easier to play. As it stands now doing anything at tier 0 is painful including gathering, cartel loadouts, bank payouts etc. Tier 4 is playable and so should become the new Tier 0 if you expect to retain players who have an easier time on another server that I won't name. Minus armor stacking.

Pay tiers are a good idea, but the base game as it stands makes me want to headbutt a knife without the perks of tier 4. I can assume I'm not the only one. 

Tier 3 even. 

Say T4 becomes the new Base Game. 

What is to stop people from expecting the new T4 from becoming Base Game?

14 minutes ago, Ron Johnson said:

Say T4 becomes the new Base Game. 

What is to stop people from expecting the new T4 from becoming Base Game?

You mind fucked me for a second. The tiers maybe should be adjusted dependent on two things. 

1. The health of Arma 3

2. The health of Asylum

Nothing need be set in stone. For example if there are only 100 Arma 3 players left on planet Earth and Asylum is down to a single 65 player server then Tier 4 should be you get a free load out everytime you log in. 

The current tiers would've worked in 2016, but in 2019 I just don't see how we aren't incentivizing other players for hopping on Asylum at a minumum with the current Tier 3/4.

Edited by Judg3
I am still stupid
9 hours ago, Judg3 said:

You mind fucked me for a second. The tiers maybe should be adjusted dependent on two things. 

1. The health of Arma 3

2. The health of Asylum

Nothing need be set in stone. For example if there are only 100 Arma 3 players left on planet Earth and Asylum is down to a single 65 player server then Tier 4 should be you get a free load out everytime you log in. 

The current tiers would've worked in 2016, but in 2019 I just don't see how we aren't incentivizing  players to only hop on Asylum at the current Tier 3/4.

FIFY

I agree, some of the stuff locked behind the paywall should be in the base game, like extra talents, more bank payout (not worth robbing the bank fighting off a dozen cops and armor to make 150k between 5-10 people), ect.

I also agree that donating towards keys, and perhaps personal donor level, should apply to the community goals. As said in a post before mine, most people will just not donate towards the goals at all  when there is a significant portion left to the next tier, as in the players eyes they gain nothing. (Let's be honest, if a person donated everything but a single dollar towards the next tier, and no one else donated that dollar, in the donating players eyes they will have spent X dollars for no perceivable gain, whether that be server stability, in-game rewards.. ect.)

I won't buy keys ever, and unless the goal was at most 20$ off the next tier I would just save my money for something else on steam where I am getting something for my money.

P.S. I'm sure someones going to bring it up... IMO, Donating for the sake of keeping the servers up isn't much of an incentive for the majority of players . There are plenty of other servers out there, and I feel most people would sooner migrate to a new one instead.... just take a look at how many asylum players hop on olympus because there's nothing to do on asylum at that current moment.

Edited by The Boss
Cuz I'm retarded